Poll: PvP League - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Poll: PvP League

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: PvP League (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested in participating in a PvP League (a weekly PvP event)?

1. Yes (13 votes [68.42%])

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

2. No (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

How do you feel about the basic rules described in the post below?

1. Strongly Agree - These rules are perfect. (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Agree - I mostly agree with these rules, but I think changes could be made (describe what changes you would make to the rules in a reply to this post, please). (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. No Opinion - It doesn't matter to me. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Disagree - I mostly disagree with these rules, and I think changes could be made (describe what changes you would make to the rules in a reply to this post, please). (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

5. Strongly Disagree - These rules won't work at all (explain what rules you would suggest in a reply to this post, please). (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Greetings, Dragon Saga community!

Since the recent PvP Tournament seemed to generate a considerable amount of interest, and I have always greatly enjoyed PvP in Dragon Saga/Dragonica, I've been wondering if it would be possible to start a new weekly event to keep the ball rolling.

That's where you come in. Please vote in the poll above to show your interest or lack of interest in participating in a weekly PvP event and your thoughts on the basic rules proposed below. This is just a preliminary poll to measure the community's interest and get some feedback.

The way I'm imagining it, there would be four simple, basic rules:

1. 5v5 team matches: All matches would be timed, elimination-style matches between two teams of five players each. No consumable item use allowed.

2. Naked, level 20 weapon: All players on all teams must participate with no gear (normal or cash) equipped other than a level 20 weapon.

3. No skill restrictions: There are no skill restrictions whatsoever. Use whatever skills you like.

4. One player per class per team: Each team would only be allowed to have one member of each specific class. In other words, a team could have a priest and a sorcerer, but could not have two priests or two sorcerors. The idea is to promote teamwork and diversity rather than relying completely on one-trick ponies.

PLEASE NOTE: This would not be an official WP event. I'm simply a longtime player who enjoys PvP and wishes that the PvP community would liven up a bit so I could have a reason to play this game again. Also, if there is enough interest to start hosting a weekly event, I'll likely be seeking at least one or two other responsible players to join me in managing it.

Thanks!

~Rim

Edited by Rimmy, 25 August 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

I clicked Agree to the rules. However there is specific reasons for tournament bannings on certain skills.

Some combinations can be downright inescapable with naked characters. Like a combination of Magnet with Blizzard or Telsa. It can lockdown players with relative ease. Or use of skills that could nuke players like Sniping.

Then there's issues like the Shootdown bug (Which didn't seem to bother anyone during World Tourney)

Also I'm unsure but Level 25 weapons can still kill quite fast (I'm not sure how it is with Handicap on or off as a difference.)

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

I understand your concerns about the balance issues for those types of AoEs, Sam. But at the same time, I feel like there are enough skill combos out there that almost any team could have a signature chain combo that could devastate careless opponents.

Likewise, part of the fun of team PvP is learning to watch for and develop an effective counter for those dangers, or learn how to break out of them or avoid them altogether. For instance, regarding magnet, specifically, Twin Fighters' Weave, Invokers' Emergency Exit, the Burrow skill, etc. Honestly, magnet is a pretty easy skill to predict, too, especially when each team can only have one priest character. If teams are smart and don't huddle together in one big mob, it is far less effective since the teammates who weren't caught can assist in protecting those who were.

Again, the intent is to encourage true team play and strategy, in which teammates can cover for each others' weaknesses.

#4 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Neat Idea :ok:

#5 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

Hi Rim!

It has been a while since i've seen you play. One of the concern we might encounter is that there is not many guild that pvps or there is not enough members to pvp (for 5vs5). Other rules seem to be doable.

There is an increase number of players this past few months and WP has been really good on selling "old" items that otherwise almost impossible to get. I am also thankful for the enchanting events they have been doing.

Clark

Edited by oClark, 28 August 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#6 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Hmm, well I'm open to lowering the number of players to 4 or 3 per team if necessary. Perhaps we could do that for the first few months until there's greater interest and then go back to 5v5 once more people are involved -- assuming the interest grows.

#7 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

I agree there should be a higher emphasis in pvp for dragonsaga but as sam stated some skills need to be banned.
I'd rather have a weekly set class mold so players dont go for the usual class combos and end up with a bunch of the same type of matches.
Dragonsaga is not an e sport like league and isnt subject to get balance patches.

#8 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

Hmm, that's an interesting idea, to require certain classes and switch it up each week. The only problem would be if most folks want to stick with one or two classes they're good with. Maybe we could have certain weeks be "special event" weeks with certain classes required or certain special rules.

On a side note, I could probably provide some incentive to participate each week with a (small) IM reward... Perhaps each member of the winning team gets a few insurance scrolls or a dye or gacha or something.

Since there seems to be limited interest for now, I'm thinking we'll do teams of 2 or 3 for the first few weeks and then increase team size if it attracts more players.

#9 Pyroh

Pyroh

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'm currently in the process of downloading this game right now. I'm not sure what the PvP is like, but I'm usually a PvP kinda guy and would love to participate in this one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users