• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

Patch Notes v523

Drop Updates & Changes
After some review of the drops the following changes have been made

• Missing equipment ranges for 180 and 200 equipment have been better filled out when you are 190~200 and 210~220.
  • There's been an adjustment to drop rates for monsters over level 100, where the chances will slowly scale down.

Bug Fixes

• Luna Valor Quest
    • Lunaris barrels are easier to obtain now.
    • Some quest indications are now visible.
  • Union Uniform Equipment has been properly set to their proper restrictions and item color.
  • Some other minor trade restrictions that were overlooked on some items have been fixed.
  • Many typos and quest consistency of terms have been corrected through various quests and dialog.

Coming Update early September

(likely next week!)

We are currently finishing up an update that will expand on our Gem and Appraisal Stats system.
With this update will open the potential for a wide range of possibilities for character creation!
We will be unlocking the ability for slots to be able to be put in to every equipment piece!
Because how dramatic this can affect various aspects of game play, we will also be placing gem location restrictions for the new equipment slots. This means, only certain gems will be able to be used in these new locations. Existing gems and locations will be kept in tact so not to change any existing game play experience and expectations. In short, we are adding on to the current setup to allow you to do more!

There will be a slight change to certain features and functions in regards to how this will all work and we will provide more details soon!

Sneak Peek to some feature enhancements to expect!

Spoiler

#2 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Gems in costume slots?... Effect stats or just for show?

#3 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Im guessing you will Indeed get the stats :)!.

#4 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

^

some clarification on this please .-.

#5 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Weapons and offhands would be the only two items that have a visual effect, and you don't get the benefits of any stats attached to the gems (as it works currently). "Gems may now be used on items that are currently equipped in costume slots." refers to the convenience of being able to add gems to slots while items are equipped as costume pieces instead of having to unequip, reequip as combat pieces, add a gem to the socket, unequip, and reequip as costume pieces.

#6 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Leo ^^

#7 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Guess I'm going to bed now, DC in COU and Draco is down....  :p_swt:

#8 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Guess I'm going to bed now, DC in COU and Draco is down....  :p_swt:

Draconis's log-in was lagging so a restart was placed. It's up and running as of now.

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

I disagree with every piece of equipment gemmed. I don't know what kind of gems u guys are thinking about these parts but gemming every single piece of equipment is just too much.

If, for instance, Honor sets will fully be gemmed, it's going to create imbalance imho.

#10 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

the server is really laggy atm? or is it just on my end

#11 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

I disagree with every piece of equipment gemmed. I don't know what kind of gems u guys are thinking about these parts but gemming every single piece of equipment is just too much.

If, for instance, Honor sets will fully be gemmed, it's going to create imbalance imho.

i remember them saying the gems would be like defense pierce, mdef pierce, etc. doubt it will be anything that affects main stats (AP, crit, etc)

#12 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

This gem in every item sounds absolutely overkill. But sure why not Long as you guys don't allow Beryls to go into every equipment piece and make everyone who spent so much on reroll hammers a complete waste for them. Because if you did, we would all expect a huge refund :). (Hopefully it's just the new gems you're allowing to go into them and nothing else.

Edited by Leeny, 28 August 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#13 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Not sure if I'm allowed to leak this, but it is a known concern by Leonis and there will be a limit  to make sure you can't put the same gem in every single slot. It's not up for testing yet though so can't say much more than that.

Edited by jerremy, 28 August 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#14 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

i remember them saying the gems would be like defense pierce, mdef pierce, etc. doubt it will be anything that affects main stats (AP, crit, etc)

Well I hope so. If they allowed main stat gems in those pieces it would be ridiculous.

#15 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

This gem in every item sounds absolutely overkill. But sure why not Long as you guys don't allow Beryls to go into every equipment piece and make everyone who spent so much on reroll hammers a complete waste for them. Because if you did, we would all expect a huge refund :). (Hopefully it's just the new gems you're allowing to go into them and nothing else.

Lolol.  I would laugh.  No different then replacing int with charm.  They wouldn't care how many rerolls you used or what needed to be replaced.

I figured there was a reason they undid this from beta.  At least I remember being able to gem my offhand.  I feel like the unbalanced is going to get super unbalanced. 

#16 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

• Appraisal stats will be retained when a gem is removed from socket.

And items that have been inserted with gems prior to this upcoming change? Will they be subjected to this change, allowing them to retain their previous appraisal stats before being gemmed?

#17 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Lolol. I would laugh. No different then replacing int with charm. They wouldn't care how many rerolls you used or what needed to be replaced.

I figured there was a reason they undid this from beta. At least I remember being able to gem my offhand. I feel like the unbalanced is going to get super unbalanced.

Correct, in beta, you were allowed to gem the off hand. That was why knight had a slight advantage over other classes because it could use 5 gems while other classes were only allowed to have 4 gems.

#18 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

bedazzled equips O.o

im seeing it now.. OP builds.. over9000 aspeed

open pegasus so people will not rage

Edited by kwayan19, 28 August 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#19 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

Correct, in beta, you were allowed to gem the off hand. That was why knight had a slight advantage over other classes because it could use 5 gems while other classes were only allowed to have 4 gems.

You mean 6 gems instead of 5...

#20 rhaiin23

rhaiin23

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

Pretty good idea... newbies/new recruit will get hard time again to compete with full geared... -_-..

apparently gem on costume. stats will not worked... :D

it means offhands/mask and backshield can be socket too..?

Katar raiders will be much stronger again haha...

#21 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:40 AM

I do know that jerremy is right. Leo does not want to allow the stacking of the same type of gem in  every slot. I do worry though that the character classes which use offhands, will become slighty OP since they will be allowed to use one more gem then the rest of us, but I will wait and see.

#22 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:42 AM

I do know that jerremy is right. Leo does not want to allow the stacking of the same type of gem in  every slot. I do worry though that the character classes which use offhands, will become slighty OP since they will be allowed to use one more gem then the rest of us, but I will wait and see.

Well currently they have offhands they can put an extra substat on, so I doubt it will make all that much of a difference.

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

Well currently they have offhands they can put an extra substat on, so I doubt it will make all that much of a difference.

touche!

#24 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

I brought that up with Leo about two hand users, he said a 2nd gem slot is under consideration to match the total slot capacity of off hand users. This sadly makes substats utterly null for two handers but still viable for off handers.

#25 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:17 AM

Leo, Can you explain this more? Why was this changed?  I get hardly any drops now on Eldeon :(

" There's been an adjustment to drop rates for monsters over level 100, where the chances will slowly scale down."

Allso on Eldeon none of the NPC HAve any ? or ! over their heads to show quests I can do?

Not that they dropped much anyway, now the ghosts that spawn on Luna weren't dropping anything. I was on my level 88 soldier.. Bad luck maybe??

Edited by Fishnet, 29 August 2014 - 06:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users