Are there any other maps like pay_fild08? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Are there any other maps like pay_fild08?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 holydemoniclight

holydemoniclight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Perth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

I'm not a very focused player, and I often go afk for minutes at a time when playing, so pay_fild08 was a great place to level up; no aggressives, bounty board quests and high spawn rates (although the bots were annoying), so I could just buy a mercenary and afk the bounty board quests.

I'm going to be changing into a priest soon enough, and I've realized the exp from the payon bounty board quests are become smaller. I don't know when it's going to become negligent, so I'm thinking of moving to a map with higher level mobs for the exp.

Are there any maps like this, or should I stay in pay_fild08 until I can do the TIs?

Edited by holydemoniclight, 22 August 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Unfortunately, the ratio of aggressive monsters increases the higher level you go. And you have to level on monsters that are within 15 levels of you or else you'll be hit with EXP penalties. I'd recommend trying to join/start parties once you're too high for low level maps or join an active guild that will help you out with your leveling. Soloing is possible on a Priest, but it will be tough.

Once you get to 70, you should party up with people and try out the Juno Bounty Board.

#3 holydemoniclight

holydemoniclight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

Well, I intend to make as much use of a the mercenary system as possible, until I can do the TIs. So, there are less non-aggro maps as I go higher? Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:04 AM

Never used the mercenary on higher(?) levels so dunno if it will help but:

1) You can try greatest generals (those are immobile but aggresive, lvl 55). And I'll buy the authorative badges which they drop from you if you decide to pick them up :>

2) Geographers (immobile but aggresive so don't get close to them, there's a map with only them and goats. Goats are also passive, tho they help each other so you could get overrun by them. Geos are lvl 73 and goats are 80).

Those should take you to the TI range (you can combine the grind with bounty boards which will speed things up). That should take you to TI range. Tho like I said, no idea how the regular merc will fare vs those mobs. If he gets killed quickly no point trying I guess. :s

You could also try the merc vs groves (lvl 55, passive and looter). Drop an item to gather them and let your merc go wild. Lots of bots on that map tho. :x They give spotlight xp but hush hush about that :3

#5 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

Back then I do SouthPront->Rocker->SporesAtPayon->AntHell->Groves until I reach lvl 56, then do Maneater board quest.

#6 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Goats are also passive, tho they help each other so you could get overrun by them.

article-2357672-1AB1CFDE000005DC-609_634

#7 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Dat smile on her face... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#8 holydemoniclight

holydemoniclight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:49 AM

I finally got into the TI range by using Archer merc grade 6 and doing the pay_dun03 mob bounty quests. Thanks for all the info :D

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

if your priest is FS you can just support your mercenary.  heals are reduced by 50% though but I don't think mercenary flee is affected by number of mobs.

If you're VIP you should check out overlook dungeon before you level past 85; the kill quests give a substantial amount of exp and you get a card of your choice from the dungeon mobs at the end of the chain.

#10 holydemoniclight

holydemoniclight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

The problem is that is hard to target the mercenary; it always switches to mobs or players before settling on a mercenary. I'm not VIP.

#11 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

i don't have any issues supporting my mercenary even when it's surrounded by mobs.  do you have noshift on?  if it is disabled, you should never accidentally heal a monster over someone/something you're trying to support.

#12 holydemoniclight

holydemoniclight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

It's just hard to target it. Since I downloaded the new client, there is an lock-on system, and that defaults to the mobs surrounding the mercenary. I'll try to disable it, if I can find it. Thanks :)

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

that might be a "snap to" feature that you should be able to disable.  also like i said, if you turn off no-shift, normally beneficial spells like heal/blessing will not be cast on enemies even if you try to target them with it

#14 Ralts1

Ralts1

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

I just got back to playing RO too. Started about a month ago so I'm still a noob.

I know there are better ways to level out there but this worked for me so far.

Here's my own leveling guide I used for my chars:

1-XX     Criatura until job lvl 10 then change to first job

XX-14   Spores/Wormtail - pay_fild08 for spores but there's always too many people there so I prefer wormtail at pay_fild06. If you want to make money though just stick with spores for strawberries

14-34   Bigfoot at pay_fild07 - make sure to collect all bear's footskin and animal footskin for later. Also get the bounty board quests for bigfoot starting at lvl 20. You can also go to anthell but good luck getting a kill from AFKemists.

34-41   Elder Willow at pay_fild09 - do bounty board for this too. DB's for money at the same time.

41-61   Remember the bear's footskin and animal skin that you collected? Now is the time to use that, do item collecting eden board quest over and over again until you use up all your loots. Once you run out of footskins/skins, do the bounty board for greatest generals at pay_fild10. Only loot you can make money with here would be the authoritative badges when sold to players.

61-71  You can stay at greatest general or go to yuno_fild08 and hunt grand pecos. Also hunt goats starting at lvl 65. Loots are decent when OCed with a merch.

71-85  You can now take yuno bounty board quests AND eden hunting quest which have you hunting for the same monsters so double the payoff. Yuno bounty boards have you hunting grand pecos, harpy, sleeper, goat for 150 each while eden quest would be for the same monsters for 20 each. So a good way to go about this would be to get both quests, hunt the monsters, once you get 20 each collect reward for eden then repeat the eden quest. So you would be doing about 6-8 eden quests before you can complete a bounty board quest. You can do the eden quest until 85 and the bounty board until 100 but there would be better places to get exp after 85. yuno_fild08 for grand pecos, yuno_fild07 for goats, yuno_fild03 for harpies, yuno_fild02 for sleepers.

85-92  I go to turtle dungeon here since less aggro than other maps of same level range. Loots are decent with OC. Another option would be siromas at ice_dun01, beware of gazetis.  remember to pick up corresponding eden quests.

92-95  Desert wolves at ra_fild01. You can easily get mobbed here though since so few players go here. ra_fild08 would be a less aggro alternative for anacondaqs, some hillwinds and roweens. there's a couple eden quests here too.

95-99  Magmarings at ve_fild03. Non-aggro and biggest exp for this level range afaik.

rebirth then repeat all over again. lol

that's my guide for pre-3rd job lvling. I still dont have one for 3rd job lvling cause I dont have a third job yet. :D

I dont feel like grinding for exp so I make a different char when I get bored :)

I managed to make a lvl 97 LK, 96 Stalker, 93 Sniper, 93 HP, and 89 MS all by following this.

Also, to the experienced/veteran players out there, I'd like to know what you think about this. Any better alternatives? What things to change?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users