11 replies to this topic

#1 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

I know that the usual path for gears ia desert scorpion->menace->desert storm->joser->osiris->himmelmez->cazar.

However, there are also other gear sets. I know that for ML 21 there's old ashkaron and basilisk and that they together can be crafted into ashkaron (ML 25 instead of 21, interestingly).

I also heard something about "mustafa" and "witch" but don't really know how they fit.

I'm assuming that visually old ashkaron, basilisk and ashkaron all look the same just varying their colors, just like the previous sets, is it like that?

How do other gears fit into the scheme, both in progression and specially in looks?

Are there any more sets that I'm unaware of?

I'm stressing this: my interest is purely cosmetic. I know that 21-25 gear is useless and I don't care. However, I do want to get some version of all these sets just to see how they look.

#2 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

let me have a list for you (base on my memory, may miss out something):

Master Level Gear
Rank D
ML1 Cream, Dayr Desert - drop/npc.
ML1 Green, Desert Scorpion - drop.
ML1 Blue, Menace - craft.

Rank C
ML11 Cream, Pilanium - drop/npc.
ML11 Green, Desert Storm - drop.
ML11 Blue, Joser - craft.
ML20 Purple, Osiris - craft.

Rank B
ML21 Cream, Old Ashkaron - drop/npc.
ML21 Green, Basilisk - drop.
ML21 Blue, Witch - drop.
ML25 Blue, Ashkaron - craft.
ML30 Blue, Mustafa - drop.
ML27 Purple, Lich - drop.
ML30 Purple, Himmelmez - craft.
ML30 Purple, Cazar - drop.

about the outfit, i have no idea. probably you can make it a fun thing to get them all.  :p_smile:

#3 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

Blue and purple drops? Ow, that sounds like a massive headache!

And that "witch" embeded between basilisk and ashkaron... now I'll have to get all basilisk, witch and ashkaron to compare! As well as lich and mustafa as they seem like they would be completely different!

And by now I mean eventually.

#4 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

At least for my Beastmaster, visually:

Osiris = Old Ashkaron = Basilisk = Witch.
*Ashkaron (Blue) I haven't made yet, but I assume it's the same model. All recoloured slightly.

Lich is visually similar to Himmelmez I believe.

Mustafa appears to be visually similar to Cazar (Based off of the weapon I got).

#5 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Really? That saves a lot of work (although it would be nice to check colors).
I wouldn't trust the weapon much though, considering how it has been working for ML.

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Well with Mustafa and Cazar I haven't collected any of the pieces yet, but I'm told from others that have that they are the same, so it shouldn't be too far off.
If you're interested in colours, you'll be happy to know that Lich, Himmelmez, Cazar (and probably Mustafa) tops and bottoms can be dyed. Awkward thing is that the Gloves/Hats/Shoes can't be dyed, though that's typical of all dyeable gear.

#7 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Gloves, hat and shoes must match!

I don't trust this here dye system anyways. There's a lot of RNG involved, right? And the lowest grade dyes will give you garish colors. I've seen one too many costumes ruined by dyes.

#8 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

Well with the normal dye yes, lots of RNG. However some costumes work better with normal Dye colours in my opinion. With Premium Dye there's legitimate ways of getting 2 of your 5 zones to have same colour. And then there are frowned upon ways to get the exact colour you want, always. 

#9 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

Well with the normal dye yes, lots of RNG. However some costumes work better with normal Dye colours in my opinion. With Premium Dye there's legitimate ways of getting 2 of your 5 zones to have same colour. And then there are frowned upon ways to get the exact colour you want, always. 

It's popular wisdom in my country that robbing a thief is a good thing! So I won't frown upon always getting the color you want, as it SHOULD be.

Edited by Nereida, 28 August 2014 - 12:14 AM.

#10 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

It's popular wisdom in my country that robbing a thief is a good thing! So I won't frown upon always getting the color you want, as it SHOULD be.

You might want to give it more thought before crossing over to the dark side. Once you've landed your feet over there, you'll never see the light side in its previous form ever again and thus forever trapped in a crossroad between light and dark that's better known as the Gray Zone. 

Felt judged, ego rubbed are the examples for the downside of having both sides' benefits under one place. A big personality is a must, to restraint yourself from succumbing to your own guilt and doubt, or else you'll be overwhelmed, and slowing but surely be devoured by zone itself.

Is your everlasting chase for cuteness enough to prompt that kind of big move? It's akin to a one way ticket to candyland without adult surveillance for a 6 years old. Rethink wisely milady.

#11 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:37 AM

You might want to give it more thought before crossing over to the dark side. Once you've landed your feet over there, you'll never see the light side in its previous form ever again and thus forever trapped in a crossroad between light and dark that's better known as the Gray Zone. 

Felt judged, ego rubbed are the examples for the downside of having both sides' benefits under one place. A big personality is a must, to restraint yourself from succumbing to your own guilt and doubt, or else you'll be overwhelmed, and slowing but surely be devoured by zone itself.

Is your everlasting chase for cuteness enough to prompt that kind of big move? It's akin to a one way ticket to candyland without adult surveillance for a 6 years old. Rethink wisely milady.

Cute is justice. As long as I have cute by my side, I have justice. As long as I have justice, the demons of arrogance and guilt shall not fall upon me.

The road ahead might be a tricky one, but no amount of haze and winding can  mislead justice. I shall see it through to the end.

But we ought not to speak of such matters here and now, for the true scammers might be vigilant and take measures a tad too early.

Besides I'm fine with noire films so I should be able to stand gray.

#12 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:34 AM

Cute is justice. As long as I have cute by my side, I have justice. As long as I have justice, the demons of arrogance and guilt shall not fall upon me.

The road ahead might be a tricky one, but no amount of haze and winding can  mislead justice. I shall see it through to the end.

But we ought not to speak of such matters here and now, for the true scammers might be vigilant and take measures a tad too early.

Besides I'm fine with noire films so I should be able to stand gray.

Wise decision. Now would you excuse me? I need to fold the red carpet back, cancel the dinner party, and ask the musician to leave. I was supposed to welcome someone new to town but instead receive a rain check.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users