My Life Suck :( - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

My Life Suck :(

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dalx

Dalx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:30 AM

Yea so.... i started this game 4 months ago and i am still a poor newbie. Yesterday i turned all my Eden Merit Badges got 10 Magical Stones out of 84 Badges but i made a fatal noob error and forgot a 0 when selling my stones.

Instead of selling each for 5m x 10 =  50, 000, 000 i sold all for 500k x 10 = 5, 000, 000 and lost 45m... my only hope of getting a little wealth.. Yea my life suck :(

End of sad story

#2 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

I've seen people selling 99M things for 9M, that's 90M profit loss, my point is, it could've been worse and you'll learn from your mistake.

I was poor for years when I started and I'm sure most people were too.

Wait, I'm still poor  :sob: 

End of this sad story...

Edited by Aizenath, 16 August 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#3 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

Ouch. Always double check your zeroes before you sell something. Also always check the items, I made over 200 mil yesterday cuz someone screwed up and was buying headgear certs at the price of body certs. :x

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Yeah sometimes I brag about greedily taking advantage of other people too

Anyways. OP, you can easily make that money back. You really should look into spending $7 on RO. You can't keep getting the netflix movies you want to see without paying eventually, you can't get popcorn at the theater without shelling out $7 either. I mean, the movie is over in 2 hours, and that is where your $7 went. A salad and a drink at the cafeteria at my job runs about $7 too. VIP on Ragnarok lasts a month for the same price. VIPs can do two quests at once, so you'll rack up badges (magic stones) twice as fast. Leveling alternates will be quicker too, due to the +50% exp and warp services, VIP dungeons, etc., and you can do turn-ins on multiple characters in succession to get way more badges per day. You could get back that 50m in a week which took you 3 months before.

If for what reason you can't afford $7 (You maybe should be looking for work, or an offline hobby that makes money if you can't, instead of playing games), there are in-game ways to make money that don't require VIP. There are several threads on this topic around the forum, which include strategies such as 'buy low, sell high', 'rare item hunting,' and 'upgrade gambling'. What OniichanN did falls under the buy low, sell high. You can sue ragial.com for help with this.

Edited by Jaye, 16 August 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#5 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

Well, someone has to. >:3

Sometimes it pays of to check ragial periodically. /shrug

#6 Dalx

Dalx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Anyways. OP, you can easily make that money back. You really should look into spending $7 on RO. You can't keep getting the netflix movies you want to see without paying eventually, you can't get popcorn at the theater without shelling out $7 either. I mean, the movie is over in 2 hours, and that is where your $7 went. A salad and a drink at the cafeteria at my job runs about $7 too. VIP on Ragnarok lasts a month for the same price. VIPs can do two quests at once, so you'll rack up badges (magic stones) twice as fast. Leveling alternates will be quicker too, due to the +50% exp and warp services, VIP dungeons, etc., and you can do turn-ins on multiple characters in succession to get way more badges per day. You could get back that 50m in a week which took you 3 months before.

Im already VIP  all 4 months ive been but this lost = 20 days of playing and badges gone for nothing

Edited by Dalx, 16 August 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

You just need to run it on more than 1 character. A turn in takes like 30-45 mins, so you're only setting aside like 1.5-2 hours a day playing the game if you run through with 3 characters. There is also the other strategies listed above.

#8 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

man, that sucks

give me ur in game name, i will spare u that 45mil which worth nothing.

Edited by thatfool, 16 August 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

^ how nice :D

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

you can put commas in your prices so it's a lot harder to mess up your zeroes in that case.  something to remember going forward.

#11 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

I never miss zeros, because I count it out in my head as I'm hitting the keys, 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3 (3,000,000)  Or if I'm selling something that's 50mil for example, then I count fifty, 1 2 3, 1 2 3.  Basically you just count out the zeros as you hit the 0 key.  If you think you might have made a mistake, just backspace and re-enter the numbers. As soon as you've set your shop up, take a look at what you're selling and make sure the prices are right.  To make it a little more fun, I like to whip out the old calculator and add up how much zeny I'll have if everything in my shop sells out.

#12 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

If for what reason you can't afford $7 (You maybe should be looking for work, or an offline hobby that makes money if you can't, instead of playing games), there are in-game ways to make money that don't require VIP. There are several threads on this topic around the forum, which include strategies such as 'buy low, sell high', 'rare item hunting,' and 'upgrade gambling'. What OniichanN did falls under the buy low, sell high. You can sue ragial.com for help with this.

I feel like parts of this post should be pinned somewhere.

Too much realism for these forums Kaddy. Probably too late to try to grab people from out of the matrix, when its so many agents here trying to keep them in lol. Bolded part is my fav though  :heh: .

It's just that I encounter situations involving this every single day I'm on in-game. Just thought I'd share my two cents.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Back when we still had the 30-hour subscription (for $7), I would always find a way to stretch that to 6 months so I was basically paying $14/year when iRO was pay-to-play.

Good times.

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

I used to do that with my alternate accounts. My hourly subscription really lasted many months

#15 Dalx

Dalx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

man, that sucks

give me ur in game name, i will spare u that 45mil which worth nothing.

really ?  :p_love:

#16 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

u are more than welcome

#17 Dalx

Dalx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

u are more than welcome

Thank you very much you are really generous  :thx:

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

I've lost > 1b to missing zeros. 

I twice put up a vend of high end MVP drops that my team got (back when killing MVPs actually took a team) with missing zero's on the whole vend - so I had to make up the money to my team out of pocket. And it was several hundred each time. 

#19 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

I haven't lost that much to missing zeros, luckily. But I also count stuff out in my head, plus I keep my text window open fully so I can check prices the instant my shop goes up. 

#20 mayceyy

mayceyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Since u r just 4 months into the game. U should save ur emb for kvm rathrr then stones.. just hunt n make ur zeny. Loots, cards.. ragail. If thats not working make a brewer. Brew something.

#21 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

I never miss zeros, because I count it out in my head as I'm hitting the keys, 3, 1 2 3, 1 2 3 (3,000,000)  Or if I'm selling something that's 50mil for example, then I count fifty, 1 2 3, 1 2 3.  Basically you just count out the zeros as you hit the 0 key.  If you think you might have made a mistake, just backspace and re-enter the numbers. As soon as you've set your shop up, take a look at what you're selling and make sure the prices are right.  To make it a little more fun, I like to whip out the old calculator and add up how much zeny I'll have if everything in my shop sells out.

i do this! and it never fails :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users