#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Since Madogears have been a little disappointing, I thought I'd share a long-time hobby of mine to help cheer up Mechanics. :3 If this is too off-topic, feel free to move it.

Been building Gundams since way back in middle school-high school. Started out with no grade models (pretty much most 1/144 models out there) and worked my way up to High Grade models (better detail, more challenging). Currently have 15 Gundams in my collection with about 80% from the MS Gundam Wing series.

It's been 10 long years since I last built a Gundam model, so I finally decided to up the challenge and get Master Grade models (more details than High Grades and much more pose-able). Just started building my Endless Waltz 2011 redesign of Gundam Deathscythe.

AO7azU1.jpg

I like building from the feet up. (Just my preference.) Look a them lovely SinX feet. :U

RpoFLSu.jpg

Will update with more photos as I go.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 21 June 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#2 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

It's a shame RO merchandising wouldn't capitalize on these models with mado mechs.

#3 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

couldn't find deathscythe for you but found this.

mech's 175 level cap expansion skill should be buster rifle.

dot.png

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Sexy legs are sexy.

sziroVR.jpg

It's a shame RO merchandising wouldn't capitalize on these models with mado mechs.

Well, you kind of need variety in order to profit from that and there's only 1 kind of madogear in the game. <<

Edited by ZeroTigress, 21 June 2015 - 09:39 PM.

#5 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

I had a model of Deathscythe... but my father threw it away while I was at my first year in a dorm. :p_swt:

You're assembling it already? But it's a Master Grade you're supposed to file/sand all the tabs off, paint it, then top coat it first-

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

Gonna call it a night so I'm going to leave Deathscythe waist-ful. Will ZeroTigress get to the head before bed? Tune in tomorrow to see!

DHnt4Ya.jpg

I had a model of Deathscythe... but my father threw it away while I was at my first year in a dorm. :p_swt:

You're assembling it already? But it's a Master Grade you're supposed to file/sand all the tabs off, paint it, then top coat it first-

D8

I'd kill someone if a model of mine was thrown away. That's horrible!

I'm not hard-core enough to paint my models. I just like putting them together. (I sand as I go, but I'm not going to be terribly picky about it. :3 As long as it's smooth, it's good enough for me.) Besides, I have sweaty hands so I'd mess up the paint job anyhow.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 21 June 2015 - 09:41 PM.

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

I used to have a pre-made Shining Gundam and a kit Sandrock (not the Endless Waltz version)...

Now I wish I didn't spend my money on iRO so I can buy another HG kit...

#8 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

nice legs

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'm not hard-core enough to paint my models. I just like putting them together. (I sand as I go, but I'm not going to be terribly picky about it. :3 As long as it's smooth, it's good enough for me.) Besides, I have sweaty hands so I'd mess up the paint job anyhow.

This thread is majorly off topic but oddly enough you chose a topic I have a huge amount of interest in.

Its not too bad; it just takes practice. Some of my early model painting  was pretty bad but I think I got better over time. If you are really interested the model painting hobby is fairly strong in so cal. I found that Vallejo line of paints is fairly good.

I started off with WH 40k
QravLFQ.jpg

Slowly got better...

7m3m1sX.jpg
jGwHaJ3.jpg

Then switched to spaceships..
kyG3enW.jpg
s2vNVmd.jpg
W4Mz6s1.jpg

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

This thread is majorly off topic but oddly enough you chose a topic I have a huge amount of interest in.

XD

Its not too bad; it just takes practice. Some of my early model painting was pretty bad but I think I got better over time. If you are really interested the model painting hobby is fairly strong in so cal. I found that Vallejo line of paints is fairly good.

A friend of mine got me a set of weathering Gundam markers that I've yet to use since I don't paint my models. I actually just don't like painting in general. :3 Can't paint artworks that well so painting on 3D models are that much more unappealing to me.

This is why I like HG and MG models; they're detailed enough that they look good without having to paint them (unlike the no grade models).

#11 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

if the game mado looked liked a gundam id be a mech right now lol

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

XD

A friend of mine got me a set of weathering Gundam markers that I've yet to use since I don't paint my models. I actually just don't like painting in general. :3 Can't paint artworks that well so painting on 3D models are that much more unappealing to me.

This is why I like HG and MG models; they're detailed enough that they look good without having to paint them (unlike the no grade models).

I think 3d models are easier to paint because the shape of the model already provides guide lines for your brushes. When I have to freehand it; it get sloppy again (see the hazard marking on that ship's hanger doors).

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

I think 3d models are easier to paint because the shape of the model already provides guide lines for your brushes. When I have to freehand it; it get sloppy again (see the hazard marking on that ship's hanger doors).

Yeah, freehand on 3D surfaces is just too much for me. I'm fine with using the stickers that come with the models. XD

Well, I'm off to work at the happiest place on Earth. Be back in several hours to hopefully finish Deathscythe.

#14 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

Looking good.  Are you going to let Duo steal Deathscythe once you're done with it?

I was gonna show off my awesome, no grade, Wing Zero that I build a couple years ago, but I think it left for the colonies.  So, here's my awesome, poorly painted, Enterprise E

Ds12T0i.jpg

#15 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

I used to have those zero skill Gundam Wing models...they were easy to do, but didn't hold together very well. The hands never stayed on, and you couldn't really paint them(the parts that could be painted to the right colour were usually too dark of a colour to get a nice effect).

#16 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

Do you have to get the parts separately? Or does it already come with the kit-model?

Awesome build btw :no1:

Edited by HeIIraiser, 18 August 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

I used to have those zero skill Gundam Wing models...they were easy to do, but didn't hold together very well. The hands never stayed on, and you couldn't really paint them(the parts that could be painted to the right colour were usually too dark of a colour to get a nice effect).

I tried to use fabric paint on my early no grade models. << Ended up looking crappier than if I had simply left them as is. (And hence why I decided to not paint models since I would've done an even worse job with actual model paint.)

Do you have to get the parts separately? Or does it already come with the kit-model?

Awesome build btw :no1:

Thanks. Every model kit I own has all the pieces I need to build each one. I don't think they're available separately. Would be nice if they were in case I needed spare parts.

On to the next part of the build!

5AJfzqW.jpg

Are you kidding me? You expect me to paint that much detail on something that's the size of my fingernail?? HOW ABOUT NO? (Not even going to see it anyhow.)

bAYuluh.jpg

Dang, that chest gave me so many problems. >< First I misread a step, then the pieces wouldn't fit together unless I force them together. :U Took me about an hour and a half to put that part together.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 21 June 2015 - 09:45 PM.

#18 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

Might wanna stop bumping your own [or move it] thread and start something on Facebook, which is the best way to get attention.

Really, each time I see you put a piece on your desk with the really bright screen in the back, I get displeased.

Paint it already! looks kinda bland otherwise...

Just my 2 general chat cents.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

Last one for now. Guess I couldn't get to the head before bed. :3 But that just means I should be done with it by tomorrow along with some action shots.

OxpNVHK.jpg

Edited by ZeroTigress, 21 June 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#20 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:29 AM

Make it carry its head in its hand, and build a zoid liger for it to sit on.

Then you can have a headless Deathscythe terrorize the local villages, towns, or if you're brave enough, even the earth...

And of course its backstory would be that its searching for its head while terrorizing things, which it mysteriously and awkwardly doesn't realize the whole time its carrying in its hand.

Edited by Tkwan, 19 August 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

Duo is my favorite, nice choice!

#22 PantherVFS

PantherVFS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

Duo is my favorite, nice choice!

Ditto =D

Edited by PantherVFS, 19 August 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#23 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

No one asked the most important question, does it shoot lasers out of its nipples eyes?

Nice work so far, wish I had the patience for stuff like that, I get sidetracked waaay to easily. >_>

Edited by OniichanN, 19 August 2014 - 04:31 AM.

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

i build legos...

#25 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

idk why but deathscythe is the cheapest (i mean in price) in the wing series models. i liked it a lot back then but i moved on and started liking wing better. my first kit is a hyakushiki kai SD back when i was in primary school. i think i had about 5 SDs then they got buried somewhere. lol. i recently picked up gunpla again and started building kits from a wing zero MG. then i jumped to wing zero PG and i got RX-178 MKII next. i don't really paint mainly because i don't have as much free time and i sorta have a shaky hand. i can't do fine craft xD

wing zero MG

Spoiler

my wing zero PG

Spoiler

this is my rx-178 MKII

Spoiler

i like wh40k too but i like them more for their games especially DoW but not so much for their plamo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users