Error when trying to install the dragon saga and when trying to start - Dragon Saga - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Error when trying to install the dragon saga and when trying to start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spoinex

Spoinex

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

Good morning, I download the game yesterday and when trying to install I get an error that says: An error occurred while Applying security settings. User is not valid user or group. This Could Be a Problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network .Check your network connection and click "Retry" or "Cancel" to end the install. I've checked my network and good, also disable the windows firewall and antivirus. as they came in rar file decompressed it all and all the files are there then opened the patch and update the game but when I start I get an error that says:Not found The procedure entry point @ 4 _AIL_stream_sample_handle library mss32.dll dynamic links, I thought I was missing that dll so download it but the problem persists.  

Well, I have those 2 problems .. if you help me fix at least 1 .. so that I can enter the game as I thank you.

Nothing more to say, thank you for your time and I thank you for an answer

#2 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:56 AM

No worries, there is help on the way.  :ok:

You just got the "user is not a valid group"/ "An error occured while applying security settings"  error, which is common. The original Warpportal DragonSaga Installer does not work on non English Windows versions. And this results in getting that particular errors.

Use this fixed installer instead:

http://forums.warppo...-2#entry1804397

Just simply do what Yuri told already another user. Use his fixed installer and all will be fine. You find it in the linked thread. No worries, it is completely save, add free and virus free. Over 2600 different downloads so far and many people on here used it and keep using it to install DragonSaga.

Just download the file and start it. From this point it will do all by it's own, including download and installing (you just have to tell it the folder where you want it to be installed to). It's easy.

After downloading and installing you'll have a 100% original DragonSaga, because Yuri just fixed the original installer so it can be installed on every Windows system.

And it is pinned by the DragonSaga CM directly in the Dragon Saga International Section of the forum. (just scroll down to the bottom of the forum and you'll find the area). 

----------

If I'm right just doing this ^ helps to solve both of you errors.  :ok:

(BTW the same information is pinned right on top of the "page" you just wrote your text in.....)

#3 Spoinex

Spoinex

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Thank you very much, sorry for not looking this error that had already solved. I can already start playing *. * thank you very much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users