Rare Monster Hunting Quest - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rare Monster Hunting Quest

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:12 AM

Hello,

When I played the THQ version, there was a NPC giving out Rare Monster quests.

I'm almost sure it was NPC Thief Cindy, in Port of Winds. If I'm not wrong the rewards were cards, but not these skill cards we can have (Not 100% sure, I kind of forgot) from the Wanted Posts, since Wanted Posts existed back then too.

Rare monsters used to drop Weapon Powder with a better rate (IF they still drop it) and was something cool and unique to hunt. Now they are pretty useless.

The Hunt quests would estimulate players to hunt such monsters, giving them an Use in the game, and making it more fun to get Daily Quests hunting Rare Monsters of your level.

If you found a rare monster before, it would be like "Wow, I'm lucky! I found one!" now its like "Oh... there it is.. boring".

Well I suggest, somehow the Monster Hunting Quests come to back, if not with Cards as rewards, with any other thing then, so it would bring back an Use to the now-boring Rare Monsters.

Thanks

#2 Azentaicho

Azentaicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationOn the PC
  • Server:Uh?

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Agree.

Rare monsters used to actually be rare, have a whole bunch of health, and you would get a lot of loot from them; weapon/armor powders, a truckload of coins, and in some cases, sealed equipment.
And if you had the quest for the monster from Cyndi, you'd get a huge amount of exp.

But yes, now, rare monsters are not so rare, easy to defeat, and you'd get the same amount of loot as you would from 2-3 monsters. It would definitely add some excitement if the rare monsters were fixed back to the way they were.

#3 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

No one really hunted them because of the quests or for weapon/armor powder

the real reason for hunting them was the special items (bandages/mimir ring/yeti belt etc) now the rare monsters in F6 maps drop those items so it's way easier to get them.

#4 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

No one really hunted them because of the quests or for weapon/armor powder

the real reason for hunting them was the special items (bandages/mimir ring/yeti belt etc) now the rare monsters in F6 maps drop those items so it's way easier to get them.

I did.

The purpose of this topic is to bring back the "Rarity" of finding a Rare Monster, by adding quests to it, and making it fun to hunt Rare Monsters, to either do quests or just get WP or AP, since the drop rate from them is pretty lower than what it used to be in THQ, which was around 50% drop rate for WP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users