Allow ALL Job Classes to Reach New Level Caps - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Allow ALL Job Classes to Reach New Level Caps

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Knowing extended classes will always be behind the rest of the classes is a huge downer and has kept me from playing

KRO had planned a limit break for 150 with the taekwon master and Soul linker, but when they did a survey for the community about the idea, most Korean players did not like the idea.

#52 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

Wondering if there's any update on this from kRO.

#53 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

kRO: nothing to see here

#54 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

Knowing extended classes will always be behind the rest of the classes is a huge downer and has kept me from playing

I think it works well for managing peoples expectations of what expanded classes are for.

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

They said that its on the development table and that they like the idea of allowing TK, Ninja, Gunslinger, and SN classes to reach lvl 175 (after appropriate job changes to third class types)

#56 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

This is going to get interesting...

#57 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

interesting

#58 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

Extended classes should be able to reach the regular max level if they have a class advancement that allows them to go beyond 99 like Rebellion, Kagaru/Oburu, and SN.  However, if they don't have a class advancement designed to go over 99, I'd rather see them wait until they've created that instead of arbitrarily letting them go over 99 just because.

Which is why I'm also personally against letting 2nd class/trans 2nd class go over 99.  With the way the game is designed to flow currently, you get to 99, change classes, then move on to 100+.  It doesn't make any sense to me just to let 2nd class/trans 2nd class to just arbitrarily go past 99 without advancing into something more.  If you do that you're just getting slightly stronger but no new skills which will make it harder to go against the higher monsters (yes I'm aware there are a few exception skills like acid bomb and Gfis, but for the most part 2nd/trans skills aren't as effective in the high level content).

Ideally, they should have given all the expanded classes new 100+ classes when renewal first hit instead of incrementally adding them in later leaving them gimped.  But, as usual the devs were too lazy and now we're stuck with some people not being able to properly take part in the newer, high level content.

#59 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

Extended classes should be able to reach the regular max level if they have a class advancement that allows them to go beyond 99 like Rebellion, Kagaru/Oburu, and SN.  However, if they don't have a class advancement designed to go over 99, I'd rather see them wait until they've created that instead of arbitrarily letting them go over 99 just because.
Which is why I'm also personally against letting 2nd class/trans 2nd class go over 99.  With the way the game is designed to flow currently, you get to 99, change classes, then move on to 100+.  It doesn't make any sense to me just to let 2nd class/trans 2nd class to just arbitrarily go past 99 without advancing into something more.  If you do that you're just getting slightly stronger but no new skills which will make it harder to go against the higher monsters (yes I'm aware there are a few exception skills like acid bomb and Gfis, but for the most part 2nd/trans skills aren't as effective in the high level content).
Ideally, they should have given all the expanded classes new 100+ classes when renewal first hit instead of incrementally adding them in later leaving them gimped.  But, as usual the devs were too lazy and now we're stuck with some people not being able to properly take part in the newer, high level content.

What does it matter if skills aren't effective at higher levels? I don't see the harm in letting people create max level of any job class in the game. Some people like the challenge of making a max level 1st Class and stuff like that. It's mainly people who PVP that care about advancing to the next class; why not have more novelty stuff for PVM players to mess around with? Are people really threatened by max level non-3rd Classes?

If they kept the original advancement path (Novice > 1st Class > 2nd Class > 3rd Class (since trans was originally 3rd Classes)), then you'd have a point there. But they totally screwed up the job advancements by making the 3-1 classes into trans classes. Assassin Cross and Rune Knight were supposed to be on the same tier (since they're from the manhwa), but they aren't. The job tiers as they're currently laid out are what doesn't make sense, not this proposal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users