• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 hacs07

hacs07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

Which build is more effective with the new boots that came out? . Aspd or AS? . . Planning to build a PVM mostly MVP ranger . . Thankyou

#2 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

ASPD/ autowarg

#3 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

Well, taking into consideration that the main feature of the new boots (Temporal Boots) is the proc activation of its 3rd slot enchant, ASPD/Warg ranger is the better choice.

Using Arrow Storm to MVP is better with the WW set. 

#4 hacs07

hacs07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

What enchant is the best for aspd then? LuK enchant? . . I kind of have no idea about the new boots yet. And would you guys be able to specify what other gears should i use with it? And maybe best stats to go with it.. thanks guys for quick replys

#5 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

Yes, LUK enchant is the best. Actually, there's already an ongoing discussion about the temp boots for rangers. You can check it out here.

As for your other gears, you will want to obtain 193 ASPD if possible. Also, white wing set will be broken if you use temp boots, so the only WW gear that I feel worth keeping is only the WW Suit.

Some other high end gears that you may want to consider are:

- Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo (get 2 if you can afford it)

- +9 FAW with ASPD enchants

- +10 Small Poring Band or +11 Red Isabella Ears

- Pegasus Ear Wings

- Costume: Tarnished Lamp (for +10 Luk)

Or... if you don't mind getting 193 aspd only through procs, then +7 Drooping Alicel will suffice.

#6 hacs07

hacs07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Lots of help bro. . =) . . How about the bow? Do i use elven? Or BXB?

#7 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

For rich guys out there, +14 BM Elven Bow or +x Doppelganger Elven Bow?

How much really is +10% ASPD?

And also, is it possible to reach max ASPD with 99-120 base AGI and foods/items/buffs?

Edited by Trance3D2Y, 20 August 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#8 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hmm... Why not be both aspd/warger & arrow storm? I don't see anything wrong with that.

#9 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

well, an ASPD ranger easly can be a good AS, but its harder for an AS be an ASPD

#10 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

For rich guys out there, +14 BM Elven Bow or +x Doppelganger Elven Bow?

How much really is +10% ASPD?

And also, is it possible to reach max ASPD with 99-120 base AGI and foods/items/buffs?

I haven't tested it myself, but I think 193 aspd is possible with 1 agi, if you have doppelganger card.

There are 2 ways to achieve max aspd, that is by stacking agi from both stats and gears, or by stacking aspd% (or attack delay %) purely from your gears.

100% aspd results in 0 delay between your attacks, resulting in the max aspd possible.

So all you need to do is stack up aspd% from your gears until you obtain 100%. There's a thread in the thief class section about obtaining 193 aspd for GX.

This is what I think can be done for rangers:

Acc1&2: Bako Tattoo x2: 20%
Garment: +9 FAW AD3/3/3: 24%
Weapon: doppel card: 10%
Shoes: +9 temp agi boots AD4: 19%
Upper headgear: +10 SPB: 6% + 1 aspd
Mid headgear: pegasus ear wings: 3% (at lv150)
Total aspd% = 82%.

Use celermine (10%) and that brings it to 92% attack delay reduction. Add +1 aspd from small poring band, and that should boost your aspd to 193.

Note that I haven't tested these gears yet. Something to do with its 3.5B price tag, excluding 2B for the mvp card, and only 20M on my char atm. XD

Edited by DeadIntern, 20 August 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#11 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Why would you want to have 1 Agi and lose all your flee? I guess most people don't really care about flee...

#12 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Well, when it comes to MVP, I found that flee doesn't really help much. MVP will have enough HIT rate to hit me, and people usually die from MVP skills anyway. Even if you manage to gather enough flee more than the MVP's HIT rate, its mobs will significantly reduce your flee.

The 120 AGI that is normally invested by ASPD rangers will be more useful in other stats like VIT, INT (MDEF), LUK, DEX.. 

In any case, I'm merely suggesting the possibility of a 193 ASPD / 1 AGI ranger. It doesn't have to be 1 AGI.

Edited by DeadIntern, 20 August 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#13 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

Thanks man, I do understand now how ASPD% works based on your explanation.

Does Celermine stack with Concentration/Awakening/Berserk? I do know that Concentration/Awakes/Berserk don't stack with each other. And what other foods reduce ASPD delay / increase ASPD?

#14 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

TRAPPER BABY! yea yea yea

#15 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

Thanks man, I do understand now how ASPD% works based on your explanation.

Does Celermine stack with Concentration/Awakening/Berserk? I do know that Concentration/Awakes/Berserk don't stack with each other. And what other foods reduce ASPD delay / increase ASPD?

Not really stacking per se since it's not an aspd potion, celermine counts as equip aspd (just like bako tat and the other % attack delay gear). Guarana candy will give you +7 agi which may help.

#16 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

well, an ASPD ranger easly can be a good AS, but its harder for an AS be an ASPD

Not really. my ranger can attain 193 ASPD AND do good damage with AS. Here's a screenie of my AS, but maybe I'll edit it later showing the AS dmg as well my 193 ASPD. 

U5LRquO.jpg

That's 200K AS damage and 193 aspd between the delay.

Edited by devaiah, 20 August 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#17 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

Not really stacking per se since it's not an aspd potion, celermine counts as equip aspd (just like bako tat and the other % attack delay gear). Guarana candy will give you +7 agi which may help.

Wew, thanks man. So Celermine, Guarana Candy, Awakes work together. Anything else that is accessible, if not cheap, ones?

#18 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

Consumables? Only agi food comes to mind, dex also increases your aspd but it's almost negligible.

Cheap equips for aspd? That would depend on your definition of cheap. Temp agi boots (a few mil I think, rather buy temporal crystals and make them yourself if you don't run the old gh instance, cheaper that way. You can farm the gh instance for coag spells if you wanna enchant them), bradium brooch (get it from a quest), glorious ring (you can exchange eden badges for kvm badges), you already have the sniper goggles if you do the ranger test.

I mean, some of those aren't really the best of the best equips but you gotta start somewhere and they're easy to aquire, right?

Edited by OniichanN, 20 August 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#19 Dalx

Dalx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

if you want to MVP just make genetic so muchhhh better

#20 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

I meant consumables. Thanks!

#21 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:35 AM

Other than awake, celermine, and guarana, other consumables that you can consider are Drosera Herb Stew (+20 AGI for 5 min @~200K each) or AGI food that you can currently obtain from Hero's Trail (http://irowiki.org/wiki/Cooking#AGI).

#22 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

Well, when it comes to MVP, I found that flee doesn't really help much. MVP will have enough HIT rate to hit me, and people usually die from MVP skills anyway. Even if you manage to gather enough flee more than the MVP's HIT rate, its mobs will significantly reduce your flee.

The 120 AGI that is normally invested by ASPD rangers will be more useful in other stats like VIT, INT (MDEF), LUK, DEX..

In any case, I'm merely suggesting the possibility of a 193 ASPD / 1 AGI ranger. It doesn't have to be 1 AGI.

That is the problem. If you are getting hit after investing in it, you are most likely doing it wrong.

#23 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

That is the problem. If you are getting hit after investing in it, you are most likely doing it wrong.

Oh, hm.. Can you give some idea why I'm still getting hit? I'm afraid I might have missed something and am not aware about it.

I'm using the usual WW Set with 120 AGI. My flee now is ~450-460. Do I need higher flee or?

Edited by DeadIntern, 21 August 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#24 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

What is hitting you? It's pretty strange cause if you do have 120 Agi then you should be able to dodge most of the things. The flee you listed is the flee that you would get if you wear a plain wwset with no enchants, no increase agi, and no consumable buffs. You should have more than that if you get buffed and use consumables. Wwset also procs +30 flee.

With that much Agi you should be able to reach 500 or more flee. You can test it from dodging Hells judgement from corruption mvp in gh instance 1st floor.

Edited by Memoir, 21 August 2014 - 01:50 AM.

#25 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

What is hitting you? It's pretty strange cause if you do have 120 Agi then you should be able to dodge most of the things. The flee you listed is the flee that you would get if you wear a plain wwset with no enchants, no increase agi, and no consumable buffs. You should have more than that if you get buffed and use consumables. Wwset also procs +30 flee.

Yeah, I am usually able to dodge decent normal mobs like in TIs. But when it comes to MVP-ing, like dracula / orc lord / atroce, they will have 4-5 slaves that would bring my flee down by ... 40%?

So either I have to hit lock the MVP to avoid getting hit by it, or I'll have to AS the mobs before auto-attacking the MVP (thus allowing the MVP to come close and punch me in the face with magnum break ._.). Then again, these are low level MVPs, so I can imagine higher level MVPs will have higher HIT rate. 

Edited by DeadIntern, 21 August 2014 - 02:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users