Question about Snap/Body Relocation - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about Snap/Body Relocation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sunvesp

Sunvesp

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Hello,

I come from Private Server and I would like to know few things about official in order to choose my first class here.

The first question is about Body Relocation and the ability to dodge asura strike on private server.

When I read the irowiki for Snap : http://irowiki.org/wiki/Snap

Snapping away will save the user from area skills, but will not release them from most single-target skills, even if they have moved all the way off the screen from the attacker (unless the attacker no longer has a line of sight to the caster). An exception is that Snap can release the player from Fiber Lock.

Asura Strike (guillotine fist) is kinda a "single-target" skill.

Is this a bug on Private Server or you can dodge Asura Strike even on official server using body relocation ?

See what it does :

Thank you in advance for your answers.

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

the quoted part is how it works here in iRO; so you can still dodge single-target skills (provided that the cast time gives enough time to dodge) by snapping behind obstacles;

also, bellum claw (removes asura cast time at +10 or higher) is quite common here

Edited by ka10, 03 September 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#3 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

You just have to break line of sight. If you snap away 5 screens in a straight line during their cast bar but there are no obstacles between you and the caster you will still get hit. If you snap around a corner it will miss as if you hid.

#4 Sunvesp

Sunvesp

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

Should be hard to be able to snap in a corner since the caster is supposed to be at your position when casting (or at least in melee = very near).

Thank you for the answer, maybe if we can get some more confirmations on this, or trolls will simply tell "you are not pro enough to successfully dodge asura".

Edited by Sunvesp, 04 September 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#5 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

You can snap twice if you have high ASPD or you can snap and then hide(also if you have high aspd)

#6 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

yeah once you reach around ~180 ASPD (the more ASPD the better), it becomes possible to snap to a 2nd spot just by snapping again even before your sprite itself relocates towards the 1st spot; you can shorten the amount of time between the two snap clicks w/ faster ASPD, and choose the 2nd snap spot/cell very accurately with /camera-off (though this does limit the range of your 2nd snap; i just have /camera on a shortcut alt+M key so can change modes anytime; /camera-on is really nice for snapping across large distances due to almost instant camera centering)

this feature of high APSD is also what allows players to quickly cast GoH (or any other skills) at a target right after snapping in range; so no need to do unnecessary pauses/waiting for relocation to finish

Edited by ka10, 04 September 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#7 Sunvesp

Sunvesp

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Yeah I know about Snap uses ASPD, I take a minimum amount of AGI for being able to re-cast Snap fast enough for MVP Hunting (kinda useful on MVP like GTB).

But ASPD wont reduce the 2 (fixed) second before being able to cast Asura Strike, eheh.

Note that I'm saying it should be hard because most of PVP Sura play with high dex nowadays for GoH/TC, so they are almost insta-cast.

Note²: each additionnal ASPD points reduces AfterCastDelay by 1%.

Edited by Sunvesp, 04 September 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#8 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

ASPD doesn't reduce after cast delay; probably meant animation delay

#9 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

That's a made up number anyway. It's not linear like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users