ZeroTigress Builds Some Mechs - Page 4 - Off Topic - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

ZeroTigress Builds Some Mechs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#76 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

Sandrock is just your average Joe who puts his pants on one leg at a time. (Meanwhile Quatre's in the c0ckpit going "hurry up and finish building him already!" 8U )

GT1hH0Z.jpg

Also Quatre best of the 5 pilots. Partly because he's the least inclined to kill things/most humble, and partly because he went kinda insane for a while, especially in the WZ and that was hilarious XD

It ain't easy having 29 older sisters and your own personal army at your beck and call.

#77 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

29 older sisters would drive me mad. 

#78 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

He came in like a- *bricked* (Quatre had enough of my silliness, it seems.)

H8Y4evQ.jpgxbuF1eR.jpg

Spoiler

And that's all for now. Will continue with the next Gundam later since I feel pretty burnt out after building Shenlong and Sandrock. x_x

Edited by ZeroTigress, 29 June 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#79 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

A teaser of what's to come.

5DxSjWT.jpg

#80 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

Little pawsies.

u5lfY1M.jpg

Each leg too SO long to make, but they look pretty cool.

Z9GBZ8X.jpg

#81 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

Where's mah head?

zWyUrN5.jpg

#82 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

All done!

ZeEP0sX.jpg

Rawr! Pew pew!

3Lphr8Y.jpg

Comparison pic with my 2011 Endless Waltz Deathscythe that I built a while ago. Shadow Fox is 1/72 scale while Deathscythe is 1/100 scale so it's not an accurate comparison since Shadow Fox is much bigger than Deathscythe in scale. Would need a Gundam at 1/72 scale for the most realistic comparison. (Unfortunately Gundams don't come in that scale.)

XB2vWLo.jpg

#83 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That one

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:45 AM

<A spectator's irrelevant talk.>

Spoiler

Edited by Rainnowx, 10 January 2016 - 05:47 AM.

#84 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

OH MY GOD THAT SHADOW FOX @__@ where did you get that kit. i've been scouring Manila for Zoids kits but i only found prime colored ones T^T 

have you seen the Barbatos Gundam kits lately? *o* i bought one (i forgot what its called) because it reminds me of Pacific Rim LOL (also that bishie pilot-- i'm starting to hate but-- hnggg) 

#85 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:15 PM

OH MY GOD THAT SHADOW FOX @__@ where did you get that kit. i've been scouring Manila for Zoids kits but i only found prime colored ones T^T

I was lucky to snag Shadow Fox on Amazon.com for about $45, which is a little higher than its retail price of $38.50. Liger Zero retails for about $49.60, but the one I found is being sold for $70. Luckily Liger Zero is one of the more popular Zoids so I'm hoping its price will drop a bit. I caved and recently bought a Blade Liger for $120 (it retailed for about $58) since I've never seen the price drop below $115 as it's a discontinued kit. :< I'm currently on the hunt for the default Geno Saurer, which retailed for $67. But because it's discontinued, a lot of vendors I found are selling it for $150+. >< Jerks.

If you want to know the retail price for the Zoids kits, check out the manufacturer's site: http://www.kotobukiy...ct-title/zoids/ They're always working on engineering kits for new Zoids, but they'll discontinue old ones if they're not selling enough. It won't say on each kit's page if they're discontinued or not, but you could find out by clicking the shopping cart button and seeing if it gets added to your cart. Zoids model kits are ridiculously hard to come by for the mere fact that the Zoids franchise as a whole is nowhere near as popular as Gundam so they're not widely sold outside of Japan. They're of similar difficulty to Master Grade Gundams, so be aware of that if you want to attempt them. They have a lot of TINY pieces, but are really detailed because of that. :U

have you seen the Barbatos Gundam kits lately? *o* i bought one (i forgot what its called) because it reminds me of Pacific Rim LOL (also that bishie pilot-- i'm starting to hate but-- hnggg)

Yeah, it does have more of a Pacific Rim feel to it than Gundam.

#86 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

Zoids model kits are ridiculously hard to come by for the mere fact that the Zoids franchise as a whole is nowhere near as popular as Gundam so they're not widely sold outside of Japan.

They had a great thing going with the first two seasons of Zoids, it's unfortunate that things quickly went south from there with Fuzors and Genesis. To this day I still consider the CG animation XEBEC used to animated the titular Zoids remains the best CG animation I've ever seen in anime.

#87 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

They had a great thing going with the first two seasons of Zoids, it's unfortunate that things quickly went south from there with Fuzors and Genesis. To this day I still consider the CG animation XEBEC used to animated the titular Zoids remains the best CG animation I've ever seen in anime.

Zoids and Zoids/Zero were good competitors to Gundam's war and tournament stories, it's a shame they didn't expand on those. The original Zoids had a lot of potential to rival Gundam. The only thing I didn't like about it was the whole organoid concept; would've preferred a super-computer kind of thing like in MSG Wing.

#88 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

For $120, I expect the box to be in near perfect condition at least, but all the pieces are there so I can't complain. Blade Liger is already hard to find as it is. Just wished they packaged it better since I did pay over $100 for the darn thing.

Yl2xPmD.jpg

#89 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:51 AM

Ah, the Attack Boosters. Used for exactly one episode and then promptly forgotten about.

Wait, what was I talking about? Something about boosters I think...

#90 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:05 AM

i found a Liger Zero last week at mall but its too far from my place ;_; box looks old but i still want. i'd love to buy from Amazon but considering with what happened to my letters thanks to our local customs, i cannot trust em with my items. (even though we use couriers--- they'll find ways to get money from your package) 

yes the 1st Zoids were the best ones *___* 

#91 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

i found a Liger Zero last week at mall but its too far from my place ;_; box looks old but i still want. i'd love to buy from Amazon but considering with what happened to my letters thanks to our local customs, i cannot trust em with my items. (even though we use couriers--- they'll find ways to get money from your package)

The only Zoids kits available in my area are the wind-up kits. I haven't found any anime vendor that sells the HMM kits at all and that's including several years of Anime Expo attendence, which is the largest anime convention in my state.

Sorry to hear online stores like Amazon isn't a viable option for you, kokeshicat. :< They're so hard to get outside of Japan that online stores are pretty much the only way to get the ones you want.

#92 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

Finally got around to building my Blade Liger and...

MuOZD1b.jpg

... Holy shindizzle...

#93 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:52 PM

This darn thing took me 2 hours to snap together. Haven't had this much trouble with a head since MG Deathscythe. 8U Ended up damaging the snout with my pliers because it just wouldn't come together. I'll just think of it as battle scars (since it was really a battle to put together).

03L1sIl.jpg

#94 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:11 AM

When I'm working on a material that's softer than the tool I need, I usually place a scrap piece of leather or canvas between them to avoid marring the surface. If this would be obstructive on smaller pieces, like what you have, you can put a rubberized coating on the jaws of your pliers.

#95 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

When I'm working on a material that's softer than the tool I need, I usually place a scrap piece of leather or canvas between them to avoid marring the surface. If this would be obstructive on smaller pieces, like what you have, you can put a rubberized coating on the jaws of your pliers.

I didn't think of that until after the damage had been done. >< I'll remember to do that from this point on.

#96 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:38 AM

Been distracted by all sorts of stuff in the past few days so I couldn't finish the torso until now.

rWzIpZZ.jpg

#97 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:44 AM

*causes further distraction*

#98 ZeroTigress