2 replies to this topic

#1 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hello everyone,

Just started Rag Online and liking it so far.

I am only around level 20 and have strictly been dumping points into INT but soloing is becomming harder and harder. I want to main a healer type support class but have always been fond of hybrids who can still heal pretty well (maybe not "best") and still do "ok" damage if needed. Is this possible? I am just not sure what I should be dumping points into and have yet to group much as I am still learning the game. I usually enjoy a sort of hybrid/healer class in most games I play.

Is it possible to pump points into something that will let me do more damage without gimping my heals/survivability too much? Or is it just not possible? I still want to be able to heal groups and duo type groups but I usually enjoy soloing as well.

Appreciate any input here.

Edited by LoLitsNeal, 07 September 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#2 holydemoniclight

holydemoniclight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Perth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

Keeping in mind that I'm also pretty new, I don't think so. Maybe max out DEX - base MATK is calculated by (INT*2+INT/2+DEX/5+LUK/3). And I think ASPD is calculated with a bit of DEX in there too. So if you max out DEX, you might see an increase in ASPD, although not as much as if you max out AGI.

Even so, I suppose you've leveled up in that short time. If you have the money, perhaps consider hiring a mercenary? Or buy some firebolt scrolls.

When you become a priest, you can solo the payon caves - all the mobs there are undead (with the exception of one or two), so you can heal bomb them :)

#3 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

There is a battle archbishop guide, I suggest you take a look at it. Do realize though you suffer alot until you reach archbishop because from priest to highpriest, there are no technical attack skills you can pick up which means its pretty much ctrl+click, the upside to all this is that you can buff yourself which other classes cannot and that puts you at a huge vantage point. Here I have made a quick stat plan that I used on my own battle bishop during his stage as a priest, mix and match the stats yourself to your desire, but it does dish out the damage without too much loss on the side of healing, its all a matter of swapping over weapons depending on if your supporting(rods) or soloing yourself(mace).

http://calc.irowiki....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One note to point out is if you can, invest in some kafra points to buy adrenaline rush scrolls or party up together with a blacksmith class that has adrenaline rush(who doesn't?) as maces get a speed boost from the aformentioned skill, and in all honesty, it is well worth the investment.

Of course, in case you find that hybrid builds are not to your liking, you can also just simply stick to support but add in ME (Magnus Exorcismus) for solo play, which is viably possible, below I also give you this skill build:

http://irowiki.org/~...AhEbajOqxkexNaX

I was using that build myself 3 weeks ago when I decided to make a ME Archbishop(I grew tired of stat and skill resetting my maxed out bishop just to fool around with builds) so I can also assure you this build works wonderfully even with the worst gears on. People can criticise me that having no KE is bad but in all honesty, I have not needed it through my priest stage. This build also means you do not lose out on healing potential but just slightly makes partying abit harder as,1) Sanctuary will not last very long and that means higher blue gem consumption as well as lower heals from sanctuary, 2) many people have lvl 5 magnificat as a priest, having level 3 in this case means your mag will last only 60 seconds compared to level 5 which lasts a minute and 30 seconds, meaning more often you need to recast.

Just look at the pinned posts for all the possible builds to play as an acolyte, many are more informative than the simple reply I am giving you. Acolyte is a very tough class to play, but is also the easiest to make friends with.

Edited by Marty5337, 08 September 2014 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users