New Acolyte Help on leveling. - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Acolyte Help on leveling.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hello everyone.

Just started Rag Online and liking it so far.

I got some new player questions as well as a specific Acolyte question.

1) I am playing an Acolyte and I seem to miss a ton. I have been pumping pure int so far but I cannot seem to find what exactly affects "miss" rate.

2) What exactly contributes to making buffs last longer? Such as bless and increase AGI? They are so short lasting atm.

3a) I am only around level 20 and have strictly been dumping points into INT but soloing is becomming harder and harder. I want to main a healer type support class but have always been fond of hybrids who can still heal pretty well (maybe not "best") and still do "ok" damage if needed. I am just not sure what I should be dumping points into and have yet to group much as I am still learning the game. I usually enjoy a sort of hybrid/healer class in most games I play but as previously states, I seem to miss a ton and hit for pretty small amounts making soloing difficult.

3b)Is it possible to pump points into something that will let me do more damage without gimping my heals/survivability too much? Or is it just not possible? I still want to be able to heal groups and duo type groups but I usually enjoy soloing as well.

!!!!!Appreciate any input here!!!!!

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

1) Dex affects hit, it also reduces some of your cast time.

2) The level of the skill affects the duration

#3 meichaofeng

meichaofeng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

I want to main a healer type support class but have always been fond of hybrids who can still heal pretty well (maybe not "best") and still do "ok" damage if needed.

Seems that you are wanting battle priest or a support monk. You will be the master of none... 

* Battle priest: used to be a novelty but in reality despite the pride there wasn't much else. Especially since you still want to support party. At lower level you can probably find parties of other new players who are not wealthy enough to buy pots or equip so your service is needed (although I am not really sure about it... but I am in Classic where everyone has their own support on different client and only a handful of new players found here). 

At higher levels you will be quite redundant. The harder the maps are the more intensive the demand on your skills and SP. If you want decent damage, you will have less int thus less SP, can you keep up? And at a glance Mace Mastery is already 10 skill points, there will be less support skills you can get.

* Monk: similar story as above .... even worse. But for a new player who likes buff and heal skills, have a look if you might like it. You can still buff your friends a little bit.

Disclaimer: Classic point of view, but I suppose not much difference for Renewal.

Edit: if you have a lot of int, try not to whack monsters but find undead ones to heal bomb. It is also nice to make another character that's agi based to collect strawberries for your heal bombing aco, or common drops to sell so you can fund your acolyte. 

Edited by meichaofeng, 08 September 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

you can't go full support priest and expect to solo non-undead mobs.  if you want to do AoE damage as a priest you would go the Magnus Exorcismus route, but that still only kills demon/undead type creatures.

#5 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hello everyone.

Just started Rag Online and liking it so far.

I got some new player questions as well as a specific Acolyte question.

1) I am playing an Acolyte and I seem to miss a ton. I have been pumping pure int so far but I cannot seem to find what exactly affects "miss" rate.

2) What exactly contributes to making buffs last longer? Such as bless and increase AGI? They are so short lasting atm.

3a) I am only around level 20 and have strictly been dumping points into INT but soloing is becomming harder and harder. I want to main a healer type support class but have always been fond of hybrids who can still heal pretty well (maybe not "best") and still do "ok" damage if needed. I am just not sure what I should be dumping points into and have yet to group much as I am still learning the game. I usually enjoy a sort of hybrid/healer class in most games I play but as previously states, I seem to miss a ton and hit for pretty small amounts making soloing difficult.

3b)Is it possible to pump points into something that will let me do more damage without gimping my heals/survivability too much? Or is it just not possible? I still want to be able to heal groups and duo type groups but I usually enjoy soloing as well.

!!!!!Appreciate any input here!!!!!

i assume you are in Renewal,

Go to Archer Village and buy a bunch of merc (archer) scrolls, sit in Ant Hell and let the mercs lvl for you. Best done with 2 or 3 mercs.

#6 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:17 PM

If you go pure INT you can deal quite decent damage to undead by offensive healing them. Since you didn't mention that in your post, maybe you are not aware that you can do? To target an enemy you need to either press Shift+Click or you can switch on "Noshift" by entering /ns which removed any targetting restrictions by default but will make it harder to target properly (you might accidentally heal yourself instead of healing the undead).

A good way to start leveling as Acolyte is the first floor of Payon Cave. Offensive heal those Zombies and Skeletons.

(Note: I'm not too familiar with Renewal, but I assume you can still offensive heal there.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users