In the light of the new DNA: Hunter/Rangers Skills and DNA - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

In the light of the new DNA: Hunter/Rangers Skills and DNA

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

First i want to said that the penalty in the Strengthened Poison Bomb Firing looks excessive.

Strengthened Poison Bomb Firing

Increase (Short/Long Range) Physical Attack 23~113
Decrease (Short/Long Range) Physical Defense -182~-904

But should be

Increase (Short/Long Range) Physical Attack 23~113
Decrease (Short/Long Range) Physical Defense -91~-226

Reply the values of the skill: that would be enough penalty.

The Range Problem

One of the biggest reasons why this class is Oped in pvp is because their range extention skills, and the lack of penlaty for use them (i know that one of their range buffs make them move slower but dont look like is enough, over all because they alredy must stand still to shoot).

The suggestion here, to make them a little less powerful in pvp but dont hurt them in pve, would be to give them some penalty for use at least one of those buffs.

Maybe the best would be focus in the Fixed Firing skill, and add an acc penalty for use it: meaning that a big range the shooter have less chance to hit. I think is the most appropiate penalty, and would be the one that hurt them less. A fair amount would be in the lines of 5%~25% acc penalty, depending on the skill lvl.

Other people said that the penalty should be less crit rate or even less speed but maybe would be too much.

The Skills

In compensation for the acc lost and knowing that the class dont use many attack skills because their auto attack is enough, the suggestion would be one of two.

1st Idea:

Since the Fixed Firing skill would be getting a penalty, they could add a few skill extention to this buff and to the Range Extension skill too. This way, this 2 buffs would not only add range to the auto attacks but also to specific skills, not all but a few.

2nd Idea:

Instead of add those specific skills affected by the range extention buffs, they could add them a range extention dna that increase the distance at wich those can be casted.

The skills that could be modified in one of this two ideas could be: Diversionary Firing (if is DNA, for Ranger only), Smoke Shell Firing (if is DNA, for Ranger only), Shock Firing, Bombing and/or High-Angle Firing.

If is was made with a DNA (2nd Idea) it wouldnt be that OPed because they would need to spend DNA points in that instead of spend them in something else. And if it was done with following the "1st idea" then the penalties of those buffs would be enough to dont make them more oped than they are. If it was done with the "1st idea" they could add to the range extention buffs, an skill success penalty when the player cast those attack skills using dose buffs.

Edited by Nadesh, 10 November 2010 - 02:46 PM.

#2 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

well, lets start off with the statement that rangers and your elf bretheren are a joke class that needed a nerf. let's just get that out of the way. to that extent, that's what you got with poison bomb firing, though it's sad they chose to nerf this partyable damage buff instead of some other selfbuff you elves have.

also, it's not disproportionately penalizing to your defense in my opinion. here's why. how many attacks do you think a ranger typically gets off for each attack he receives? 4:1? 10:1? 20:1?

8:1 doesn't seem too unreasonable.

party on.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Well, you said it, its mainly because is a target buff that could help in other things than only pvp. In raids isnt a big issue, because they just must stay away from the tank and there isnt a big problem, but at grind, it wont be that great to use it.

But if someone want to see it in another way, it also could be abused, because a ranger could use it to debuff a mage and then pk it or debuff it to make the mobs kill it.

I think that they could find other skills to add penalties, for example the range extention skills.

Edited by Nadesh, 10 November 2010 - 02:23 PM.

#4 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Yeah I agree with Nadesh, I think that is a good way to nerf them in Battelfields without make them weak in PVE

#5 HouYi

HouYi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:57 PM

there is Spiritual Intensification buff u long range def.

stop picking on rangers and their range buffs again and again.

if u suggest to add an acc penalty , add it to SR as well.

Edited by HouYi, 10 November 2010 - 04:03 PM.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:44 AM

Maybe because you dont need to grind or you dont need to grind alone, but this buff with dna will be useless for Rangers at grind. There isnt always a Protector around, and we know that is one of the classes that reject the others. Sorry, but i dont believe that a 20% acc penalty is too much: Rangers can get over 10k acc, and 20% penalty would make it have 8k, do you think that they will miss that often with that? And a % at low lvls means even less: if the player have 5kk acc, the penalty would be 1kk acc.

#7 HouYi

HouYi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:51 AM

Maybe because you dont need to grind or you dont need to grind alone, but this buff with dna will be useless for Rangers at grind.

i am not concerned about this dna cuz i can grind with or without it.

There isnt always a Protector around

not always?..may be not....lol....

Sorry, but i dont believe that a 20% acc penalty is too much: Rangers can get over 10k acc,

are u sure most of the rangers can get over 10k acc lol?

and 20% penalty would make it have 8k, do you think that they will miss that often with that?

are u sure again? lol

PS: give 20% acc penalty on heals as well, casters/protecter dont deserve to have 100% success rate on their heals.
PS2: make urself a 75+ ranger, see if u can make it op.

Edited by HouYi, 11 November 2010 - 06:05 AM.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:37 AM

I dont need to do anything, and when you tell that you give me the reason, if isnt that easy to make them oped, then they need that extra dmg, wich means that they will end hurted with that penalty.

And if they dont reach so high lvls of acc, then with more reason, the penalty wouldnt be that great: with 1k acc, the penalty would be 200, with 2k, it would be 400, and so on. And knowing that there are mob pots that give more than 1k acc, it wouldnt be hard to make it up for the acc lost.

#9 HouYi

HouYi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

"I dont need to do anything", and when you tell that you give me the reason, if isnt that easy to make them oped, then they need that extra dmg, wich means that they will end hurted with that penalty.

so dont spill something from ur mind without testing.

And if they dont reach so high lvls of acc, then with more reason, the penalty wouldnt be that great: with 1k acc, the penalty would be 200, with 2k, it would be 400, and so on. And knowing that there are mob pots that give more than 1k acc, it wouldnt be hard to make it up for the acc lost.

yup, this apply on heals as well.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

I said what i want when i want, dont need your permission.

I only need to hear the comments of others that play the class to know if something is wrong, and you are only one and in oposition they are more. So, i would hear a ranger that spend lots of money in its char or i will hear the averange ones? mmm, i think that inst hard to know the answer.

#11 TmzOS

TmzOS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

wtf is that dna? O.o'

Edited by TmzOS, 12 November 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:50 AM

Wich dna?

Btw, i was so wrong about the acc!!! my lvl 79 ranger frind only have 9500!!! sorry for my mistake!!! yes, i need to make a lvl 79 ranger to know that they have 500 acc less!!!! plz, dont jk, rangers are a basic class, with this i dont mean easy but basic. The only class that one cant give good suggestions unless you have one is Druids, the rest are easy stuff.

Now, lets said that the 20% acc penalty is applied to a ranger, that usually will have between 5k and 10k of acc: that means that the penalty will go between 1k and 2k acc, wich is nothing. The battleground seller that sell special pvp hp/mp and other buffs, sell an acc buff that give 1700, wich would cover the penalty in most cases.

Now, talking about grind, my friend said that he would like to have a little more defense.

Here is a suggestion:

Shootgun:

An activation/deactivation buff that dont stack with the range extention ones. It gives 46~226 dmg bonus and increase the defense in 182~452 but decrease the attack speed in -0.1~-0.5.

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

wrong thread

Edited by Nadesh, 24 November 2010 - 01:52 AM.

#14 Blediam

Blediam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

Is kinda depressive to see rangers crying for less accuracy buff when the reality of evasion/accuracy don't affect at all the experience in game, like i said before and if the things going on like now the only good balance they can do is to NERF the dmg of rangers.

here is.

Ranger
Lets see the reality, rangers are the best killers in game, every time i see the score on battlefields
they are always on first places so they need to get a fix.
Distance fix.
the only thing that will change here will be the damage made from the distance.
1-30 meters 100% of maximum damage
30-35 meters 90% of maximum damage
35-40 meters 70% of maximum damage
40-45 meters 50% of maximum damage
45-50 meters 30% of maximum damage

and yea about the main topic the debuff of that buff is kinda silly because i dont think that can affect them really in game when most of the stuff rangers kill it die in mid way.

#15 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

Yes, decrease the dmg would be another posibility, but should be less than that. And in any case, it would maybe be a too high penalty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users