Channels divided by level ranges - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Channels divided by level ranges

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

For some reason the current channels arent divided by levels even though it says 5% exp bonus if youre in the right channel.

Dividing the channels by level ranges is useful because a lot of players, especially lower level ones will be able to find grinding parties much more easily since they will all be on one place instead scattered on difference channels all over the server. I personally have a hard time finding a party with my alt because people arent on Channel 1 which is kinda the "most populated channel"

#2 Dorkish

Dorkish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed. ;)
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

Totally agree. IAH has their channels labeled, and it helps a lot with parties. I don't think it'd be too difficult to add labels to our channels, so why not implement it?

#3 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

For some reason the current channels arent divided by levels even though it says 5% exp bonus if youre in the right channel.

Dividing the channels by level ranges is useful because a lot of players, especially lower level ones will be able to find grinding parties much more easily since they will all be on one place instead scattered on difference channels all over the server. I personally have a hard time finding a party with my alt because people arent on Channel 1 which is kinda the "most populated channel"

+1

#4 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

Agreed. I imagine this would be a pretty simple fix, too.

#5 WolfinGanger

WolfinGanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Is int the real reason you cant find a party is that there is int enough people playing this game yet O.o anyway even if they did label them it dosent guarantee that everyone will go to there designated area have you ever tried switching channels to see if there are parties waiting if not i usually just choose a channel then wait 5 mins and someone arrives with a group i dont have much trouble getting a party

#6 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

Is int the real reason you cant find a party is that there is int enough people playing this game yet O.o anyway even if they did label them it dosent guarantee that everyone will go to there designated area have you ever tried switching channels to see if there are parties waiting if not i usually just choose a channel then wait 5 mins and someone arrives with a group i dont have much trouble getting a party

thats exactly my point. Why go through all that effort to find a party when with appropriatw channel labels 90% of people would be on the right channel (not to mention people would know which channels give them 5% bonus exp). I megaphoned today looking for a party and had tons of whispers from people scattered across the server.
Even with the labels people would go to a channel not for their level if they dont wanna bump and ks other players. But if you wanna grind in a MM then you know at which channels exactly to find people of your level spamming the mission map you need.

The point of this thread is to point out that you shouldnt go through all that effort to find parties, as the label system already exists everywhere but here, and the labels are useful as they provide guidance to new players who don't know much about the game.

#7 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

Most of the time the 5% bonus exp is in channel 5 no matter what level you are or what channel is selects to say is your "recommended" channel.

#8 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:34 AM

yeah, channel 5 seems to be 5% for level 40-60

#9 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

I can confirm that 30-35 at the very least is channel 3

They just need to label them =|

#10 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

I don't think bonus EXP starts until lvl 15 or something

#11 CHiSEEN

CHiSEEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

Paris Strikes Back Final Release (v.0.1.19)

General

• Maximum level increased from 65 to 70
  • Wedding NPC and Quests added
  • Battle Square map levels adjusted
  • MyHome feature opened
  • Recommended Channel Fixed
  • Open Market Search Functions Improved
  • Christmas Balloon Event Added
  • Christmas Style Decorations Added
Bug Fixes
  • Solar Earring UI tool-tip issue fixed
  • Defense Mode
  • Fixed a problem of short-cut button inactivate issue when party members get out.
  • Fixed a problem of invisible monsters and the stage completion when party members out.
  • Fixed NPC name display bug in the UI when completing quest
  • Set item table structures corrected
  • Guild member kick abilities adjusted
  • Fixed bug of mail not being sent correctly when large number of mail are sent
  • Globule Pill item now heals Vella's poisoning Level 1
  • Black Tree Root item buff and tool-tip fixed
  • PVP lobby bugs fixed

could this be what we've been waiting for?

Edited by CHiSEEN, 16 December 2010 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users