Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words. - Page 3 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

The quest has been working fine, other then the minor issue of the npc not registering that the seal power has been increased. The seal quest help that was sold was not "Guaranteed", though was offered as 90% success rate, due to the competition being weak and disorganized.  The only exploit with the quest that I've notice is that people have been trying to turn in kill counts from the beta quest that was first implemented and trying to cheat the system.

Nice sly shot, since I was your competition. So calling BS.

Nobody to this date has used a beta kill-count. Everyone has had to hunt, as far as I know.

• Ok so Elite (you), Valk and SNL all getting items at once just meant seal power 3 wasn't announced? Doesn't this concern you that other players may have pulled the same shenanigan?
  • You got a free killcount when the seals didn't close after Kevin and I too. The GMs never fixed that either, they didn't care that their buggy quest ruined our seal control.
  • You got a "magical" seal power 2 that nobody else knew about in supposedly one turn in. It may be a coincidence.
  • You have also been able to sell/trade/change ownership of 1.0 god items when it's supposed to be disallowed.

That's not your fault, but how can we trust the staff when they are consistently allowing freebies and "oopses" to benefit the same person over and over again?

I don't want to fight with you, but I do not trust you. What I am stating here is the reflection of the GMs actions on you as a player.

I know exactly what was wrong with the NPC, it registered seal power correctly, it just flushed the room too fast. But every time I've done it... it's worked fine. Perfectly fine with no issues. Almost all of my creations were done with another player.
So why does this crap happen to you and not me?

Why does SNL deserve a meg when Valk out-competed them?

I don't want this to turn into a drama thread so I request you don't post if you can't handle the fact that the points raised here are about the GMs handling of the incidences. Perhaps you should be concerned that their actions make the whole server think you're boot-licking, but that's up to you really.
(players from Ymir may even not see this as coincidences and just pile it on to the conspiracies that made a lot of people quit from Ymir. And that bothers me a lot.to be honest. )

Given your public stance on nodelay / autopot, it would be quite nice if you could actually say something about those things. As an influential community leader type person within the community, the example you set regarding 3pp is important.

Edited by Xellie, 19 August 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#52 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

I'm pretty sure the staff tries to make the best decisions as possible from whatever situation that happens. You don't know all the information of what happened and they do. It seems like they are putting in a greater effort to help fix problems lately.

#53 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

I'm pretty sure the staff tries to make the best decisions as possible from whatever situation that happens. You don't know all the information of what happened and they do. It seems like they are putting in a greater effort to help fix problems lately.

AHAHAHA THEY NEVER FIXED MY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOD QUEST.

Yes, I ran Eyjafjallajokull along side my other leader, not realizing his killcount was beta. They didn't reward me for my hard work. It's just like Ymir where they reset Okolnir for Sentinel and not windfall. you being able to sell god items is retarded. Handing out freebies to you was retarded. Giving snl a meg was retarded.

None like that happened to my guild. We're the ones expected to do all the work so you can RMT. Please don't patronize me.

I'm done. This thread was never supposed to be about you. But you're highly involved in it. You just would rather blow this up so you can continue sending people like Test to crusade vs autopot and nodelay whilst you use classic pot and tell your guild to ndl sinxs. Making god items that shouldn't exist and trying to RMT items that are probably from the hackers.

Going out now, not going to humour your crap anymore when I get back. There's far more important things to talk about.

#54 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

Sorry, you lost some credibility when you openly emblem swapped. (really, one of the biggest names on the server and you think people don't notice? Esp with all the "mini events")

There are a lot of shady things that happen, however finger pointing is really immature, especially when you put yourself out there as a martyr, and proceed to blame both the community and the gms and take no responsibility for your own actions while simultaneously diminishing the efforts of others. Keep in mind, that your perspective is from the view of the 1% at this point, and there are alot of issues, while god items may be a problem (funny how that's after making soooo many). Just because you believe something is a non-issue, doesn't mean others do as well.

Guild Surplus Boxes kill low level/new player incomes dramatically. New players cant just farm starsand, cactus needles, fabric, whatever and still fund their new adventure when its so easy to just farm a GD/Bio3/Geffenia/Whatever and get GSB on top of exp and bypass the whole collection phase.

The market is dying from inflation, and bloated item drop rates, which further alienate new players, and even existing.

And small amounts of people control vast amounts of zeny/resources (the game wasn't meant to have drops increased this much [i.e. zeny creation from vending to npc])

These are problems that stem from altering a system that kept people playing in the first place. I know its fun to go on a tirade, and go "Holier than thou," but please check yourself.

*these are just some basic examples* but sadly these cant really be adjusted since itll just further distance new vs old players. But thats how this game always has been tbh, since there are very few soft resets(i.e. new tiers of gear making old ones obsolete/exponentially cheaper than before)

Edited by Adamage, 19 August 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#55 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hi Jason

#56 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Heh classic tirades thread.

Honestly, not surprised by anything here. It was obvious from the onset that this server was the baby of heimdallr and others that wanted to run a highly customized version of the game where their ideas became reality and they weren't on kRO's leash. That said, its not like heimdallr and company are actually good at this sort of thing. We've known that through historical anecdotal evidence.

That said, its not surprising they implemented a bunch of broken crap and don't know how to fix it. If you guys don't want this crap, fight it as it is proposed. Not after its been in a while. I played classic for a while after it was created, but quit when it started getting highly customed with utter crap like unnecesary iro made quests, a stjupid pserver like eden hacked in, and other nonsense (kafra shop ghostring first month or two lol?).

It reminds me how in one thread I quoted someone, who was saying they wished gms had more control over renewal. I quoted them and said, actually, its the opposite, that lack of freedom is what has spared renewal, thus far :). That post had a lot of green +1s.

#57 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Heh classic tirades thread.

Honestly, not surprised by anything here. It was obvious from the onset that this server was the baby of heimdallr and others that wanted to run a highly customized version of the game where their ideas became reality and they weren't on kRO's leash. That said, its not like heimdallr and company are actually good at this sort of thing. We've known that through historical anecdotal evidence.

That said, its not surprising they implemented a bunch of broken crap and don't know how to fix it. If you guys don't want this crap, fight it as it is proposed. Not after its been in a while. I played classic for a while after it was created, but quit when it started getting highly customed with utter crap like unnecesary iro made quests, a stjupid pserver like eden hacked in, and other nonsense (kafra shop ghostring first month or two lol?).

It reminds me how in one thread I quoted someone, who was saying they wished gms had more control over renewal. I quoted them and said, actually, its the opposite, that lack of freedom is what has spared renewal, thus far :). That post had a lot of green +1s.

Because they hire unskilled staff, at the very least, knows nothing about RO.

#58 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

Cannot disagree there.

#59 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

That said, its not surprising they implemented a bunch of broken crap and don't know how to fix it. 

Because they hire unskilled staff, at the very least, knows nothing about RO.

Believe it or not, it has been fixed. Whenever an issue was reported with the quest it was fixed. 

Yes, I ran Eyjafjallajokull along side my other leader, not realizing his killcount was beta. They didn't reward me for my hard work. 

I remember that; we offered to exchange his beta kill count for the real kill count and complete the kill counts for you if you gave us the set of tokens needed to get the kill count quests.

We are aware of the RMTers / dupers and are constantly suspending them/wiping them depending on their involvement. We weekly check the status of all copies of a certain card or item type and then remove/suspend those found with copies that shouldn't exist as well as do tradebacks for those who has been caught up in it but aren't guilty of the activities.

There is a very large account graveyard of those who we have suspended for being involved in this activity. We are fighting it every week but we don't make our suspensions public; though, I personally wish we could. It always is great to be able to brag about busting a certain bot rings or other groups.

I believe this thread has been mostly useful because it is more ammo for us to show to kRO that certain things like No Delay, and RMT need to be addressed development side not just publisher side.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

Sorry, you lost some credibility when you openly emblem swapped. (really, one of the biggest names on the server and you think people don't notice? Esp with all the "mini events")

[...]

I don't play the recaller. Don't project the actions of others on to my self personally.

That said, the emblem swapping rule is stupid. It was fine for years. Invisible emblem, I get that. Too much transparency? I get that too (tho it's bullcrap that people kick champs and scholars to attack us inside our stack for the same effect), but just changing emblem colours?

Who the hell cares?

Valhalla WoEs under multiple guilds and we have separate emblems for each to direct our members to the correct guild and that gets deemed as "emblem swapping" sometimes too. What happened on saturday was unfortunate but of no consequence to the actual battles happening. It was a swap to direct people to the other guild for end breaks, however, the player on the leader did not have a copy of the default Valhalla emblem set on hand.

A mistake, but really... why would it matter?

there are alot of issues, while god items may be a problem (funny how that's after making soooo many). Just because you believe something is a non-issue, doesn't mean others do as well.

You will find not only did I state this once in my OP here, but many times when the quest was put in that multiple god items are a problem and that Valhalla as a whole has been against the reduction of the seal quest numbers to fight against god item devaluation and saturation.

From.

Day.

One.

And I still believe it and the fact that my guild WoE'd with 10 megs in the past week or so just validates my thought process from all those months ago. Thanks.

Edited by Xellie, 19 August 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#61 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

lol interesting

#62 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Believe it or not, it has been fixed. Whenever an issue was reported with the quest it was fixed. 

I remember that; we offered to exchange his beta kill count for the real kill count and complete the kill counts for you if you gave us the set of tokens needed to get the kill count quests.

We are aware of the RMTers / dupers and are constantly suspending them/wiping them depending on their involvement. We weekly check the status of all copies of a certain card or item type and then remove/suspend those found with copies that shouldn't exist as well as do tradebacks for those who has been caught up in it but aren't guilty of the activities.

There is a very large account graveyard of those who we have suspended for being involved in this activity. We are fighting it every week but we don't make our suspensions public; though, I personally wish we could. It always is great to be able to brag about busting a certain bot rings or other groups.

I believe this thread has been mostly useful because it is more ammo for us to show to kRO that certain things like No Delay, and RMT need to be addressed development side not just publisher side.

camp, i wasnt referring to the god item quest, but the bigger problem which i pm'd u a while ago. That one isnt fixed.

Edited by thatfool, 19 August 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#63 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

In Renewal,

It's like how we found out that Loki's Realm had a GM (I won't say the name) playing in their guild and nothing happened.
That GM only hid all of his characters on ROPD so that the information stay secret from the rest of us.

People use various types of bugs, cheats and glitches in WoE and no action is taken about these incidents.

So, I feel you, Xellie, I feel you...

Edited by MegaEdge, 19 August 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

daily I struggle with the fact that the community cries more about emblems than nodelay, rmt or autopot.

well actually they come to my spot in game and justify those things. Kinda stupid but w/e.

#65 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

In Renewal,

It's like how we found out that Loki's Realm had a GM (I won't say the name) playing in their guild and nothing happened.
That GM only hid all of his characters on ROPD so that the information stay secret from the rest of us.

People use various types of bugs, cheats and glitches in WoE and no action is taken about these incidents.

Quote so this post will forever be saved in my post history.

#66 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

In Renewal,

You should really get together with certain other posters in this thread and possibly opt in for a group CT scan.

I'm not really going to get too off topic here, but no matter how anyone here feels about Xellie, you can't deny her being right here.

Not sure why people should get shots at uncontested and free God items without putting in the effort to make them.

This whole seal power thing is a wonky nightmare that has been in need of a change since the first time that it bugged out.

#67 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

In Renewal,

So that if Oda was messaged about this a couple months back.

Certain items can only be restored by GM command in game as a security precaution. Due to this sometimes a member of the GM team has to transfer a character to and from a GM account in order to create and do the restoration. They SHOULD be only doing this in GM secured areas but apparently they used one of the town storages and were seen by the ROPD bot and added to the list.

#68 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Can a GM please explain to the entire community on why Emblem Switching is witchcraft? If it's a different emblem that isn't blank I do not understand. What factors does the banning GM look for and why?

The reason why I ask is because I don't think it's something to be banned over, at all.

Sorry I had to edit like five times because I know I was being way too le dramatic~

Edited by Jenna, 19 August 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#69 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

camp, i wasnt referring to the god item quest, but the bigger problem which i pm'd u a while ago. That one isnt fixed.

Yeah were still waiting on kRO for that while doing everything we can on our end to fight it. Its getting to the point where we might need to escalate. 

#70 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Can a GM please explain to the entire community on why Emblem Switching is witchcraft? If it's a different emblem that isn't blank I do not understand. What factors does the banning GM look for and why?

The reason why I ask is because I don't think it's something to be banned over, at all. That time seeing if that horrible-awful-uptonogood guild leader should be spent on the botters, no?

At the risk of starting a bunch of poop flinging. We really dont care that much, but it's something that's obvious and "against the rules" so as soon as Valhalla does it we can point it out then everyone freaks out because its so minor compared to everything else going on.

It *is* annoying as heck though, it's very hard to spot someone with no emblem recalling in your stack and even if a guilds emblemless for a short period it can really be hard to tell things apart. Not everyone knows how to force emblems etc. So it's another one of those problems some people have workarounds for while everyone else has to suffer.

VVVVV l o l

Edited by Themes, 19 August 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#71 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Can a GM please explain to the entire community on why Emblem Switching is witchcraft and the worst kind of offense to the community? If it's a different emblem that isn't blank I do not understand.

These are the things where I am confused on who gets banned and who doesn't -- this case by case basis. What factors does the banning GM look for?

I should also edit:

The reason why I ask is because I don't think it's something to be banned over, at all. That time seeing if that horrible-awful-uptonogood guild leader should be spent on the botters, no?

When you emblem switch you have a minute where no emblem appears above your head. This allows you to kind of be off the radar and maybe sneak through to get a break/recall when you wouldn't have been able to without abuse of game mechanics.

As for getting banned, today I found out the GM team wasn't doing any suspensions for emblem switching at all for the last 6 months despite several reports of some very clear cut abuse. Is was very unfair to the vast majority of the guilds who weren't abusing it. The GM team's manager is explaining to them that they do need to enforce the rules and take action. We were planning to announce it in the maintenance thread, put it in the announcement message rotation, update the patcher, post it on the forums, and on the website letting everyone know that going forward it will be enforced.

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Stop playing on a toaster

#73 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

Thank you Campitor for the answer!

#74 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

Stop playing on a toaster

JpL4owp.jpg
My Cylon x500 computer is perfectly fine for playing Ragnarok Online.

Source: http://i.imgur.com/JpL4owp.jpg randomly found on imgur

#75 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

You guys need to globally announce for all servers that you're cracking down on this crap then actually secretly watch woes and ban. Every woe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users