The Great Leveling Game! (Round 1 Registration is Closed) - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

The Great Leveling Game! (Round 1 Registration is Closed)

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#51 PinkOnFire

PinkOnFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEating Cookies
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

qxnp6p.jpg

Meet Evensong, future priest.

Edited by PinkOnFire, 20 August 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#52 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:17 AM

Players should use the party booking if ever they'd party up so others can join.  :heh:

#53 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

Players should use the party booking if ever they'd party up so others can join.  :heh:

let's start to promote this awesome feature

after maintenance

#54 kijanta

kijanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

So, end of day two. Without VIP, I reached level 33/34. I found a Zombie card which is stuck in a pair of Sandals now; bought a Damascus and had a lot of fun leveling around Payon together with Shion.

13yqx42.jpg

#55 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

Shion seems to be finding everyone. xD

#56 RandomBypasser

RandomBypasser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

@Slania: Nice screenshot and thanks for the party XD !

I forgot the party booking feature....

Anyways time to rest a bit; will continue playing few hours after maintenance. Currently hit 40ish; I hope I can slow down a bit, especially to wait for the acolyte and blacksmith-wannabe (or any of the 'non-aggressive-combat' jobs) until they are into my level range. After this I am planning to hunt on the poring land (need those bottles and apples for my pet's food).

@belld:

No waay I still failed to find the others; the Sage, the Blacksmith, the Priest, the Lady Knight, the Bassist, (and another thief?) ... and maybe some others that I have forgotten..

Edited by RandomBypasser, 20 August 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#57 Suprgal8

Suprgal8

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

I only managed to level my knight up to 11 last night but will continue the leveling today. Anybody up for it after maintenance?

#58 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

I only managed to level my knight up to 11 last night but will continue the leveling today. Anybody up for it after maintenance?

I am, but you have a ways before we can share exp. It would be a good chance for me to slow down and make some zeny, though. We should find that priest-to-be...

#59 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

Managed to get to level 22 and some money, if the maintenance only take about 3 hours I might continue again otherwise I'm gonna sleep first. I'm still in Payon atm.

#60 Suprgal8

Suprgal8

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

I am, but you have a ways before we can share exp. It would be a good chance for me to slow down and make some zeny, though. We should find that priest-to-be...

Yeah I was planning on staying around spores for awhile to grab some straws. (I've never been so excited over 2k from straws...) Definitely need to find the priest and help them level up some.

#61 Lalo93

Lalo93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

hello~

i got my merch to blevel 20 before i fell asleep (not sure about the job level) and got a spore and wormtail card so i am feeling lucky, will continue after maintenance.

Haven't found anyone yet >< and probably stay a little longer at spores since they still give me around ~1%

#62 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

Oh, I understand storage can be a problem, so you can use a merchant character for storage if you need to, but you cannot use that character to vend anything.  I know that's probably kind of tough, but I'd like to keep this to a one character thing.  No alts allowed except for the storage exception just mentioned.

If you want to vend things, I recommend chats, or checking buy shops.  Or you can ask anyone if they could vend the stuff for you.  While I'm not leveling, I'd be more than happy to vend for any of the participants, and I will keep very good track of sales.

RE: The purple line: Technically with this rule you'd be able to ask yourself if you can vend for you ;)  

Quick question....

I am not sure if this is allowed but... am I allowed to join to this fun challenging event you are having by using an old level 5 novice char?

This challenge that you have made, gave me the reason to play my novice char in a challenge mode!!! :D

And I want to join! :D

Other details of that level 5 character...

-It's an untouched char (kind of) from my last year's vip service and I am just wondering if I can use him.

-Has not yet touched or signed-up in eden (not planning too for the sake of the challenge!!! .....)

-Has a ghost costume that I used from last year's halloween event :3 (Used it to get the costumes that costume!)

-and for some reason he is in al de baran... :ani_swt3:

Can I join using that char? :D

P.S. If I'm allowed, do I have to post a screen shot too on the izlude ship in here as well? (Even though he's level 5 and not 1?)

Thanks in advance! Would be looking forward on playing! :D

I'd like to know this as well, I have a novice that was made, when the GMs allowed vip accounts to make more than 6 characters on an account.

I'd love to tag along with this levelling game, but would like to use my main account and the second storage feature that comes with vip (to keep things seperated from my main account's stuff).

#63 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Quick question....

I am not sure if this is allowed but... am I allowed to join to this fun challenging event you are having by using an old level 5 novice char?

This challenge that you have made, gave me the reason to play my novice char in a challenge mode!!! :D

And I want to join! :D

Other details of that level 5 character...

-It's an untouched char (kind of) from my last year's vip service and I am just wondering if I can use him.

-Has not yet touched or signed-up in eden (not planning too for the sake of the challenge!!! .....)

-Has a ghost costume that I used from last year's halloween event :3 (Used it to get the costumes that costume!)

-and for some reason he is in al de baran... :ani_swt3:

Can I join using that char? :D

P.S. If I'm allowed, do I have to post a screen shot too on the izlude ship in here as well? (Even though he's level 5 and not 1?)

Thanks in advance! Would be looking forward on playing! :D

As long as you're still a novice it should be perfectly fine.

#64 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

RE: The purple line: Technically with this rule you'd be able to ask yourself if you can vend for you ;)

Please don't do it. If you do that, you'll be tempted to do other "minor cheats" like get VIP buffs and stuff. This is supposed to be about having fun the old school way, as if your a brand new player with just this one character. It's actually quite fun... more fun than running around TI, doing Eden quests, and making solo leveling a priority. Leveling is a priority, but you actually have to stop and make money so you can afford gear so you can keep going, and joining parties will help you level faster. In fact, even though I'm level 33, I'm going to stop and make some money while lower-level, new people joining this challenge catch up to us, so I can party with them and we all can level together.

Doing stuff like selling to you alts will only tempt you to do more "minor cheats" like using the VIP buffs, using your main to help level, using bounty boards, etc. And this will only cheapen the experience... Besides, if you sell to yourself, who's to say you won't "agree" to have your merchant pay 10 mil for 5 strawberries? After that, what's the point of hunting? No need to worry about getting ori/elu to upgrade your gear, no need to worry about having to AFFORD gear, no need to worry about pots, etc. This is supposed to be a challenge...

BTW, everyone participating, if you want to party, use the booking system. I'll check for it when I get back from the doctor's and join y'all. :D

#65 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

This is really a lovely idea and sounds like a lot of fun. I may have to try this after maintenance if my guildies aren't up to something. Also, once folks are out of spores being good experience, I tend to take my nooblets to do Bigfoots as they are decent experience for quite some time. Non-aggro and lots of them. Good luck guys.

Oh, also what about using the Shadow Gears that were just implemented with Maintenance. I mean anyone can kill the bugs that drop them, they look like giant thief bugs and take 1 damage with each hit. This can be used on any class and any level, it is account bound?

Edited by rockymom, 20 August 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#66 Raitini

Raitini

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hello! Is it too late to join the game  :hmm:

Just saw this thread and sounded amusing   :rice:
EDIT1:

Spoiler

Edited by Raitini, 20 August 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#67 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Oh yeah, I would also like to join. I am currently a level 6 thief, her name is maskros. I expect to be somewhere in Payon by later tonight or tomorrow. I am in a time zone 9 hours ahead of the server if anyone will be looking to party.

#68 Kersya

Kersya

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Hey

This look like fun, think ima join XD

Not quite sure what i'll make yet, probably a priest or hunter (looks like you guys need healers so that could be a good idea)

Name: Zaraash

Class: I'll figure that out later, dont have much time to play now anyway

Server: Renewal

Too bad i cant wear my Noah hat, the damn academy hat is soooo ugly, oh well as long as my eyes dont bleed XD28jxib.jpg

Edited by Kersya, 20 August 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#69 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Oh, I hadn't thought about it, but I guess Shadow Gears will be okay to use since they're obtainable in game without having to spend Kafra Points or things like that.  If you can kill the bugs and get the gear, more power to you.  However, if you plan to upgrade them, no Safe certs, no Enriched or HD ores.

#70 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Thanks Ramen. BTW, Bubble Keychain found me and we partied a bit. Seems we both live in Sweden too :D

#71 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

If you can kill the bugs and get the gear, more power to you.  However, if you plan to upgrade them, no Safe certs, no Enriched or HD ores.

they're easy to kill. I've completed the set.   :heh:

Edited by Rotine, 20 August 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#72 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Currently at level 23. Stayed at geffen till level 20. Managed to loot around 500 stems but can't find any buy shop yet in prontera/geffen. Also got 2 four leaf clovers. Sold 1 at NPC for 40k and keeping one coz I might make a bunny band if I can find a kitty band.

I also met a newbie archer in geffen. He was looking for dungeon teleport to payon cave. Seems like he used to play on a private server where "you can teleport to anywhere". Partied with him for a bit in rocker field and payon cave before my connection started acting up and I decided to call it a day. Dude kept getting one-shot by familiars but was cool with all his deaths. I'd probably give him something if he ever manages to become a ranger. Maybe a WW set so he can be a good KSer...  :heh:

#73 Kersya

Kersya

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Decided to make a priest, only lvl 5 atm though lol.

Btw can we use the kafra/vip teleport to go to town or do we have to walk ?

#74 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Decided to make a priest, only lvl 5 atm though lol.

Btw can we use the kafra/vip teleport to go to town or do we have to walk ?

Kafra warp is fine. So is eden group warper.

Can we get this topic pinned by the way?

Moving on up! :D

screenChaos098_zps17564674.jpg

Edited by Ramen, 20 August 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#75 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

Heron was just came back from outside and the world went black.

Spike's 29/30 now. He wanted to be that musician kind of thing (He doesn't even know how musics are in that world) once he hit xx/40. He doesn't really like the fact the he have to use bow.

"It sucks and only got one string for every note!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users