A rant on KP items; thoughts on refine transfer - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A rant on KP items; thoughts on refine transfer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

First off let me say that I am not a KP spender, I have only ever spent $20 to get a military band costume which I thought looked pretty awesome, but I've never spent KP to further my character. In this post I actually want to defend people who choose to spend KP because I feel like every item being added to the shop is nothing more than a scam.  It is true that people who spend KP do get an inherent advantage over those who don't, but it's not impossible for non-spenders to match their character strengths through zeny farming and smart AH buying. It's a case of what do you have more of on your hands; time or money. And I'm totally okay with people who don't have much time and want to "P2W" (this game is not even close to P2W).

But the problem is that the game isn't pay to win for spenders, it's pay to RNG (P2RNG).I actually feel really bad for the spenders -- RNG on drops is fine and dandy for an MMORPG and is to be expected, but to spend real money on items and not get what you want feels like scamming to me. Rune elixirs, refinement system, honing items, card protection stones, phantom stones and the recent refinement transfer items are all P2RNG and the user who buys them isn't guaranteed to get what they paid for, it's like ordering a shirt online only for it to be delivered to you two sizes too small. Random costume and mount boxes are fine, these are just cosmetics, but when it comes to actually paying to improve your character and not getting it something feels wrong. What I am trying to say is if WP actually makes some of their KP items guaranteed to get what you want, you will see a hell of a lot more sales (heck, I might buy some stuff too) -- people don't want to buy for a chance at something, they want to buy to get something.

The recent refinement transfer ticket is sort of what got me angry about this enough to make post, because it's probably one of the biggest jokes in the KP shop yet. Okay, so refining gears and then leaving them behind in the dust / selling them on AH kind of sucks because you have to refine new gear all over again, and this ticket addresses that. It's a good idea, but executed terribly.

-There could be a loss of 0 to 5 in Refine rate after the transfer.

LOL. So not only are people spending a hefty 800KP for one transfer, they're also going to get screwed over by luck, forced to refine back up to +20 and it might just fail and go straight back down to +10, leaving all of their money in WP's pockets. I really have no words for this. I would also suggest you guys increase the level difference gap to 10 levels because we are being given so many new armor sets lately I am not sure if I even want to bother with Cazar since there are already talks from VCRs that we are receiving new gear in the not-too-distant-future. People are so unsure of where to spend their infinium that they are sitting on osiris/himmelmez gear (this is a lot of people), and they will be forced to refine transfer to a set of Cazar (this is very very hard to get), then transfer again to the next set for a whopping 1600KP per item -- this is simply far too much. If you made this KP item 500KP, no chance to randomly lose refinement levels per transfer (I mean jesus our old gear is getting destroyed too) and work for 10 levels difference, a hell of a lot more people would buy it and you would make overall much more money.

These are just my 2 cents, interested to hear other thoughts on the matter. Do any KP spenders actually think the non-cosmetic RNG shop items are justified right now?

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 24 August 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#2 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

I went to intern at LG in Korea last summer and my assessment is that Korean companies don't like foreigners telling them how to run their company lol.

As long as sales are steady, they probably wouldn't touch upon anything in the Kafra Shop. But since they are having sales every week I assume that they know what is up. ;x

#3 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

i do agree refine transfer is a joke and something i would never buy

also my life rng is generally bad so yeah i try to gamble as little as possible

#4 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Refinement? Enhancer elixir? No thanks if i want RNG I'll buy a lottery ticket.

#5 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Well this is how Kafra Shop works ever since. You pay them for you to get a CHANCE of getting what you want which means you can end up getting nothing. The house always wins.
This system is utterly disgusting and is pretty much a SCAM. I do get it when drops on bosses are RNG but also in the cashshop? Hahaha.
But as we have right now, a lot are still buying on the Kafra shop and they make money off it so im pretty sure this wont change since its working as intended for them. They dont care about service or good reviews, they only want the $$$.
This has been clear like a year ago when they dont fix crap and just throw more -_- for people to use their credit cards on.

Adios!

#6 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

I'll be sending this feedback over to the Devs.

We've been looking into improvements to the Shop. While nothing is guaranteed, it's good to have these conversations so we know what the players are thinking.

#7 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

i do think if everything you want can be "selected" then that is too P2W focus, random mechanism in most of the mmorpg, is to create some rare and exclusive items to "satisfy" certain players, and those certain players are certain to spend alot of money in pursue of exclusive/rare items.

#8 xShiroyashax

xShiroyashax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

or tehy could just change some bits, like munil box for costmes, make costumes separate in box and sell for a lot more depending on costume or put less costumes in the box, atm i wouldnt spend 6k kp for 10 costume boxes - that would be stupid, but spending like 1-2k for a guaranteed specific costume isnt a big deal, like in laods of other mmorpgs, and then can keep a cheaper timed versions of same costumes there

or increase everyones luck lol

#9 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Well I just took a plunge in the randomness of the KP shop for the second time and I came away from it as disappointed as I'd have hoped. I have some bone dragon wings which I really like and wanted to 3 slot them. All four attempts with both appear+rune maintain resulted in the same 1 slot wings (not even 2 slot). Sorry WP but I won't ever be buying from the KP shop again unless you address these issues, I throw some money at you guys but it goes down to the drain and I get nothing in return -- this is the kind of stuff that makes players like me have a grudge against the KP shop and never buy from it again. If people bought stuff from the KP shop and actually got results you would have people who are more trusting to pay money rather than putting their foot down and saying "never again".

I'll be sending this feedback over to the Devs.

We've been looking into improvements to the Shop. While nothing is guaranteed, it's good to have these conversations so we know what the players are thinking.

I appreciate this but I can almost guarantee myself that we won't see a change unless WP is directly responsible for KP sales and not Gravity. They're a korean company and this is how most of them function: if they're getting money, they don't care about how shafted some people might be getting, just that they're getting money. They seem to fail to understand that creating trust and confidence in a buyer results in a returning customer and generally a larger amount of money flowing into their pockets. I almost feel like if you fail 5+ times on fusing something you should be entitled to getting what you were aiming for, but no, it's £20 down the drain.

At least refine transfer might not be hopeless if it's able to be changed mechanically.

#10 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

like someone said, it's not the random costume/accs boxes that we mind, that is ok it's only aesthetics, but this silly rng for refine and fusion is what's unfair

for the boxes even if you don't get the costume you want, you still get somethin, but my stuff went to +10 from +19 (and all other possible values) so many times i don't even wanna think how much i spent on infis and powders. same for fusion where i never got more than 1 slot after several attemps.. 

#11 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

I really think we should have a redic high coupon trade in for the rare costumes. SOMETHING to make this worth while. (RO1 brownie points?)  I now have like 20 palm trees, instead of flooding the market, let me trade them in for something! Its killing  KILLED the economy. 

Edited by magpi, 27 August 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#12 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

I totally agree on this one....

Edited by donthackme2, 08 October 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#13 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:07 PM

I bought a transfer stone right after they came out.  I didn't realize it would be RNG based.  Why I didn't think it would be I don't know, afterall everything else is.  So I lost a +20 Himmel bow because it's destroyed in the transfer.  Countless dollars lost there.  The transfer ticket set the new cazar bow at +18.  So I thought yay only 2 to go right?  This is good news for a person who has the worst refine luck ever.  I was wrong, I refined it ONCE with lucky/infinium and it went back to +10.  Seriously I could have thrown the money right out of my window and had a more enjoyable time watching it float away on the breeze.  BIGGEST RIPOFF GIMMICK EVER.  I would never NEVER EVER buy another one.  But I also refuse to spend real money on refining anymore.  If we get stuff from an event, fine I will try.  Other than that...no way.  There is just flat out too much RNG in this game and they need to learn that people are often more willing to open the proverbial purse strings when they get a guarantee over a chance.  Because games of chance wear thin after a while.

#14 kramyaj

kramyaj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

i do think if everything you want can be "selected" then that is too P2W focus, random mechanism in most of the mmorpg, is to create some rare and exclusive items to "satisfy" certain players, and those certain players are certain to spend alot of money in pursue of exclusive/rare items.

+1

What you said is true.. This is the way to balance the community.. Players having fun and keeps the thrill when you successfully make +20 or be devastated and curse WP when it fall back to +10.. haha..

Refine transfer.. There's no problem with that.. It's just like ro2 ask you *hey want me to show you a cheat? I can transfer your refine in another equip.. Although there might be a consiquence".. Still want to try?? Ofcourse yes !! Cheating is bad.. If it will make me stronger than the other.. Why not.. haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users