New Shadow Equipment - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Shadow Equipment

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

The information on RO's website, in regards to both, the equipment, & the Refine Equipment, are not only confusing, but really not clear.

For instance it says "The Shadow Blacksmith in Eden Group and Prontera is here with a special upgrading event. For the next 2 weeks, she will be giving a second attempt if ANY refine fails.". How can you get a 2nd attempt, if a refine fails, & the item breaks? That doesn't make sense & I'm sure it's not true.

One the items description it says "when refiend over +7". Now I don't know if anyone has been able to confirm this or not, but it's not consistant with existing items, that say "+7 or higher". So do they really have to be "+8 or higher" to get these effects. It's not easy to see things like this, when they are percentages, since they don't change stats.

Then they say "when total Refinement is over 23". Not only is this totally new but it's very vague. Does this work if you just make all 6 items +4?

Regardless of anything else this is really OP'd considering these are "Special Equipment" (newly named in place of costumes). This also pretty much makes all costumes, other than upper headgear, obsolete.

I really think Oda, and/or Camp, need to clarify some of this.

Edited by Razzez, 28 August 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#2 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Then they say "when total Refinement is over 23". Not only is this totally new but it's very vague. Does this work if you just make all 6 items +4?

Regardless of anything else this is really OP'd considering these are "Special Equipment" (newly named in place of costumes). This also pretty much makes all costumes, other than upper headgear, obsolete.

1.- "when total Refinement is over 23"  this only apply whit 3 gears Physycal pendant, Earring and weapon or Magical Pendant, Earring and weapon, so you need 2 gears +8 and 1 gear +7 to get bonus, armor, shield and shoes are other thing.

2.- No, dont make headgears obsolete, still are OP like lamp or full moon.

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

I was under the impression that over 23 meant you must have at least +24 in order to gain the benefits (i.e. each piece +8).  Can anyone confirm?

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

For instance it says "The Shadow Blacksmith in Eden Group and Prontera is here with a special upgrading event. For the next 2 weeks, she will be giving a second attempt if ANY refine fails.". How can you get a 2nd attempt, if a refine fails, & the item breaks? That doesn't make sense & I'm sure it's not true.

When you use the event npc she will tell you what rolls she succeeds at (attempt 1 or attempt 2) if she failed she failed on both rolls.

One the items description it says "when refiend over +7". Now I don't know if anyone has been able to confirm this or not, but it's not consistant with existing items, that say "+7 or higher". So do they really have to be "+8 or higher" to get these effects. It's not easy to see things like this, when they are percentages, since they don't change stats.

The equipment has to be at the + stated looking at the gear it is checking for > 6.

Then they say "when total Refinement is over 23". Not only is this totally new but it's very vague. Does this work if you just make all 6 items +4?

Looking at those sets it is checking for > 22 the wording needs to be fixed.

#5 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

For instance it says "The Shadow Blacksmith in Eden Group and Prontera is here with a special upgrading event. For the next 2 weeks, she will be giving a second attempt if ANY refine fails.". How can you get a 2nd attempt, if a refine fails, & the item breaks? That doesn't make sense & I'm sure it's not true.

When you use the event npc she will tell you what rolls she succeeds at (attempt 1 or attempt 2) if she failed she failed on both rolls.

One the items description it says "when refiend over +7". Now I don't know if anyone has been able to confirm this or not, but it's not consistant with existing items, that say "+7 or higher". So do they really have to be "+8 or higher" to get these effects. It's not easy to see things like this, when they are percentages, since they don't change stats.

The equipment has to be at the + stated looking at the gear it is checking for > 6.

Then they say "when total Refinement is over 23". Not only is this totally new but it's very vague. Does this work if you just make all 6 items +4?

Camp thanks for reply & clarifying some of this. I hope you don't mind me asking this but please don't use that white. Not only is it blinding but it makes it hard to read. I know you copy & paste things a lot & just forget to use the eraser ;)

Are you saying I an correct in thinking you guys actually meant the gears only need to be +7 OR higher & not above +7? I think that's what you meant by your answer.

Okay so it the set stats need to be at least +22 total does that include all items or just the ones AmonRA mentioned?

AmonRA, I wasn't saying "TO" make headears obsolete. I was saying this makes everything other than "UPPER" headgear obsolete. The Full Moon is great & other ones are nice to wear when you aren't playing.

Edited by Razzez, 28 August 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Camp thanks for reply & clarifying some of this. I hope you don't mind me asking this but please don't use that white. Not only is it blinding but it makes it hard to read. I know you copy & paste things a lot & just forget to use the eraser ;)

Are you saying I an correct in thinking you guys actually meant the gears only need to be +7 OR higher & not above +7? I think that's what you meant by your answer. they need to be at least +7

Okay so it the set stats need to be at least +22 total does that include all items or just the ones AmonRA mentioned? the upgrades for the set need to be a total of +23... so for the physical set you need to have the Physical weapon, Physical earring, Physical Pendant upgraded to a total of +23... other items do not apply to the refine total

AmonRA, I wasn't saying "TO" make headears obsolete. I was saying this makes everything other than "UPPER" headgear obsolete. The Full Moon is great & other ones are nice to wear when you aren't playing. these items dont make anything obsolete they simply ADD to your overall power... they dont replace any of the current gears...

#7 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Quoting me & making comments within it is very confusing. Camp was the one who confirmed they needed to be at least +7, or higher, & not +8. You also contradicted what Camp said regarding the total. He said it should be +22 NOT +23. I didn't say they replaced any gears.

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Quoting me & making comments within it is very confusing. Camp was the one who confirmed they needed to be at least +7, or higher, & not +8. You also contradicted what Camp said regarding the total. He said it should be +22 NOT +23. I didn't say they replaced any gears.

nope.

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

so what are you saying is OP and that makes other costumes obsolete? we only have costumes for headgears... since these are the only body "costumes" we get how are they making anything obsolete? the only way to make anything obsolete is to make something BETTER than what is currently available... since we dont have anything else body costume wise currently available nothing is being made obsolete...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users