Fire Sale Déjà vu - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fire Sale Déjà vu

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

Why the same items over and over again?

I would be more than happy to buy more points if it weren't for the fact this is the same stuff that has been in the last several boxes.

Edited by hoikarnage, 28 August 2014 - 02:20 PM.

#2 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Agreed. I have 1.5k KP I'm ready to use on a box from renewing VIP a couple weeks ago. But I'm not wasting them on boxes with recycled junk. I all but quit trying to sell my devi transform scrolls I've had for a few months now.

It doesn't help when it's a chance. 99% to get transform scrolls, 0.9% to get mercenary scrolls, 0.1% to get worthless gear. Oh, and the gum or tokens. Another chance, both items that have already been flooded into the server. Once again, I'll pass.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

We'll keep getting recycled content until we receive an update with new content, and that content will either be implemented as a Quest Reward, Lucky/Groove Box Reward, or very seldom a Fire Sale Box Reward. Besides that, rare, older things show up in the Fire Sale Boxes occasionally, so I wouldn't knock them if I were you.

#4 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

I don't mind recycled junk, it's just that it's the same recycled junk over and over. There are tons of other items they could recycle.

I have more transformation scrolls than I know what to do with. I lowered the price to 500k each (half off average) and they still wouldn't sell.

#5 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

^

its a retarded box

give useful stuff like costume full moon, benefits chars, cannot be abused for upgrades

kafra blossum cards

#6 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

Unfortunately, they stated a while ago that KBC can't be put into boxes by kROs ruling. They can do Raffler every now and then(very rare that it happens) to make them available.

#7 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

how about some skull caps? i have been waiting for those. Classic got them last patch. When is our turn?

#8 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

We'll keep getting recycled content until we receive an update with new content, and that content will either be implemented as a Quest Reward, Lucky/Groove Box Reward, or very seldom a Fire Sale Box Reward. Besides that, rare, older things show up in the Fire Sale Boxes occasionally, so I wouldn't knock them if I were you.

Having older stuff is fine. I'm not worried about that. My chief complaint is that the fire sale and other boxes contain transformation or mercenary scrolls in most of the last 10 boxes or so. That may be an exaggeration, but it's basically true. But honestly, isn't there something... ANYTHING else they can put in those boxes?

The other problem I have is that the boxes, no matter how cheap or expensive, always has chances for items. I wouldn't mind that so much IF:

#1-The chance to get things from the boxes had even chances, and

#2-There weren't so many things in the box.

I understand that WP needs our money to keep operating, but this box is the same as one of the last boxes. And when I tried to get something worth while last time, I spent all the KP I received from renewing VIP and got nothing but scrolls. Seriously, 10 attempts or so. Really, if there was other stuff that was worthwhile in there, like BBs, safe certs (No, I'm not suggesting safe certs be put in, but if your going to flood the server, might as well be something people can use OR sell, not just use), or some other consumables to be filler content, then I'd be snatching them up. Like I said, I don't like chances, but I can sell BBs. I could use safe certs. I don't have a use for, nor can I sell transform scrolls, and I already have mercenary scrolls. How about something different? What about Hugel medals? They had them before. I'd like a chance at a spare card, or even just blanks. I can use them. Having literally the same things in the box, sale after sale isn't going to sell well, no matter how many boxes you put into the game. A door-to-door salesman is eventually going to lose customers if they go to the same customers, over and over again, offering the same stuff, over and over again.

I remember one of the first boxes I dropped money on. It had the FAWs in it a while back. I spent all my points from renewing VIP trying to get one, and failed. I didn't mind, though because they had safe certs, gum and BBs, iirc. I was able to sell most of that, and am still sitting on a few of those gums. I wanted that FAW though. So I dropped an additional $10 USD on the box, and was able to get my FAW. Two, actually. I was able to trade one and get something (for my wife) plus some zeny in return. I was also able to get my wife a FAW. We both were able to get HBPs this way as well. These items have uses. BBs can sell. Safe certs can sell, even with prices being so low. I can't sell transform scrolls well, especially my dev scrolls. Haven't sold one in 3 months...

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

i just redeemed all my scrolls for points.  i'd love to see medals back in game.  i can't win races if my life depended on it.

#10 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

^

its a retarded box

give useful stuff like costume full moon, benefits chars, cannot be abused for upgrades

kafra blossum cards

and new gears for the special equipment ( costumes)  like this :)

dd_zpsa7d0dace.png

Edited by Hissis, 29 August 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#11 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

i just redeemed all my scrolls for points.  i'd love to see medals back in game.  i can't win races if my life depended on it.

The races wouldn't be so bad if it they didn't take so long. If they kept the mobs from being able to go backwards, it'd so be worth the effort of gambling for them.

Also, what's up with Bingo and other stuff going on? There's supposed to be games in Hugel, not just monster races. Were there too many problems, just like the bank in Lighthalzen?

#12 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

Abysmal Knight Helm hasn't been in for a while.
It's a 1.5EXP/Drop event so BBs in the box would have sold like hot bread.

#13 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

Then, if you find it that bad - don't purchase!

They probably want to see what the trends are - which is good in a way as well.

But we consumers directly affect trends and what distributors send our way.

For example...

I do that in real stores whilst shopping. When I don't agree with a product for any reason, I simply continue along on my merry way.

I also mention this to friends and family and they would often agree that said product is not worth a purchase... you can even blog about it!

This speaks volumes and produces real results whereas aformentioned products tend to disappear altogether and are replaced,

slowly but surely, with products people actually want to use.

As much as they would like to think they can teach people what they want (like Steve Jobs used to say)

we can as much return the favor by teaching them what we want :)

#14 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Then, if you find it that bad - don't purchase!

They probably want to see what the trends are - which is good in a way as well.

But we consumers directly affect trends and what distributors send our way.

For example...

I do that in real stores whilst shopping. When I don't agree with a product for any reason, I simply continue along on my merry way.

I also mention this to friends and family and they would often agree that said product is not worth a purchase... you can even blog about it!

This speaks volumes and produces real results whereas aformentioned products tend to disappear altogether and are replaced,

slowly but surely, with products people actually want to use.

As much as they would like to think they can teach people what they want (like Steve Jobs used to say)

we can as much return the favor by teaching them what we want :)

You know how else we can teach them what we want? By saying what we want. Right here on the forums. which is what I did.

And of course I am not buying them, except when I want more tokens, which is the only thing I actually use in any of the boxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users