Coming Gem Update, come check it out! - Page 9 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Coming Gem Update, come check it out!

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#201 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

That's a wrong comparison, we aren't talking about something new here, we're talking about something ingame that is being changed, and those people (me included) who paid real money for rerolls to get max stats should have their current statted items upgraded to the correspondant new stat.

Lots of players will be unhappy if this is not the case, and some people may aswell leave the game if they can't currently afford the real money cost to upgrade their items all over again. And don't come up with the "nobody is forcing you" bull-_- because if you want to be competitive in PvP you just must do it. If you're so happy to spend money again then ask the GMs to create another server just for you.

Right on point.

I don't see the logic behind of not updating the top tier sub-stats to the most recent ones besides greed.

Personally I thought about giving rose a second chance but now after I saw that the substats won't be updated and that there's actually people who believe its totally okay I might just stick with terra rising.

If you want to make your product attractive to the community you should add to it , and not add to it and take something in exchange.

Im glad you made new substats and gems but I'm very disappointed with the fact that you want us to spend extra cash in order to upgrade our accessories on which we already spent money.

Edited by LexLoyalty, 15 September 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#202 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

Guys, let us all wait what the patch will bring, then we will see how things changed, okay?

I would like to close the whole discussion now and wait for the patch - aren't we all excited about new gems, new possibilites, new content? (Even if this just means the basement for "REAL" big content!)

I will go sleep now and I would love to see you all relaxing till tomorrow (if the patch comes then).

#203 horseraider

horseraider

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • LocationWanker Land

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

That's a wrong comparison, we aren't talking about something new here, we're talking about something ingame that is being changed, and those people (me included) who paid real money for rerolls to get max stats should have their current statted items upgraded to the correspondant new stat.

Lots of players will be unhappy if this is not the case, and some people may aswell leave the game if they can't currently afford the real money cost to upgrade their items all over again. And don't come up with the "nobody is forcing you" bull-_- because if you want to be competitive in PvP you just must do it. If you're so happy to spend money again then ask the GMs to create another server just for you.

Ahaha Gojio is right, most people paid real money just to be at least decent of what class they using. like albe said "if you want to be competitive in PvP you just must do it." 

Thumbs up.  :thumb: 

Edited by horseraider, 15 September 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#204 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

Lmao, really? I'm pretty sure 50/40 still exists, and 75/50 are added, as in a NEW STAT. This isn't a game balance, it's an expansion. I swear the level of lazy I see whenever something new is added is just confounding. Boo-hoo, you paid real money for re-rolls. I paid 150$'s just to re-roll a max stat exalted set, and guess what, you can get max stats from the boxes now and I didn't say a word. Nor will I even fret once when the new tier of armor is released, wonna know why? Cause I'm not stuck in this weird cheese-holed world of ROSE where I'm limited to a single MMO's method of expansions and updates. It's pretty common place that items, stats, gems, mounts, CONTENT in general, becomes obsolete after a time.

So again, it's a new stat list, new gems, new stat farming methods. It's all new~ yet somehow, it's not new. According to you, because you're going to argue it until you're blue in the face to get it how you want it. Instead of being a gamer, and understanding basic fundamentals of progression. New stuff -> new things to strive for. Get over it. 

However I would like to poin t out, YET AGAIN, that you can craft, level 10! items, get the sub-stats you want, use 1 enchantment scroll, and transfer the stats to the item you want. I mean c'mon, that's practically FREE. Matter of fact, IT IS FREE. Valor Enchantment Scrolls and Crafting on a level 80 Arti with some decent SEN will get you level 10 max stats.

Need max 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-dungeon stats? Craft a red beret hat for the stat.

Need a max event stat item? [like a summer pack?] Open leprechaun boxes, you can get max stats form them now, and x-fer the stat.

Need a max stat IM item? Buy the 1$ servant equip set boxes, open 1 get 4 chances at a max stat, x-fer the stat to the item.

Need a max stat jewelry? Craft level 100 jewels for a max stat, x-fer it to your choice of crafted/dungeon/king dropped jewels. 

Big, freakin, whoop. 

Edited by Feuer, 15 September 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#205 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

Yeah right, I'm going to craft an Oro's Present or a pair of Star Glasses with 75\50 stats, am I?

Or yeah great idea, I'm gonna buy servant sets till the one out of 500 stats I want pops up. Brilliant idea.

Besides, the last time stats were changed the ingame ones changed too, I don't see why it shouldn't happen again.

Edited by Gojio, 16 September 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#206 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

To answer a question: Will the [Recived HP] stat increase healing done from skills that convert damage to health?
Yes, the HP Received stat will affect skills that convert damage to self healing.

Are those new gems (Dolomite, Combeite, Umbite, Raspite, Variscite, Esperite, Legrandite) which covers item drop qty/rate, mean the Drop System will change to become a bit harder? Or are those new gems just intend to help make the farming more easier by this time.

They are going to be added to the drop system. This adds more to hunt for, obtain and rewards to defeating the king monsters. Their drop rates aren't on par with "Epics" however because some gems will only be able to be obtained from Kings, it returns a unique value to defeating them. Their long duration to respawn makes it so the gems will slowly enter in to the world, while the ones that are available from the Honor/Valor Shops are able to be directly purchased from PvP or PvM efforts that are already established.

What if you don't like to pvp but run mad amounts of dungeons? Available for valor too? Suggestions?

Honor and Valor shops will contain different gems, but there is the ability to convert Valor to Honor, and Honor to Valor at an exchange rate.

Hi Leonis,

Thx for the explanation.
I just need to double confirm about this:

- No matter what "Type" the items are, as long as they are in the same Grade. You can place the stat from one to the other right?
Example: Can the substat from a Leprechaun Suit (Item Grade: Event, Type: Casual Clothes) transfer to a Summer Backpack (Item Grade: Event, Type: Backpack)?

Thanks.

Because the items are the same "Item Grade" the Enchantment Scroll would work to transfer the stat from the Casual Clothes, to the Backpack.

Only the "Item Grade" is what's important when taking or applying a stat to another item. If it is a "Grade 3" item, you may only apply the stat to a "Grade 3" or higher.

Please tell me offhand gem will be visible too - love me some shinies - while you're at it change the gem effects on katars/duals to show on both hands!

Off-Hands should be working, we just need to make sure we update all the gems to have a visual effect. Duals/Katars are a bit of a different matter we'll look in to down the line. :)

I think that loss amount is a little steep.
i probably shouldn't compare this game to others, but when i played WoW, the conversion rate was roughly 1 = .75. So 4 Honor gave you 3 Valor, same with Conquest to Justice. Why such a steep rate?

Just because another game has a conversion rate, doesn't mean we'll follow it. It's based on our own game play and rate of being able to obtain the points per system.

Appraisal Stats - Updated & Upgraded!

Because we wanted to give equal fairness and accessibility to the stats and combinations that can be obtained, we've expanded on the appraisal stats listings. While we still wish to further enhance this particular feature and aspect of game play, this is a significant improvement and step towards allowing players to pursue their ultimate build.

We will be up-converting any existing stats that may fall slightly out of the new and improved scaling to the new design and in every case, if a stat changes, it can only become stronger.
  • What this can mean to you: If you have a stat that gives STR 3, the new tier design doesn't have a "STR 3" so that stat will become "STR 5"
>>>

If this update will affect the stats, where all existing stats are go up and there will be no change to the existing gem. Lets Beryl 7 be an example.

Question:

* After this updates, Which of two is the best to place to the Servant's Uniform. The Beryl 7 or the enhance 30 charm stat. Or the ratio will be 1:1 ?

Thanks

You're going to have to figure that out for yourself. What's "Best" to play on an item is up to players. We've done what we can to make the stats have a competing value to them based on various styles of game play.

Question Devs, Players with 50.40 substats on items. Are you guys going to force us to have to use 100 rerolls to get to the upgrades stats considering you guys are greatly greatly lowering our chances of hitting the stat we want with your million of new substats added. This will be severely unfair forcing us to spend more zuile/IM on items we already completed. And i mean this will cost ALOT from the amount of new stats you guys made.

Force is not what's happening. We're just expanding on the game play options and possibilities. The Re-Roll Hammers will updated to keep the same ratio relationship to stats as before. Yes, it changes your chances of getting the stat you want, but we've also changed how stats are applied to equipment and the range of stats that can appear because of it. Because of the Enchanted Scroll's function and brought utility to game play, we expect that more will be able to "farm" for stats that are to their liking, along with the wider range of combinations, the possibilities of choice are that much greater as well. Though obtaining the stats may take time, we feel it will ultimately provide an easier means to obtain desired stats, as an other avenue of obtaining them that the Re-Roll hammer doesnt' "force" upon the community.

Whats the problem? I thought all existing stat will enhance. Lets say if u have save a 4 leaf Clover 50/40 in your storage. After this update no need to worry cause it convert to 50/75. Am I right or Im f@$%ng wrong?

Only stats that didn't fall within an exact tier, would receive an upgrade to the closes tier it matches. We know the community isn't pleased with the idea of having stats reduced, so for this update and process of splitting the appraisal stat and gems from one another, any stat combination that doesn't have a direct tier to match, will be upgraded to the closes equivalent.

Scouts weren't nerfed, but they haven't been given the full treatment we wanted to give them. We still have Scouts noted to be given some attention when we're able to return to some class balances, but we have some other features to implement first in order to be able to do so.

So why start something you cant finish? Why halfass a class, knowing it wasnt done right and then just jump to something else?

I've highlighted the answer to your question. Some features were not ready to implement, but there is no reason to withold what could be implemented to help improve the class with what we could at the time.

#207 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:44 AM

Can there be any examples for which will change?

These are the only stats that will physically change during the update:

Old: [Strength +8] [Dexterity +5]
New: [Strength 10] [Dodge Rate 40]

Old: [Strength +8] [Sense +10]
New: [Strength 10] [Critical 30]

Old: [Strength +13] [Concentration +8]
New: [Strength 15] [Accuracy 50]

Old: [Strength +13] [Intelligence +8]
New: [Strength 15] [Magic Defense 50]

Why? Because there were the only 4 that had the dual primary stats, which we weren't very keen on not only having to create full range of combinations, but also for the sake of game balances. So these 4 received a change to their secondary stats, towards a stat that was best associated to its increase and to tier.

Question to Leonis, Or Gen, or anyone who knows, Since we could move sub-stats after the update within their catigories and with rules followed, Lets say for instance if i wanted to move my 30 charm substats from coomon clothes to another common shoes or gloves that have no substats. Would it be possible to move those stats, or does the equipment require to have a stat first?

A pre-existing stat is not required to transfer a stat to a piece of equipment. However, be aware that you will lose the existing appraisal stat on the equipment, if one exists and you use the Enchanting Scroll on it.

Gojio, LexLoyalty and iMatt.
I don't think you all understand the fact that the 50 accuracy / 40 crit stat, had nothing better in the current setup.
There are now additional tiers of accuracy beyond this stat, to compete with the fact that the dodge tier had a higher value, making it a higher tier.
Because of how the new tiers were designed, there was no place for the 60/40 to exist, and without reducing its strength down to a 50 dodge tier, as promised, it was up-converted to the next tier.
Spend some time looking at the new stat list, and you can see that there are now totally equal stats when it comes to accuracy vs dodge to achieve, where as before, it was not.

Feeling like you have a right to expect stats are going to automatically be pushed to the max is a bit of a stretch, when we're expanding and adding to game play, not reducing aspects of existing game play for the sake of balance. What we're doing is helping the game features scale with game play, that didn't prior.

#208 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

First you made all the money and rerolls spent on INT gear and buffsets useless, but fine that was a "bug", now you're making thousands of rerolls going to waste cause our stats are no longer the best. What are you going to do next? People grow tired when they have to keep changing what they already have and worked for.

You guys should really stop messing with what we already have and start creating new stuff, ie gear, planets. Or at least be honest and just say you want us to keep spending money on the game and you just found another way to force us. All the hypocricy behind these useless changes is useless.

Edited by Gojio, 16 September 2014 - 02:30 AM.

#209 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

i remember the last stat change they did way way way back~ all of my stated item were different

some were good some were bad

#210 Ballistic

Ballistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

Boo-hoo, you paid real money for re-rolls. I paid 150$'s just to re-roll a max stat exalted set, and guess what, you can get max stats from the boxes now and I didn't say a word.

In a way you have...this isnt the first time you have made this statement about spending $150 on re-roll hammers.  The comment you made above is you complaing but just trying make it seem as if your taking the high road.  You got screwed dont feel bad about complaining about it. 

#211 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:13 AM

We all got screwed. I am still waiting to see what I will do with my 10 50.40 accessory sets. Anyway thanks devs for putting this expansion in I am happy to see work being done even if i disagree with some of the things done.

#212 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

Leo, I am really excited about this new update. But I have a question. What will become of destruction drills? They will no longer be necessary in the game. Will they still drop? If they are going to be removed, what will happen to the ones we have in our inventory/storage?

#213 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

Leo, I am really excited about this new update. But I have a question. What will become of destruction drills? They will no longer be necessary in the game. Will they still drop? If they are going to be removed, what will happen to the ones we have in our inventory/storage?

Destruction Drills still have their role in gameplay, where a gem can be destroyed in order to get access to the appraisal stat that is still attached to an item.  We have removed the chance for failure that Destruction Drills previously had, making this process even simpler than before.

Separation Drills will likely become the preferred choice for gem removal now that it does not degrade the gem after being removed, but due to it's low success rate and depending of the value of the gem you are trying to remove, destroying the gem may be a more convenient option in some cases.

#214 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

Suggestion:

Before the Updates happen, could you please tell us the cost of Enchantment Scroll. 

Example:

1 Enchantment Scroll = ??? Valor

1 Enchantment Scroll = ??? IM points

Thanks

#215 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

Destruction Drills still have their role in gameplay, where a gem can be destroyed in order to get access to the appraisal stat that is still attached to an item.  We have removed the chance for failure that Destruction Drills previously had, making this process even simpler than before.

Separation Drills will likely become the preferred choice for gem removal now that it does not degrade the gem after being removed, but due to it's low success rate and depending of the value of the gem you are trying to remove, destroying the gem may be a more convenient option in some cases.

Thanks Gen!

#216 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

Leonis, you mentioned about the new stat list and tiers. Would you mind publish all the stats in the stat list and their tiers? I believe most of us would like to have a look at them.

#217 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

Leonis, you mentioned about the new stat list and tiers. Would you mind publish all the stats in the stat list and their tiers? I believe most of us would like to have a look at them.

here you go: http://rose.irowiki....isal_Stat_Chart

made gen :D

#218 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Question:

Is there any possibility of free reset on our skills and stats, specially those Artisan? Some of them are not build to pure crafter, they balance the ability of being a Crafter (a good source of Income) and at the same time being a Battle Artisan too (also a source of income + Anti Boredom). With this update, Others Including me will force to reset my Artisan Skill to learn the "Sub-Item Craft Skill and Armor Craft Skill" which in current patch not much ideal for fast earning Billions of Zulie. I concentrated to CON Stat to craft Gems with high possibility of success, And put the other excess SP to offensive skill. But now my prediction is current gems are not much In-demand in the market because of the new item Enchantment Scroll, the new upgraded Stats and the other new Gems that can replace to our Weapons and Chest Armor. Having a good SEN for high chances of obtaining max stat is what I think the In-demand build for Crafters.

Thanks

#219 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Noone got screwed, I went into that build choice knowing the risk. You amy feel "screwed" I feel I got more then enough use out of the build, and to be honest, It will cost me barely 10$ to re-max my gear. The only thing from then on that I have to do, is spend 7-10 enchant scrolls to rip those stats from the Exalteds to the next tier of PvM Dungeon rewards and continue on my merry way. It was an initial investment, that will continue to pay on for many years. 

#220 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Question:

Is there any possibility of free reset on our skills and stats, specially those Artisan? Some of them are not build to pure crafter, they balance the ability of being a Crafter (a good source of Income) and at the same time being a Battle Artisan too (also a source of income + Anti Boredom). With this update, Others Including me will force to reset my Artisan Skill to learn the "Sub-Item Craft Skill and Armor Craft Skill" which in current patch not much ideal for fast earning Billions of Zulie. I concentrated to CON Stat to craft Gems with high possibility of success, And put the other excess SP to offensive skill. But now my prediction is current gems are not much In-demand in the market because of the new item Enchantment Scroll, the new upgraded Stats and the other new Gems that can replace to our Weapons and Chest Armor. Having a good SEN for high chances of obtaining max stat is what I think the In-demand build for Crafters.

Thanks

They already said there will not be a free reset this time.

#221 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

For say to everyone about dat and i will put in red + post in the FB groups

THEY WILL NOT DO A FREE SKILL AND STAT RESET, STOP ASKING THAT

Ty for u guys understand

Edited by Filipito98, 16 September 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#222 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

Sigh..ridiculous having to redo over 40 pieces of equipment. Such a low blow this is. But we always adapt to these updates..Rose will move forward in its own way, not ours. I will await the update and work on my characters for the 100th time.

#223 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

Leeny, I don't see why you're upset, you don't have to redo equipment. Sure, if you want to keep working towards the peak gear and ability stats then yes, this expands and extends on what those possibilities are as any progressive update would offer. Whether it is new equipment or extending the appraisal stats, progression is progression and there will always be something more to work towards in a world that continuously evolves.

#224 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

I don't get why people why are so upset either. They piss and moan that they want new stuff, then when they get it, they piss and moan over lost zulie. O.o

#225 djDarkX

djDarkX

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

Okay, so, I checked the list of what gems could be put into what and you all have listed some old gems that could be put into hats, masks, etc. but that is in fact not true.  I just tried to put an Opal into a pair of glasses and it said it wasn't compatible.  Same with a Quartz into a hat.  Might want to change that information ot it'll confuse people, unless I'm missing something here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users