• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Solerion

Solerion

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

I am currently at 9x Stalker. It was my understanding that bow/trap SC was the best for leveling. I was convinced after watching a few bow SC vids of other players. I've been reading around and it seems that overall, SCs are terrible at PvM, especially late game. Should i follow through with my bow/trap stalker or reset to autocaster for better/faster leveling? Or just move on from SC? Also, i have no interested in WoE. puppy me, right?  :heh:

#2 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

Bow is probably fastest. No matter what build you use, it won't be very effective at level 125+ due to the increase in monster hp at that range.

I would suggest just sticking with your build since you're almost there, instead of resetting for autospell and resetting another time.

At the very least, with an orc archer bow and arrow storm, you should be able to level fairly well until you reach 125+~

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 15 August 2014 - 02:30 AM.

#3 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

SC = one of the best class in WoE, and also one of the worst class in PvM.

Most of SC skills centers on PvP mechanic, so you won't find much fun tweaking on their skill in PvM. I admitted that Auto-Shadow Spell is a fun build. BUT, you will grow weary of them soon enough (too much dependent on ultra expensive gears, extensive spending on pots/heal, still sucks in late game anyway). Bad PvMer, no one wants you in their party (unless you have giant fly wings or you're a girl in RL). Don't even think about solo-ing MVPs if you don't want to spend bazillion supplies/gears.

Personally, I would suggest playing other classes. Rangers for one, is one of the best PvM class due to two magic words : Arrow Storm (and also the best KSer in game for same reason). A good MVPer class. Can solo low-tier and medium-tier MVPs with relatively cheap costs. Once you're able to hitlock MVPs, you can just sip your afternoon tea while watching your arrows fly. Aaaaand, everyone loves you in party (R>135+ Rangers only or GTFO).

So you still want to play SCs? If you do so, I salute your persistence. Yeah, ShinKokuryuu is right, bow SCs is the best build for party play. Just copy Arrow Storm (see! everyone loves Arrow Storm). At least, with AS copied you would be able to get into some party in Mid-TI to reach level 125 and hopes for some kind-hearted players to invite you in High TI. OR, as I would suggest, you could go Ignition Break/Bowling Bash combo and level yourself at Scaraba Hole 2. Best exp gain IMO, even better than TI (not to mention time wasted to search for TI party). Red Twin edge of Naght for weapon (Sword guardian carded if you're rich). Rideword hat/vanargand helm, Nidhoggur garb, or incubus pet to leech back your SP and HP. The more mobs you pull, the more chance of leech proc chance that you get (you won't even need to spend any pots if you're doing it right). Marine sphere carded accessory for magnum break if you want more damage, or better yet get +7 Leo Crown for mill wind fire.

Regardless of your choice, I wish you good luck on your adventure in this game :no1:

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:38 AM

i use my SC using AS until 125, then switch to IB until now (currently 131), because i view AS type to be squishy. also the more level u get, the more HP monster you have to fight. when your AS cant one shot the mob, you have to tank them and at tanking part AS type will have difficulty. using IB build, u will able to use shield to tank monsters.

best IB setup for me is triple hunter fly red twin edge + +9 vanargand helm to gain your HP and SP to ensure your survivability and to cut pots consumption. having ninja suit and shinobi sash combo is nice also to reduce SP use of IB from 110 to 88.

#5 Solerion

Solerion

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like the max level for MY SC will be 125 lol.

Are traps a viable way of leveling? and maybe even MvPing?

stygionyx:

Don't even think about solo-ing MVPs if you don't want to spend bazillion supplies/gears.

Assuming i DO want to spend bazillion on gears, what gears would be needed for this?

fuyukikun

This seems to be the best route to 150! Is an IB build good at before 125?

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

yes. but remember IB gears are more expensive. for poor people, AS will be fine until 125, u just need orc archer bow and steel arrows.
btw traps is not viable today, SC penalized by not having trap research skills, and your fire trap damage will only 1/5 of ranger's.

Edited by fuyukikun, 15 August 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#7 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Well, seems the advice of a professional PvM Chaser is needed here.  If you want to have a super easy time leveling (at least as easy as it gets) you're going to want to go hybrid.  You'll start off using Arrow Storm as your main killing skill.  Most people will tell you to level in Nogg Road, but that's not really a good place.  Instead, I highly suggest leveling in Niffleheim Field 1.  It's far better leveling because the monsters there never stop chasing you, they have great loot, and they don't use any skills while chasing you that could get your position lagged.  Use your Intimidate slot to copy Aspersio, and you can pretty easily level there until 130-135 (depending on how patient you are).  The method is extremely simple.  Gather up as massive a mob as you think you can handle, use Feint Bomb, and then Arrow Storm the instant the cast bar for Feint Bomb disappears.  If you've got a Rideword hat, chances are good you'll never even need to use pots, though have some just in case.

Your stats should be something like, medium str (at most), high agi, medium to high int, medium to high dex, low to medium vit (pump it), whatever luk you want.  This type of hybridization works well, because by the time you get to 130 or 135 range, you can easily switch over to Shadow Spell at start soloing at places like Nameless Island, Thors Volcano, or Biolabs 2nd floor.  135+ leveling is very slow, but it is doable, so don't give up.

Also, Shadow Chaser can very easily kill at least the low end MVPs, so if you want to do that, it's not impossible, despite what others say.  Afterall, I regularly kill Osiris on my 150 SC and only use about 600 Carrots on average for each run.

I think the most important thing though is to really love the SC class and really try to have fun with it.  If you're too focused on leveling really fast, it will just be never ending frustration.

If you'd like, I have a pvm/leveling guild that is specifically dedicated to Rogue branch called the Paros Pirates.  You can PM me if you're interested.

#8 Datrax

Datrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Server:Valkyre

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:04 AM

Can i copy aspersio with evil druid card?

#9 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Can i copy aspersio with evil druid card?

yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users