The Great Leveling Game! (Round 1 Registration is Closed) - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

The Great Leveling Game! (Round 1 Registration is Closed)

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#26 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Question: Can we use Kafra shop stuff, like FAWs? I was going to use a priest, but I probably won't be able to keep up. So I chose one that I can work with alone, as well: knight.

screenChaos062.jpg

#27 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

you would be breaking one of ramen's 10 commandments

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Can we use the overlook Water Dungeon?

#29 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Can we use the overlook Water Dungeon?

that's a good question.  what about mercs?  also good luck surviving waterball down there :P

#30 Suprgal8

Suprgal8

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

screenChaos001_zps442f78fe.jpg

And so it begins. I'm actually pretty excited for this. She'll soon be a strong knight...hopefully.

Edited by Suprgal8, 19 August 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#31 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Overlook is a big no.

You can use mercs, but only the ones that you can acquire in game, so none of the level 10 merc scrolls you buy from the boxes.

As for the FAW, if you manage to earn enough zeny to buy one from another player between level 1 and 99, feel free.  What's against the rules is to borrow anything from any of your other accounts.  You've got to play this character like it's your very first character on a brand new server.  That's the point.

And as was already pointed out, please don't use the Kafra Shop.

Oh, also, yes it's fine to use Ragial, irowiki, or the database.

Edited by Ramen, 19 August 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#32 Suprgal8

Suprgal8

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

Question. If we wanted to vend things, do we have to make a merchant using the same rules?

#33 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

My first character was a wizard (now WL), so this time I'm gonna aim for sage. tumblr_nal29rZSIK1r16h7qo1_1280.jpg "Hmm, where am I?"

#34 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

Question. If we wanted to vend things, do we have to make a merchant using the same rules?

Yeah, I have the same question. I have a load of stuff, but I don't want to mix them up in storage, so I'm thinking of emptying my merchant on a seperate account to keep things straight. But while that stuff is on him, can he sell some of it?

I'm collecting stuff so I can be able to make food and get stuff ready for my platinum skills. Also, thinking of asking random blacksmiths to make weapons so I don't have to buy them. And I already NPC'd so many grasshopper legs that could have been used for food. >_<

#35 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Oh, I understand storage can be a problem, so you can use a merchant character for storage if you need to, but you cannot use that character to vend anything.  I know that's probably kind of tough, but I'd like to keep this to a one character thing.  No alts allowed except for the storage exception just mentioned.

If you want to vend things, I recommend chats, or checking buy shops.  Or you can ask anyone if they could vend the stuff for you.  While I'm not leveling, I'd be more than happy to vend for any of the participants, and I will keep very good track of sales.

#36 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Oh, I understand storage can be a problem, so you can use a merchant character for storage if you need to, but you cannot use that character to vend anything.  I know that's probably kind of tough, but I'd like to keep this to a one character thing.  No alts allowed except for the storage exception just mentioned.

If you want to vend things, I recommend chats, or checking buy shops.  Or you can ask anyone if they could vend the stuff for you.  While I'm not leveling, I'd be more than happy to vend for any of the participants, and I will keep very good track of sales.

...that would make things tough. It makes this a...true challenge. I think this is going to be my favorite character yet, even though I've never been into the knight class. +1 and 5 stars for the thread!

#37 Lalo93

Lalo93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Very interesting game i'm gonna join you guys Nickname will be Sadore and i probably be a Blacksmith (i had this name on another character that was a lv 55merch but deleted it cause i didn't have room on my account haha)

ok so see you guys ingame! screenChaos066_zps9dfd8503.jpg

Edit: When you register in Eden Group they give you butterfly wings and i don't know what else, can i use those items? (except for the manuals i already know they are "illegal")

Edited by Lalo93, 23 August 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#38 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

It'd probably be less tempting for you if you didn't join eden group at all.  The basically give you Kafra Shop stuff up front (Scrolls, Yellow Wings, etc) which I feel like it would be better if you didn't use.

#39 RandomBypasser

RandomBypasser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Will there be anyone interested in making Acolyte/Priest? If there is someone who is interested, I'd stop leveling for awhile (and wait for them to reach level 10 or so) so we can party together (for easier leveling).

--- Edit:

If anyone is interested in making support acolyte, let me know soon please >_<

Spoiler

Edited by RandomBypasser, 19 August 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#40 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I have a level 1 character named His Tongue In The Rain just chilling on one of my character slots. I don't know what class it will be but I will start leveling it today.

VIP character but I guess I won't use any VIP NPC. Won't join Eden either. I will also capture everything on replay just because I feel that I would love this char....if I ever make it to 99 without Eden.  :heh:

edit: I am now a Thief!

Edited by Rotine, 19 August 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#41 RandomBypasser

RandomBypasser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Anyways, I am currently standby around Payon Dungeon (still investigating the mindless people and undeads; they might be related as they are everywhere in Payon). If you meet me, I can give you a pair of Goggles; bought severals from Hugel. Quite good, Def 5. Only for those committed to this challenge, and while stocks last!

#42 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

I got pawned by a wanderer north of geffen. I will stop at level 10 for now. Will resume when I wake up. Also, I got a chonchon card!!!  :heh:

Edited by Rotine, 19 August 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#43 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

^I don't think clearing dbs using alts would cause any problem Still stuck in Payon forest to gather some money for staff. Evading all dem DBs.

#44 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

They DBed the forest... AGAIN?

Geez. Building the first million is tough, eh.

#45 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

lol, the sad thing is.  For the most part, if you just fly wing or teleport the instant you get on the map, you're likely to not run into many of the DBs.  So many bots come through the portal that the monsters pretty much always stay right at the entrance.

#46 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

It's pretty quiet here in the forest, I guess the dbs are still there at the entrances. Thankfully, they haven't reached the upper area.

#47 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

Good times...

screenChaos066.jpg

#48 Silviana23

Silviana23

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

Good times indeed...

Edited by Silviana23, 20 August 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#49 RandomBypasser

RandomBypasser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:10 AM

People I have met:

HeronMarked BladeMaster : met at the dungeon, and realized we are on the same fate.

Tea Brewery: met while watching the mindless people spawned in front of Payon only to walk to their repeatable demise at Strawberry Farm: I thought he was one of them.

Slania: met while kill-stealing her mobs; I apologized and she was fine, then realized one-another.

I am planning to level with Slania at dungeon, maybe around 1 hour from now.

--Edit: correcting names

Edited by RandomBypasser, 20 August 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#50 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

Quick question....

I am not sure if this is allowed but... am I allowed to join to this fun challenging event you are having by using an old level 5 novice char?

This challenge that you have made, gave me the reason to play my novice char in a challenge mode!!! :D

And I want to join! :D

Other details of that level 5 character...

-It's an untouched char (kind of) from my last year's vip service and I am just wondering if I can use him.

-Has not yet touched or signed-up in eden (not planning too for the sake of the challenge!!! .....)

-Has a ghost costume that I used from last year's halloween event :3 (Used it to get the costumes that costume!)

-and for some reason he is in al de baran... :ani_swt3:

Can I join using that char? :D

P.S. If I'm allowed, do I have to post a screen shot too on the izlude ship in here as well? (Even though he's level 5 and not 1?)

Thanks in advance! Would be looking forward on playing! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users