Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words. - Page 2 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Honestly though, getting a castle nowadays isn't rewarding at all. GVG is, and can be fun, but it doesn't keep a server alive. 

This here I think can also be used to point out, this is why people play iRO over a pserver. Which is why detrimental actions toward long term competition means so much.

At least to some players. I personally hate defending / attacking castles unless there's something at stake.

I pretty much have not done any pvm since the first half of 2ez (except for some GSB hunting and countless hours of potting).

Know that feel bro.

Expectation:

Reality:

#27 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Nice vid haha

#28 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

I wish people's forum accounts were linked to their in game accounts so I knew who everyone was  :rice:

^

HAHAHAHA!

Don't doubt this will come out soon...

Too bad there are players out there who have 50+ VIP accounts with 9 characters on each account; good-luck in linking all their accounts to a single one.

:no1:

Edited by HeIIraiser, 18 August 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#29 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

gm should sell mvp instead of benefiting those chinese farmers /rice

i mean hackers

#30 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

This 3pp rant is so old and unfortunately so over used in calssic woes that it isn't funny anymore, is SO EASY to tell who uses what; autopot, auto target, bots (yes, some "mayor" guilds uses bots in woe, we all know), that you just need a couple of GMs monitoring woe and maybe capturing some vids to take these guys out.

Edited by Mutoh, 18 August 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#31 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

What I don't understand is how this underground trade ring hasn't been put to a stop yet.

How hard is it to check logs of MVP cards appearing out of nowhere and checking players who have never killed a mid to high tier MVP a day in their life (i.e. Hibram, Gloom)?  If I didn't know any better, I'd say that one or multiple GMs are behind redacted. Game's broken beyond repair since the people whom we trust to manage it can't even be asked to provide insight.

This generating rare items has been going around for a while now and I have never seen/heard anyone who may be suspect of partaking in it get punished.

#conspiracytheory

#32 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

~Gets half way through Post and falls over twitching~ Too much for tiggy to read. ~Waves Xellie flag~

#33 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

What I don't understand is how this underground trade ring hasn't been put to a stop yet.

How hard is it to check logs of MVP cards appearing out of nowhere and checking players who have never killed a mid to high tier MVP a day in their life (i.e. Hibram, Gloom)?  If I didn't know any better, I'd say that one or multiple GMs are behind Naughty Website.com. Game's broken beyond repair since the people whom we trust to manage it can't even be asked to provide insight.

This generating rare items has been going around for a while now and I have never seen/heard anyone who may be suspect of partaking in it get punished.

#conspiracytheory

^

:bow:

#34 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

How hard is it to check logs of MVP cards appearing out of nowhere and checking players who have never killed a mid to high tier MVP a day in their life (i.e. Hibram, Gloom)?  If I didn't know any better, I'd say that one or multiple GMs are behind <>. Game's broken beyond repair since the people whom we trust to manage it can't even be asked to provide insight.

#conspiracytheory

i have came to conclusion that our staff are unskilled programmers. I doubt they even know how this chinese company poop those cards out.

#35 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

This 3pp rant is so old and unfortunatelly so over used in calssic woes that it isn't funny anymore, is SO EASY to tell who uses what; autopot, auto target, bots (yes, some "mayor" guilds uses bots in woe, we all know), that you just need a couple of GMs monitoring woe and maybe capturing some vids to take thes guys out.

Unfortunately the GMs dont actually know what they're looking for. They havent had the same kind of exposure to these things and have already made at least one mistake by banning someone who wasnt cheating (admittedly the week after he was banned for cheating). They need to sit down and get all these tools/cheats etc. Play the game for a week or so and figure out what they want to allow/disallow and then speak to the community about it and make sure that anything they make "legal" is available to all the players equally.

It's hard for them to get people to keep interest in such an old game and I'm pretty impressed with how big Classic is despite all the dumb things that have happened so far in its fairly short life. They've been trying fairly hard this year to cater for as many people as they can. But we're at one of those times where we had our last big content go in a couple of months ago and everyones like "well what now" every week with maintenance notes there's nothing big or major. Ice Titans which were asked for, for quite a while went in and were mostly uninteresting and worse than the ongoing Dragons event we'd had for quite some time.

They said they're working on new training grounds, which is cool but what about everyone else? How many potential players are we losing from having a fairly -_-ty start. Would we be better off trying to find people from pservers who want to scratch the itch? Encourage Renewal players to come join us if their new Trans only woe isnt that great?

#36 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

They've gotten a bit better, but I have some PMs from December 2012 that are still unread lol! It's disheartening when a PM gets overlooked or when the support staff have 0 idea on the game. They just recently fixed the problem where they would copy and paste you forms that ask for your acct name etc when the ticket already asks for it.

I'm sure Oda gets 100 PMs a day asking about why they died in Prontera, but it'd be nice to see them actually read them all.

#37 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Question: aren't those rcx in those vids?

#38 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Yes it's rcx, yes rcx is legal.

#39 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

The parts of RCX that don't auto do everything for you are legal(ie HP bars, timers, gutter lines, things that don't let you watch the game play itself).

#40 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

Classic client is old which is why it works for them if that's what you were curious about.

#41 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

Wait until Classic merges with Renewal :heh:

Eventually Classic will turn into Renewal and Renewal will turn into...

I don't know; will we ever get updates? LVL160, and those new marksmanship; etc.

#42 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

if classic merges with renewal just let me know if you want to buy some god items

#43 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

It's okay, let it all out.

You are in a safe place.

I agree with everything you said.

:)

#44 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

Classic client is old which is why it works for them if that's what you were curious about.

What I was wondering about is the OP stated the dislike of use of rcx but using it. I have nothing against anyone but if you dislike the use of something then why use it? I know its legit but I too dislike using it. And I never did. I think the only time I did was just to see what it can do but I never really used it just because I dislike any kind of third party program of any sort. Everyone should just play normally.

P.S. That being said, they should just add the monster hp bars and pet intimacy bars. It seems that's one of the reasons why people use rcx other than the lines. Instead of adding more stuff that would cause more bugs when not all of the bugs have been fixed yet.

#45 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:36 AM

I think it's not like the gms don't listen. I think it's more like, they have so much more on their plate. Imagine an example of 5 ppl trying to deal with 3k+ ppl(it's like the movie 300 lol). It's not like they can just give what everyone wants. I think they do try even tho the issues that were stated are super important. It's prolly not an easy fix. I do wish all of these issues get resolved before it's too late.

#46 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

Back in June, someone popped open the seals and headed down there with the intention to make two items at once. They had been “selling” a creation and guaranteeing multiple people that even if the god item creation had competition, they would be able to make their items. How does someone “Guarantee” such a thing?

Well let me explain. The quest was “broken”. Any time I didn’t take part apparently a second item was unable to be made. Turns out there was a really short time limit in which the npc would kick all players out after the god item was created. It’s only a few seconds.

So what happens if two players walk in after the first person creates? Why, they both send a ticket to the GM and three god items get made instead of two.

The worst part is how they have ignored any mention of this and won't acknowledge their -_- up. Classic already has way too many 2.0 god items floating around because GMs ignored the problems that were (and currently still are) happening with WoE 2.0 and it shouldn't be the same with 1.0 god items. Get rid of the stupid new quest because it was dumb to begin with (allowing multiple creations off 1 seal roll) and its even worse if more items are getting created that shouldn't be because it "bugs" and you don't want to have 1 group go unrewarded (even though this entire new system is basically based on freeloading off other people's work)

#47 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

How hard is it to check logs of MVP cards appearing out of nowhere and checking players who have never killed a mid to high tier MVP a day in their life (i.e. Hibram, Gloom)?  If I didn't know any better, I'd say that one or multiple GMs are behind redacted. Game's broken beyond repair since the people whom we trust to manage it can't even be asked to provide insight.

You are are probably right... But just wait for your  post to be deleted just like mine was.  VM11 is in on it! 

#48 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Otherwise, you are playing a game in which people who weren't even sperm at the time of it's release now run around with 100% endgame gear. 

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  ^^^ Funniest line in this thread..

[edit to add: funniest line in thread also makes me feel extremely old .. *grabs cane and shakes it at people*]

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 19 August 2014 - 04:28 AM.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

What I was wondering about is the OP stated the dislike of use of rcx but using it. I have nothing against anyone but if you dislike the use of something then why use it? I know its legit but I too dislike using it. And I never did. I think the only time I did was just to see what it can do but I never really used it just because I dislike any kind of third party program of any sort. Everyone should just play normally.

P.S. That being said, they should just add the monster hp bars and pet intimacy bars. It seems that's one of the reasons why people use rcx other than the lines. Instead of adding more stuff that would cause more bugs when not all of the bugs have been fixed yet.

Reasons I disliked RCX to begin with : It wasn't globally available to all players

Reasons I hate using RCX : It drops my FPS, causes lag.

Reasons I use RCX: For replay, to replace lost renewal features (buff timers mainly), for exp monitoring.

Do I think RCX should be legal? Technically no, but they can't stop it. So yes.

Should there be an official RCX? Hell yes.
Can they do it? Probably not.

edit: more words

I don't recall there being any "bad" posts in this thread before I left last night but there has definitely been some deletions. This honestly does not help with the players inability to express their own thoughts and issues with the game. It just compounds the situation of X is listened to more than Y. Please give deletion reasons. I know moderation is annoying and no action you take is ever correct with the posters, but transparency on moderation would help with some of the issues I expressed, rather than appearing as censorship.

Edited by Xellie, 19 August 2014 - 05:26 AM.

#50 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

That... God Item creation quest. Which has consistently bugged and almost never worked as intended (unless I was using it apparently), not being properly implemented hurt the natural competition of the server. Nobody wanted this “quest” or it’s addons. Since it’s implementation I think my group have only not been responsible for two entire seal rolls.  I’m really not sure what the purpose of that quest being put in was.

Back in June, someone popped open the seals and headed down there with the intention to make two items at once. They had been “selling” a creation and guaranteeing multiple people that even if the god item creation had competition, they would be able to make their items. How does someone “Guarantee” such a thing?

Well let me explain. The quest was “broken”. Any time I didn’t take part apparently a second item was unable to be made. Turns out there was a really short time limit in which the npc would kick all players out after the god item was created. It’s only a few seconds.

So what happens if two players walk in after the first person creates? Why, they both send a ticket to the GM and three god items get made instead of two.

The quest has been working fine, other then the minor issue of the npc not registering that the seal power has been increased. The seal quest help that was sold was not "Guaranteed", though was offered as 90% success rate, due to the competition being weak and disorganized.  The only exploit with the quest that I've notice is that people have been trying to turn in kill counts from the beta quest that was first implemented and trying to cheat the system.

Edited by TheSputnik, 19 August 2014 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users