#1 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

The usage of Gadgets and supportive engineering.
Leonis words regarding the future Artisan was to maintain some of the offensive abilites we have while adding more supporting use of our engineering. Partly to ease the pressure currently on Clerics. Let's help with that!

• Throwing Potions, throwing potions at your allies - hp/mp.
  • Medical Package, healing device 'dropped like a trap for scouts'
  • Air Strike, dropping auto-consumbables from above
  • Totem Pole, summon: area of effect ability like dmg reduction etc
  • Turrets, single target turret and AoE turret
  • Trebuchet, click on the ground where to shoot, try to anticipate enemy movements. Can't attack when enemy is too close.
  • Huge Crossbow, can pierce multiple enemies. Long reload time.
  • Mark of Death, in combination with Turrets a skill that enable you to choose whom the single target turret fires at if said enemy is within range
  • Tripwires, sets like a trap for scouts
  • Forge, imbue.. stuff
  • Shield, throw a protection in form of additional HP on someone. It will expire over time or until someone has injured your ally too much
  • Bubble, that slows down time. Aspd and mspd is decreased

Give more suggestions and ideas and I'll add them to the list. Have already started developing a few of these suggestions but would welcome any form of brainstorming. What comes to mind when you see these bold words.
What would you wanna see yourelf for the new Artisan?

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 03 November 2014 - 02:22 AM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Well since yu added this to the public section + my main is an arti for the time being, I'm gonna follow this and try to help with the backend stuff while you guys come up with the ideas for once, sound fair? :)

#3 DrakeClaw

DrakeClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Combat Turrets (Summons)

At the cost of xx summon gauge, the Artisan is able to place a static combat Turret.

The Turret will aim at the same target the Artisan is attacking, shooting some kind of bullets, damaging the target for a portion (to be defined) of the Artisan attack power.

The max number of Turrets that can be summoned have to be defined aswell, I though that 3 could be a nice number, since they are "static" and allow to triangle a target.

Turrets 's lifespan goes like the Mana flames from Cleric, can get buffed and somehow healed/damaged while on place.

The Turret range is the same of the Artisan summoner, allowing him to Target at same distance (example : Targetting Ulverick Boss from distance to avoid Stun)

#4 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

That is a very nice idea indeed. Something like this?

turrets.jpg     turrets2.png

Here's an example for an AoE grenade as well ;)

grenade.png

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 30 August 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

I like the turrets, and Leo mentioned them. Try expanding some creative ideas on them into something class unique.

#6 DrakeClaw

DrakeClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, those images fit well.

And yeah, would be cool if this could drive into a pretty "new" vision of the Class ;)

#7 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

Updated the first post to better represent some of the ideas we currently have. Give some of your time to leave a comment with your thoughts :)
What comes to mind.

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 30 October 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#8 OldMan54

OldMan54

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere Texas
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Not so much as an enhancement but possibly change the was crafting is utilized.

Right now if you want to enhance a piece of gear you have to find that specific piece of gear.

The mechanism is a bit cumbersome.

Why not set it up more like upgrading gear.

Open a window, put the gear in, it recognizes the gear, you add ingredients.

You can make it say "Need skill ... at lvl ... to enhance this gear.

As for helping Mages.....

1. How about crafting shields around players to minimize damage.

2. Instead of attack turrets, summon a cannon/giant crossbow cart that attacks (could even be a trebuchet) ...I would even change the summons they have now with some sort of mechanical device. It would be more in line with a crafter then.

3. Thinking about the turrets...don't make them attack. Have them create a dome that could do one of several things...a safe zone only for allies....a healing zone allies could run to...a debuff zone decreasing defense of enemies that enter....or even a zone that causes continuous damage to enemies inside. Many things turrets could do other than just attack since their summons already attack.

4. An interesting but not so useful suggestion would be a cart/mount that is summoned with a skill that is a unique mode of transportation for the artisan.

That's all for now. I'll get back to you with more ideas.

Edited by OldMan54, 31 October 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#9 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

Nice feedback!

- Crafting is going to be rewamped later on and will be available for all classes while Artisan having some form of 'edge' to it. As I don't know much about this I suggest we save it for a later time when we get to know more of Leonis and the dev's thoughts concerning this. As for now we might consider it bad or good it makes no difference. It will likely not be any changes made until they present their whole idea concerning proffesions.

1, A shield to protect others :D I actually made such a suggestion to a Knight rep. That Artisans could have such a skill didn't strike me then. It's a nice idea. How would you explain that this would work.. Theoretically. I see it like you put some sort of 'field' over someone. Let's say electrical field but I would want something that feels 'older' then electricity.

How do we see we are protection someone with this..  Shield?

2. Nice thought of Crossbows and Trebuchets. I personally see that the Trebuchet would have some sort of limitation that if someone gets too close you can no longer fire at it. I also see an option of where you click on the ground to anticipate the other persons movements!

3. We can have Turrets AND something like this. This is what I would say a Totem Pole for instance would be used for - boosting your troups. I can also think of a bubble that slows down aspd. Like a time-rift of some sort. Then something.. scary/intimidating that would decrease your enemies attributs: like the success of stunning someone decreased by 10%
Care to give some example how this would 'look like'. I'm listing a bubble for aspd down. Totem Pole to reduce damage taken. Can't think of something scary atm so don't have a picture of how this lowering rate of stuns would look like. See where I'm going? When you can picture it.. It gets easier to think about. For me at least :)

4. Like a special escape tool! I like it. Think about how you can't mount up or ride a cart when in combat. This would allow that ,be a means to escape, so you wouldn't always need to go MSPD build to avoid getting banged by a group of raiders for instance.

I'll add these thoughts to the list tomorrow in a manner. Right now I got a birthday party waiting! Keep the ideas coming :)

#10 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

I hope battle artisans can be good again after this rework in skills.. It's a dying class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users