Gaia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

So I am leveling my GX and want to settle into his end game gear build and need some insight into what my options are.

So far I have this planned out. I plan on MVPing on this character.

Helm:

Upper: +14 White Drooping Eddga Hat

Mid: Any Slotted Mid Gear [(Dark Pinguicula / Duneyrr), Isilla Card]

Lower: CD in Mouth / Pirates Dagger

Armor:

+9 Nab's Cloth (FS3, FS4, FS6) [Hatii / Marc / Elemtent Conversion]

Weapon: +14 KVM Glorious Bloody Roar

Garment: +9 Fallen Angel Wing (FS5, FS5, FS6) [Raydric Card]

Boots: +12 Temporal Str Boots (FS7, LuckyDay*)

Accessory 1: Megingjard

Accessory 2: Glorious Ring till second Megingjard

The bold gear is stuff I do not think I can improve. Every thing else in red is stuff I do not have any real knowledge about as far as GX is concerned.

Suggestions on changes would be appreciated.

Edited by Gaia, 18 August 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#2 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

hmm..if you can afford +14 gear why not get nab cloths with FS enchants? What build are you? Crit,double attack,hybrid? Katar..best katar atm prob is the Chakram+sincuff combo but if you cant reach max aspd or near max prob better off with your current katar. No unfrozen water armor?

Edited by YangeWenli, 15 August 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#3 Gaia

Gaia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

hmm..if you can afford +14 gear why not get nab cloths with FS enchants? What build are you? Crit,double attack,hybrid? Katar..best katar atm prob is the Chakram+sincuff combo but if you cant reach max aspd or near max prob better off with your current katar. No unfrozen water armor?

I plan on running a boring rc/crit GX, so my stats will probably be 120 str for temporal str boots 50 atk 60-70 dex -90-100 vit and 90-100 luk. I was considering getting enough agi for hallucination walk to evade most solo-able mvps but the short duration sucks and I don't mind just slamming restore items. If that proves to suck I will just drop str down to 90 and pick up agi.

Chakram+Sincuffs is good from what I hear but I don't think you cant put out enough damage to solo higher end mvps with the gear changes needed. Nab might be a good idea if I pick up the agi and a Hatii card.

I can get up to 30ish k crits with just KVM and Eddga Hat procs stacking but I would need to get it to +15-16 to have a high enough proc chance for it to be perpetual since It falls off every 20-30 seconds.

as for affording anything I just do about 12 mid TIs a day in a high tax guild and trade the courtesy tickets in for OCA's and the badges for KVM/Reset stones plus mora enchanting with the coins. I usually net about 30-40 million a day but it takes up 3-4 hours of my day. (12 Rangers btw)

I forgot about unfrozen I usually rock 100+ vit chars with buffs and dont bother with it thx for reminding me.

Edited by Gaia, 17 August 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#4 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

Personally I would get hallucination walk not just because of the huge flee boost but because it allows me to dodge magic at a 50% rate.

However, once you use it you have to make sure the mvp is killed before it runs out so time it wisely.

For the second accessory, why not a bakonawa tattoo? +7% atk and +10% aspd is great~

If you want more resists with kafra blossom, maybe a chambered rwc ring with dual fs3 enchants and slotted with kbc instead?

#5 Gaia

Gaia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

Personally I would get hallucination walk not just because of the huge flee boost but because it allows me to dodge magic at a 50% rate.

However, once you use it you have to make sure the mvp is killed before it runs out so time it wisely.

For the second accessory, why not a bakonawa tattoo? +7% atk and +10% aspd is great~

If you want more resists with kafra blossom, maybe a chambered rwc ring with dual fs3 enchants and slotted with kbc instead?

Yeah the magic evade is a nice perk but since all I really need is exceed cloaking / rolling cutter so getting it is not a problem skill point wise. The bakonawa is a nice accessory but I just got a deal set to get a second Megs so its glorious ring till then.

The idea of the my GX is to just tank damage and kill with super speed that is why I though bear power might be worth it but I am going to just roll a luckyday str boots unless someone can advise me on a better choice of boots.

I dropped the elemental armors since nab cloth damage boost yange suggest is to much to pass up (I thought it had a auto cast but that was just sapha xD) However I do not like the prospect of having to roll 6x of them FS 3/4/5-6 but end game gear is end game.

I don't know about my mid head gear / lower head gear choices If I drop FS on Nab Cloth for crit the vanberk card becomes a pointless choice and I am not sure how CD in Mouth auto casting will effect my performance I just know its the highest damage lower headgear for any physical class.

CD in Mouth causes some issue with trying to cast back slide and EDP if the fight goes on more then 90 seconds but pumps out ridiculous damage with a +14 KVM BR so I wont be able to really assess its drawback until I am fully geared or have input from someone with experience.

#6 xKenshinx

xKenshinx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

cd in mouth is nice if trying to backslide or edp isnt an issue if not dagger is always great remember the bonus stacks with edp and robo eyes are great 2 f ur atk is already high enough in my opinion and about the nab armor idk man some boss have 2 types of spells like stormy knight i suggest a wind armor with marc card for that one wind reduces watter and and u get freeze immune for it just my toughts nab is great for mid-low tier mvps but idk about high tier mvps with multi spells. and i dont think vanberk is that good i rather get dark pinguicula or some flat atk and with nab u cant equip porcelio card so u dont rly get that much of atk but everyone has their gear preferences so w/e suits ur gameplay.

Edited by xKenshinx, 17 August 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#7 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

I have a 150/50 GX. I have above average gear for it. 

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=7

All my character info is in my sig. I haven't tapped all of my GX's MvP ability but think you are wasting your time if your goal is MvP. Start on a Genetic. I hear good things about GX though. GX has good end game. Just doesn't reach the end game level of a Genetic. I made a bunch of characters before my Gen and regret that I wasted so much time. 

Genetic is the king of MvP. I solo Bee with kaahi. Ifrit is a cake walk. Only MvP that is still semi tough is Valk. 

#8 Gaia

Gaia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

cd in mouth is nice if trying to backslide or edp isnt an issue if not dagger is always great remember the bonus stacks with edp and robo eyes are great 2 f ur atk is already high enough in my opinion and about the nab armor idk man some boss have 2 types of spells like stormy knight i suggest a wind armor with marc card for that one wind reduces watter and and u get freeze immune for it just my toughts nab is great for mid-low tier mvps but idk about high tier mvps with multi spells. and i dont think vanberk is that good i rather get dark pinguicula or some flat atk and with nab u cant equip porcelio card so u dont rly get that much of atk but everyone has their gear preferences so w/e suits ur gameplay.

Multiple elements do not really concern me that much I should have enough dps to kill most under hallucination walk timer. As for nab there is no other option really a elemental armor with procellio only adds 25 atk and element conversion versus nab with decent FS enchants adding 45-48 atk plus element conversion I can always procellio another nab for more dps on mvps that dont need the element conversion.

As for the the vanberk card I am considering isilla card for the +30 flee off bolt procs (If I keep cd in mouth that is). I might consider a dark pinguicula / duneyrr card if I change cd in mouth to pirates dagger depends on overall damage. Of course I plan on using slotted mid headgears with the element damage reduction head cards as well.

I have a 150/50 GX. I have above average gear for it. 

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=7

All my character info is in my sig. I haven't tapped all of my GX's MvP ability but think you are wasting your time if your goal is MvP. Start on a Genetic. I hear good things about GX though. GX has good end game. Just doesn't reach the end game level of a Genetic. I made a bunch of characters before my Gen and regret that I wasted so much time. 

Genetic is the king of MvP. I solo Bee with kaahi. Ifrit is a cake walk. Only MvP that is still semi tough is Valk. 

Well right now yeah Gen are king of the MvP but the only two classes that will be able to solo nightmare Glasthheim without burning tens of millions each run will be sura and GX from everyone that I talk to that plays kRO (People keep telling me of 1million + dps GXs on kRO right now). I just plan on doing MvPs till then to make some easy coin.

Personally I really do not like the play style of Gen classes it just boils down to how much money you want to throw at a MvP to kill it.

Edited by Gaia, 18 August 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#9 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

END GAME Dagger GX Ultimate Gear

+12-15 Drooping Eddga

Black Frame Glass [Lord Knight Card]

Pirate Dagger/Gangster Scarf

+12-15 Nab Cloth Max FS Enchant [Gloom Under Night] or Switch for [Ktullanux Card] for Ifrit Mvp

+12-15 Scalpel [Memory of Thanatos],[Turtle General],[Valk Rangris] Occult Impact/Autocast and +30% Attack Power

+12-15 Scalpel [Drake],[Baphomet],[Lord of Death],Aoe/Size/Coma Effects 

+12-15 Fallen Angel WIng FS 6/5/5 [WakWak Card] card not yet on Iro (+5 Attack every 10 points of STR)

+12-15 Temporal Str Boots FS 7, Speed of Light

x2 Mejingjard

This Gears might be able to do some badass damage without relying on RC to kill mobs, since Bapho Card splash damage

Just Sharing thoughts ,not like someone can have all these cards yet"

Notice: Mostly Mvp Cards for bragging rights and Fun autocasts

Edited

Edited by Aedis, 18 August 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#10 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

Is FS 6/6/6 on a Nab's even possible? Thought the max for the first two enchants was slot number +2 (so FS 6/4/3 would be max). Sorry for OT question, piqued my interest. ._.

#11 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

Is FS 6/6/6 on a Nab's even possible? Thought the max for the first two enchants was slot number +2 (so FS 6/4/3 would be max). Sorry for OT question, piqued my interest. ._.

My bad not sure either on max Nab FS enchants xD, but max it can get

#12 Datrax

Datrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Server:Valkyre

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:22 AM

Wouldn't occoult impact and ignore def kill each other?

#13 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

something that we can never achieve (maybe not?)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nuzt0OLRixs

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 18 August 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#14 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

Isn't Sandstorm/twilight a waste? Level 2 weapons, proc of 190 and not 193 ASPD. Scalpels seem like they would come out better over-all but I would have to test to make sure, I know in ore-ren I used that combo nicely, but not sure about it anymore.

I don't know if SS and Thana stack.....do they?

From what I've seen, all you want in a baller endgame dagger for MVP is.... +12~ Scalpel [AK][]AK[Drake] +12~ Scalpel [AK] [AK] [Thanatos] for Maximum damage. Also, the boot choice is a slippery slope, there are better options than STR boots for max damage output, STR is best for RC but not over-all, esp with the level expansion.

Ancient Gold deco seems stupid. +12~ Eddga or +12~ LFH with angra mantis....seriously?

Also, darksorrow, I have been watching all that dudes vids all weekend, I hope our RO never gets that insane.....from the look of their differing instances, it seems they get it much easier than we do anyways.

Edited by Havenn, 18 August 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#15 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:32 AM

yeah jRO is just too OP and too much xD. cant be compared at all

#16 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

END GAME Dagger GX Ultimate Gear

+12-15 Ancient Gold Deco Str 3/Str 3 enchants [Seyren Windsor Card] Or KRO soon to come Headgear

Black Frame Glass [Lord Knight Card]

Pirate Dagger/Gangster Scarf/Pencil in Mouth

+12-15 Nab Cloth FS 6/6/6 [Gloom Under Night] or Switch for [Ktullanux Card] for Ifrit Mvp

+12-15 Desert Twilight [Turtle General Card] & [Valk Rangris Card] Autocast and +30% Attack Power

+12-15 Sandstorm [Memory of Thanatos],[Samurai Spectre],[Baphomet],[Lord of Death],Aoe/Ignore Def/Occult Impaction/Coma Effects and Sandstorm/Twilight for Aspd proc

+12-15 Fallen Angel WIng FS 6/5/5 [WakWak Card] card not yet on Iro (+5 Attack every 10 points of STR)

+12-15 Temporal Str Boots FS 7, Bears Power

x2 Mejingjard

This Gears might be able to do some badass damage without relying on RC to kill mobs, since Bapho Card splash damage

Just Sharing thoughts ,not like someone can have all these cards yet"

Totally Fail.... 

#17 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

something that we can never achieve (maybe not?)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nuzt0OLRixs

Omg... dat damage... xD

Anyway the gears i thought of are just Fun Pvm/Mvp gears with Super High End Cards thats more of a bragging rights/show off, if anybody see you having all those cards at once.

Ancient Deco (All Stats +2 and +8 % Attack damage and can be enchanted stat 3/3 , best headgear i can think about, i just like how all those procs when u hit ,aspd,coma,splash,dispell,magnum

Not really sure what im talking about on Thana and SS card since i dont own any of it, but having them together can target high vit and low vit targets is what im thinking

#18 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Isn't Sandstorm/twilight a waste? Level 2 weapons, proc of 190 and not 193 ASPD. Scalpels seem like they would come out better over-all but I would have to test to make sure, I know in ore-ren I used that combo nicely, but not sure about it anymore.

That is most likely a wrong description. It probably procs +100% ASPD, which will give you 193 ASPD if you are level 100+.

I don't know if SS and Thana stack.....do they?

They do not. Samurai Specter ignores defense. Thanatos ignores defense and increases your attack depending on target's Def.

#19 Gaia

Gaia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hm white eggda hat proc seems to outclasses any other helms static benefits. I use +9 vana when I am RC spamming on groups.

All the spread sheet calcs I did puts two +14 Scalpels slotted with [AK] [AK] [Drake], [AK] [AK] [Thanatos] at only a marginal 18-19% damage increase over +14 KVM BR Given 193 aspd for both setups. On a demi-human target of course KVM BR krunks the daggers.

I don't think switching to daggers will be a option for me the price difference alone between a +14 KVM Blood Roar and two end game daggers is literally over 100 billion. It would probably take me 1.5 to 2 years to farm that much more zeny or even longer to farm the card unless I am lucky.

As far as the boots are concerned why do you think there are better options then the temp str boots? +7 atk every 3 levels is very substantial given edp. Other choices are luk/dex/hp and I do not see how any of those can outperform the damage benefit from temp str boots. Bear power activates when being hit not on attack so sustaining it on any target is a pipe dream at best. 200 luck on hit is sustainable at 193 aspd and puts me off the charts for crit % removing any need for crit on my nabs cloth.

Edited by Gaia, 18 August 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#20 Datrax

Datrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Server:Valkyre

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Did you ever tried to upgrade something to +14? It's a 0.01% chance. So you need ~10.000 enriched bradium. 5 cost 75KP. So 150.000 KP 1.000KP cost about 100m. So 15b zeny to get the mats for a +14 weapon. And that's just +10 - +14. so easy or cheap is something Else :D

#21 Gaia

Gaia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

I have upgrade about 20 items to +14 just relog after every failed atempts, it resets rng normally takes about 300-500 stones to +14 a lvl 4 weapon or armor.

The game does not determine if your upgrade attempt will fail or success when you perform the upgrade but when IP logs onto the server. A file that has pre determined arrays of numbers in it is used to calculate success or failure. A large portion of the arrays have strings of 2 and 3 successes in a row right off the bat. They got rid of actually rolling the numbers back when people were using packet hacks to get infinite +10s a long time ago in classic. To much of the actual game is processed on our end so instead of redesigning the game from the ground up they just created percentage tables for every percentage based mechanic. The only mechanic that I know that is not based on a table is animation delay.

When 3rd jobs came out they changes the system back out to the rng one but left the old mechanics in place but because of shotty programming they still supersede the newer rng based upgrade mechanics. It is why they are having problems modifying ice trap and fire trap damage on the new ranger headband those are table based as well they just don't realize it.

#22 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

I have upgrade about 20 items to +14 just relog after every failed atempts, it resets rng normally takes about 300-500 stones to +14 a lvl 4 weapon or armor.

The game does not determine if your upgrade attempt will fail or success when you perform the upgrade but when IP logs onto the server. A file that has pre determined arrays of numbers in it is used to calculate success or failure. A large portion of the arrays have strings of 2 and 3 successes in a row right off the bat. They got rid of actually rolling the numbers back when people were using packet hacks to get infinite +10s a long time ago in classic. To much of the actual game is processed on our end so instead of redesigning the game from the ground up they just created percentage tables for every percentage based mechanic. The only mechanic that I know that is not based on a table is animation delay.

When 3rd jobs came out they changes the system back out to the rng one but left the old mechanics in place but because of shotty programming they still supersede the newer rng based upgrade mechanics. It is why they are having problems modifying ice trap and fire trap damage on the new ranger headband those are table based as well they just don't realize it.

What? +14 Level 1~3 Weapons or all Level 4?

This can't be possible without spending either 10s of thousands on this game or a few 100 billion. 

I mean, I have great luck upgrading so far with 5 +14 level 4s, but that has cost me 1000s of dollars.

Then I see someone thinking they can achieve 14~15 with 20? Maybe with level 3s easily. Lmao. With this game, you have a better chance at buying the GMs off and getting them to make you  20 automatic level 4 +14 Weapons then trying your luck with Generous Hammer.

#23 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

+14 Daggers with thana match +14 KVM? =O

really?

#24 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

KVM has Slaughter and which doubles ATK at +14, right?

Switching right hand into +14 Glorious Gladius, DD should do a lot better.

I tried +12 KVM Katar and +12 Glorious Gladius with Icepick on left hand,

and DD crit already does better than Katar on good DEF character.

I don't see the point of comparing AK carded daggers and KVM....

#25 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

Dual Dagger crit...i have been interested in that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users