• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 JackSlayer09

JackSlayer09

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

i just started and the game seems dead but then again like i said "i just started" jsut kinda wondering i mean this game seems cool and all but how many ppl still play? o.0 i hope i posted this in the right area also lol

#2 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

You can probably find more players on Trifri but the game is fairly populated. 

#3 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Best way for u would be to grap 1 or 2 friends and play togehter.. otherwise it will we a singel player game for u till u meet us in alban lol

#4 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

music-headphone-anger-management-fack-ni

#5 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Who are you trying to convince ? Yourself ? :happy:

#6 Aigis

Aigis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

I play in trifri server PK, i wonder if dungeons and raids can be done there, i mean can i find parties? 

(I don't play since 2012, so i'm thinking to return)

#7 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Game is pretty slow.. you have Nova which is non-pk and u might see a person or two before you reach lvl 50...It's a new server so not nearly as many there atm and those that play spend very little time in towns, we are out quest/farming.

Trifri has more ppl, most of these you will find afk in the end game town of Alban or pk'ing the afk ppl in Alban lol. Once lvl 50'ish you move into the town of Tifri  (yea server names are close to town names and kinda dumb but we didnt get to pick them), where you will find alot of pk action as well. 

Raids can be done on both servers. However, Nova they take a little longer since we are not all +30 high end geared players.

Overall population of the game is very low in comparison to every other MMO I've played.. except during events when a few more log to play. Like RoxCore said above your best bet is to grab a couple friends to join you, it will make the lower levels less lonely 

Good luck and welcome back(if ya choose to return)

#8 JackSlayer09

JackSlayer09

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

ok thank you all =] yeah i joined nova im not much of a pker from waht i seen on nova i like it just hope to find more people that play also but im glad to ehar the game is active o.0 that was my biggest worry

#9 VModBlueberry

VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

Well welcome!
Glad to know you will play, Nova Server may be a bit quiet for now because apparently many would go for pvp than pve but I hope you will enjoy it anyway.

So see you in game!

#10 Aigis

Aigis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

It's not that i had to choose to go for pvp, i've found all my characters there after the great server maintenance of some months\years ago.

Anyway, why is Trifri Server so much populated? I mean, this should be a PK server but it has more people who wanna do raids than Nova server!!!

#11 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

The "new" Trifri is in fact the one surviving server that now hosts all the old client servers which were merged over the years. The "new" Nova is actually the FB server that opened some time ago and used to be kinda separate and you would login to that through FB. Now both these servers are put together so you can enter them through the client.

Obviously, since Trifri is like the "original" Requiem server, and until recently the only client one, it contained all the old players of Requiem, plus several new. For some funny reason Trifri was always a PK server, after all the merges occurred. And now it is still a PK server, while Nova has been made into a non-PK (PvE) server.

Some people migrated from Trifri to Nova when all these changes were made (fairly recently), most of them were originally from the client PvE servers that were merged into Trifri (so, kinda forced into a PK only server!). The original Nova mostly has its own "FB population".

I would say that neither server is hugely populated (*sarcasm*), but Trifri should have the most (of the surviving) players and the best geared ones. Activity will reflect these facts, Nova will probably be more "quiet and friendly" with more questing / gearing up players and parties. Trifri will be probably a "danger zone" for new players, when some of the "uber geared" oldies might fancy some killing spree. Trifri, I expect, would have more raids, because of the abundance of good gear and the relative ease to do them.

#12 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Also.. when they opened up Nova server to client users and made it a PVE server.. any new accounts made were not able to make characters on the Nova server but only onto Tifri, thus adding more to the population there. We were only given a 2 week period of time to put in for a  transfer to Nova.  As 90% of the original people from Valdes(PVE) server quit the game because of the forced PK on Trifi when they merged us all there, most of those missed the transfer deadline. There are some that returned to 'check in' and found out they were still stuck in PK they uninstalled and went back to quit status.

When Nova was a facebook exclusive server it was also PK, so alot of the original Nova players moved to Trifri to follow their love of the PK system.

Thing is they didnt really 'transfer' us over but instead they made clones of our toons onto the Nova server. So now I have 20+ toons on Nova and 20+ toons on Trifri lol. If the dev team would have thought this through a little bit more and made 'copies' of all the accounts instead of doing it one by one IF you sent a ticket to them within the 2 week transfer event.. then Nova would have many more returning players, that might have possibly brought along new players they made friends with in other MMO's they've been playing since they quit this game.

Oh well their loss in the cash flow is all I can really say I guess. Myself I am enjoying the peace n quiet of the Nova server... Real life comes along and you have to walk away for a min or an hour? no prob! just do it, no worries about coming back to a dead corpse in town lol.

#13 Aigis

Aigis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

I'm trying very hard to find parties for ruinhorn, doom cheras, jacob shrine and whatever, but i cannot find them, it's not that no one wants me, i'm lv76 so i should be able with my equipment to do those raids\dungeons but no one answered me at all at my request, i asked to enter in a guild too, but no one answered me, that's pretty riddiculous, so what should i do if i cannot play anymore?

I'm just a little druid :C

#14 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

I'm trying very hard to find parties for ruinhorn, doom cheras, jacob shrine and whatever, but i cannot find them, it's not that no one wants me, i'm lv76 so i should be able with my equipment to do those raids\dungeons but no one answered me at all at my request, i asked to enter in a guild too, but no one answered me, that's pretty riddiculous, so what should i do if i cannot play anymore?

Ask in alban for raids... ppl will help i am sure

#15 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

If your on Nova server pm me on Howako or NightWoman I will invite you to the guild I'm in,.. I'll be online in about an hour or so. Or ask someone with the Deciples of Chaos tag runnin around for an invite. We usually have a couple managers on at most times.

#16 Aigis

Aigis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

I'm on trifri and no one answer, no guild no raids, that's impressive how the game is dead.

#17 xXxGangstaxXx

xXxGangstaxXx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:both

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

the game is not dead :)

Pm Smiley in 1h and 30 min and i will add you to my guild new Buddy ,im at work atm

#18 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Find it out in your own eyes, it's as dead as a Lintra. 

#19 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

Find it out in your own eyes, it's as dead as a Lintra. 

Lintra was never as dead as now both servers are, yet they closed and merged it.

#20 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

hmmm.... when I did my Alpha Temperion Quest parts in Turba and Parness I really saw 1 guy (Turba) and like 2 or 3 in Nova Lux - NOOOOOOO the game isnt dead its "well" populated *lol* - u should've started back in 2008 when all 3 servers were filled - now in 2014 there are just a few ppl left ingame, mostly in Trifri (Village) --> well Trifri server fits it too <----- or Alban (high lvl area).... remember : new games pop-up now and offer things that lure us old players away too... its too late somehow to expect a change here I think

@Aigis : well ur mentioned dungeons are... meh... -_- *lol* sry - noone really wants to do them, except for RH... JS is boring like hell (Plugger + Robo at once and only the healer/tank have a bit more to do, rest can chill, spam skills and write nonsense in chat), Doom Cheras : -_-ty drops imo.... mostly these bosses are raided just to get the Honor pts or regarding LW = Innards and the Alpha Testing Temperion VII part... when we raided LW short after the last maint we formed an LW-pt just to finish the quest and at the end most ppl didnt even rolled for the items, haaaaaaaaahahahahaha, they all ported away

either way, u both try ur luck ingame, maybe u find ppl who want to do the same like u want, for most ppl its just an afk-place (remember September 4th to 8th and 16th (headstart = 12th) - could be u'll miss even more old players then) - best regards ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users