[ 9/10 - 9/16 ] Weekly Ralis Conundrum! #4: A Colorful Conundrum - Page 2 - Conundrum event archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[ 9/10 - 9/16 ] Weekly Ralis Conundrum! #4: A Colorful Conundrum

60 replies to this topic

#26 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:00 AM

Numbers I like but all those numbers are confusing as kitty :P

#27 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

Question: What happens at the end of the week if there are less correct answers than there are prizes? The extra prizes just vanish or is there like a sudden death kinda thing? lol

#28 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

i assume it'll just be like the first week, where there were only two winners.  they both received the prize and the rest are not generated (remember, these are created on demand).  i wasn't even aware until the 2nd week that there would be five winners each time.

#29 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

Question: What happens at the end of the week if there are less correct answers than there are prizes? The extra prizes just vanish or is there like a sudden death kinda thing? lol

Only the people with the correct answers, will receive the prize, up to the maximum number of winners. When there are more they do a drawing, if there are less, they aren't going to give items out to 5 people either way :P

Edited by Razzez, 11 September 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#30 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

Only the people with the correct answers, will receive the prize, up to the maximum number of winners. When there are more they do a drawing, if there are less, they aren't going to give items out to 5 people either way :P

Thanks for the clarification Ralis.

#31 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:32 AM

^ No one was talking to you! MYOB

Glad to see you've found a new place to troll me.

Edited by Razzez, 11 September 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#32 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Razzez is correct actually, if there are less than 5 it's just going to go to the people that got it right. It just means they're guaranteed to get a prize. :D

#33 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Razzez is correct actually, if there are less than 5 it's just going to go to the people that got it right. It just means they're guaranteed to get a prize. :D

^ Thank you!

Try to answer someones question & then other people make comments for no reason

Edited by Razzez, 11 September 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#34 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

Looks like this one has stumped most of you. Just a few correct answers in so far. So few, in fact, that if no one else gets it right we're going to have some guaranteed prize winners this week. ;)

I guess I've hit about an "acceptable" level of difficulty, though. I was worried about things being too easy after last week. :)

#35 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

Looks like this one has stumped most of you. Just a few correct answers in so far. So few, in fact, that if no one else gets it right we're going to have some guaranteed prize winners this week. ;)

I guess I've hit about an "acceptable" level of difficulty, though. I was worried about things being too easy after last week. :)

I'm not surprised. I think you went a bit above the level of difficulty on this. I'm great with math, & number puzzles, but I haven't been able to figure out a pattern based on the list of numbers :P

Sorry but I did not like the link I had to click on so I posted my answer here, instead - I hope that's okay.

:)

No it's not:

Please do not post or PM your answers. Use the link below the challenge to submit answers!

Please do not ask questions related to this week's challenge on the forums. Questions regarding the competition as a whole are fine, but we want to avoid any hints or answers being posted directly on the forums!

Edited by Razzez, 13 September 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#36 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

Please don't post answers... Whether they're incorrect or not. :)

#37 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

^ How many times are you going to have to say this each week :hmm:

You need to figure out how to do an auto reply to each post...LOL

Edited by Razzez, 13 September 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#38 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

Oh crap, this one is hard.

Can the password have repeated numbers?

#39 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

Can't answer that question.

#40 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

hmm...is this a actual math thing or a test to see if you are able to go through with what you thought first? :wah:

#41 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

Can't answer that question either. =X

#42 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

>.<

#43 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

I will say that every puzzle I post is going to have a 100% definite answer that you can find through some means... Nothing is ever going to be pure guess work.

#44 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Problem is, there are tons of reasonable answers to this problem. There might be 3 reasons why your answer is correct while there may be 5 reasons why another answer is correct.

For example:
1) I can simply take the 8th number in the group of numbers (consists of 5 digits) and that is a perfectly reasonable answer.

2) Add up the numbers and use base 8 for each of the 5 rows of numbers.

When I get a math problem wrong, I ask myself "Why is my answer wrong?" And those examples I gave you tells me nothing I did wrong except that 1 method that you want me use.

There is no option of trial and error like there was in the previous problem and the problem isn't very fun when we're even unsure of where to start. The problem this week involves some sort of niche that focuses on one way of solving for the answer.

tldr; there's nothing clear on where to go with this problem. To be honest, unless I see the answer, the problem is more of a "do you know the riddle?" vs solving a math problem.

Edited by Demeris, 14 September 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#45 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

Problem is, there are tons of reasonable answers to this problem. There might be 3 reasons why your answer is correct while there may be 5 reasons why another answer is correct.

For example:
1) I can simply take the 8th number in the group of numbers (consists of 5 digits) and that is a perfectly reasonable answer.

2) Add up the numbers and use base 8 for each of the 5 rows of numbers.

When I get a math problem wrong, I ask myself "Why is my answer wrong?" And those examples I gave you tells me nothing I did wrong except that 1 method that you want me use.

There is no option of trial and error like there was in the previous problem and the problem isn't very fun when we're even unsure of where to start. The problem this week involves some sort of niche that focuses on one way of solving for the answer.

tldr; there's nothing clear on where to go with this problem. To be honest, unless I see the answer, the problem is more of a "do you know the riddle?" vs solving a math problem.

Yap thats why im like wtf? There is bunch of possible ways but nothing clear >.>

#46 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

We have no boundaries to this problem which makes it unclear. We know we have to use that symbol 8 and those set of numbers. Our axioms for instructions is only limited to that.

I can even try and include the color, but I assume it's irrelevant since that can potentially open up more ways of solving this problem in obscure ways.

Edited by Demeris, 14 September 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#47 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

I wish I could say more at this point but I really can't... I will elaborate on what I said before, though: I GUARANTEE you will know when and if you have the correct answer.

It will all make sense when this week's answer is posted, I promise!

Don't get discouraged if you can't figure out the problem this week. I wanted it to be more difficult than last week to balance things out a bit.

There's always a next week (unless the world ends or something) and a new puzzle with it. Next week has some numbers in it, but I'll be asking you for a LOCATION rather than a number. :)

Edited by Ralis, 14 September 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#48 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

I wish I could say more at this point but I really can't... I will elaborate on what I said before, though: I GUARANTEE you will know when and if you have the correct answer.

Yeah the door will open when we figure out the code, right? :P

#49 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:42 AM

It will all make sense when this week's answer is posted, I promise!

Don't get discouraged if you can't figure out the problem this week. I wanted it to be more difficult than last week to balance things out a bit.

There's always a next week (unless the world ends or something) and a new puzzle with it. Next week has some numbers in it, but I'll be asking you for a LOCATION rather than a number. :)

That's fine, when people find out the way you wanted to answer the problem it will make sense.

But explain to me why MY ANSWERS are wrong? To me it makes perfect sense and it seems the only reason why I'll get it wrong is because I didn't do it the way you wanted it to be solve, which is kinda bogus for a back to school type of problem.

I understand last week was kinda easy to figure out and most people just share the answers with their friends anyways. But the fun quality of this problem significantly dropped and I hope next week there will be a more interesting one. It doesn't have to be easy, but have a decent sense of direction.

In my opinion, this type of question should have been on some interactive system where there is trial and error. A one shot try on this type of problem is kinda brutal so I look forward to seeing the solution.

Edited by Demeris, 15 September 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#50 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

This puzzle is hard  :wah:

Edited by Pocky, 15 September 2014 - 10:13 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users