Sirceye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

As many of you already know Sea server has had an event in which 62 blue 50% runes were given out. It is understandable that they would want to keep their runes so I have a proposition. Have a similar event on ODIN server  before the new Sea players arrive. A pvp tournament would be pointless as Sins, Priests, Monks and Rogues are currently in an extremely broken and unblanced state. The same could be said in colo as Sins, Rogues have insane amounts of penetration. This has led me to WoE. Currently it is the ONLY group PvP map in which large groups of players can compete with eachother and it also allows for "compensation" a priest may be able to stun/dot, but in woe you have healers and other people to help you kill them. I would like to suggest blue 50% be given out as a WoE prize. It would not only serve to "balance" our current players seeds with sea servers, but it would also provide more incentive for guilds to participate in WoE. I understand people will just argue that this will create a larger gap between large and small guilds, but esentially we are doing the same thing by potentially allowing the Sea server players to bring their runes with them. The gap would increase immensely and we would be "out gunned". This is a completely serious suggestion and I hope that you do consider it.  

To Vmods and CMs.
I understand that your job is to moderate and I do not want to tell you how to do your job, but I ask that you please delete comments from trolls flamebaiting instead of  deleting the post as a whole, hiding it or locking it. I really want this to stay open for the public to see and discuss.  -RunForce

#2 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

This would only further imbalance things.  Castle/Fortress owners already get a buff, taxes, and guild vault that spawns an enemy npc every 24hrs that drops immediate refine stones is enough incentative for WoE.  What you are suggesting only applies to a handful of guilds.  At least with the SEA event it could any player from any guild. 

We're trying to balance the game not further imbalance the game. 

#3 Sirceye

Sirceye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

Are you implying that it is impossible for another guild to win WoE? Because, it is perfectly possible. If they would get organized and recruit it's perfectly possible for another guild to get a castle. WoE is a server wide event that  anyone can participate in so saying it only applies to certain guilds is innacurate.
"This would only imbalance things ", "We're trying to balance the game not further imbalance the game"

and allowing the high seed runes from sea to come over wouldn't?

LOL, NO

This would only further imbalance things.  Castle/Fortress owners already get a buff, taxes, and guild vault that spawns an enemy npc every 24hrs that drops immediate refine stones is enough incentative for WoE.  What you are suggesting only applies to a handful of guilds.  At least with the SEA event it could any player from any guild. 

We're trying to balance the game not further imbalance the game. 

#4 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

If you have read my numerous posts on the "SEA Merger" you'd know that I'm for wiping seed runes from the game completely. 

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

If WoE was possible for anyone to win then the castle and forts would be constantly switching, but they don't. WoE Fort/Castle holders have been the same grouping of people since forever any changes to rewards just increases the gap between that group and any guilds looking into getting into WoE.

#6 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

If WoE was possible for anyone to win then the castle and forts would be constantly switching, but they don't. WoE Fort/Castle holders have been the same grouping of people since forever any changes to rewards just increases the gap between that group and any guilds looking into getting into WoE.

WoE castles change ownership amongst the guilds who actively participate and can muster the NUMBERS and COORDINATE their members to do it. Ofc the castles won't be taken if 30 people decide to attack a fort alone. It is POSSIBLE for ANYONE if they TRY, RECRUIT AND COORDINATE

#7 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:07 PM

I feel like that I've seen this conversation before but the sides were switched.

#8 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

WoE castles change ownership amongst the guilds who actively participate and can muster the NUMBERS and COORDINATE their members to do it. Ofc the castles won't be taken if 30 people decide to attack a fort alone. It is POSSIBLE for ANYONE if they TRY, RECRUIT AND COORDINATE

Lets be honest "change ownership amongst the guilds who participate" has meant and will always mean whichever mega alliance is currently controlling it passes it around until a non-allied guild shows up. Any changes to the rewards does not draw in new guilds and really only benefits the which ever alliance dominate WoE at the time.

Edited by StormHaven, 12 September 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#9 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

Lets be honest "change ownership amongst the guilds who participate" has meant and will always mean whichever mega alliance is currently controlling it passes it around until a non-allied guild shows up. Any changes to the rewards does not draw in new guilds and really only benefits the which ever alliance dominate WoE at the time.

If no one tries that is their problem. WoE is Server wide and open to ALL. It will be HARD and you won't suceed your first try, but it is POSSIBLE.

#10 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

Not if the dominating guild obtains so many blueseeds won't be so easy to beat them.... :V

#11 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

Not if the dominating guild obtains so many blueseeds won't be so easy to beat them.... :V

I wish the gms could provide information on exactly how many blue seeds many of the "OP" geared people in our guild have rolled. You would be surprised. Also, it's not necessarily a secret so learn to target and G_G. There are ways to mass target one person in laggy WoE you just need to practice. Also your post says so many blue seeds what do you mean by that? If you are assuming a vast majority of the dominating guild( assuming you are referring to Galajuan,NB,Exilio,UC unless the use of guild instead of the plural guilds was intentional then just UC) have high seeds you are sadly wrong. Well actually that depends on what you classify as " high seeds"

Edited by Baddiez, 12 September 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#12 littleguy135

littleguy135

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

yes but seeds are farmed its not that hard to do if the other guilds farmed the seeds as well they will be able to get "OP" seeds as well its not only the "dominating" guild that has access to them that map is open to all

#13 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

yes but seeds are farmed its not that hard to do if the other guilds farmed the seeds as well they will be able to get "OP" seeds as well its not only the "dominating" guild that has access to them that map is open to all

Indeed that is true everyone has Access to FF. Not everyone has "good RNG" but you still have the possibility of getting good seeds.

#14 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

I was talking about the blueseeds from the event lol in the case such event like SEA one is ever brought here. Why would I worry about the existing ones? You both guys should know what I meant. Idc about the current existing ones. The problem relies if only one/two guilds end up having so many blue 50%s, but then again we're just assuming based on if such event ever comes here. And I doubt it. It didn't do good in SEA.

#15 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:39 PM

I was talking about the blueseeds from the event lol in the case such event like SEA one is ever brought here. Why would I worry about the existing ones? You both guys should know what I meant. Idc about the current existing ones. The problem relies if only one/two guilds end up having so many blue 50%s, but then again we're just assuming based on if such event ever comes here. And I doubt it. It didn't do good in SEA.

It was actually kinda hard to know which you were referring too sorry ;D.

#16 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

Its kinda hard to really form an opinion on if this is even a good idea until we know the exact details on IF they are going to allow SEA players to keep those insane seeds they already have.

In the event, they ARE ALLOWED to keep them, I've already heard of 2 very large guilds coming that could steam-roll the server if they are that over-geared. This is just ONE option to get some of the NA vets at the same level. Unfortunately, even if say, just the castle/fort owners win in your proposed event... its still a huge disadvantage to everyone else. Its going to place a few guilds on top of what is coming and cause FUTURE imbalance. New and bigger alliances can be forged with as much coordination as what is already established but unless this is an -every woe- event and someone breaks through the existing barrier, there is never going to be competition unless there is another way to obtain such high seeds outside of WoE.

I'd be more way more happy with the rng being fixed here before the transfers start so everyone can at least make an attempt to get the same % runes as them instead of a handout.  Give EVERYONE a fighting chance against the beast. EVERYTHING is going to be effected by this, not just WoE. Lets put the petty differences behind us and work together for the good of the WHOLE server.

#17 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Its kinda hard to really form an opinion on if this is even a good idea until we know the exact details on IF they are going to allow SEA players to keep those insane seeds they already have.

In the event, they ARE ALLOWED to keep them, I've already heard of 2 very large guilds coming that could steam-roll the server if they are that over-geared. This is just ONE option to get some of the NA vets at the same level. Unfortunately, even if say, just the castle/fort owners win in your proposed event... its still a huge disadvantage to everyone else. Its going to place a few guilds on top of what is coming and cause FUTURE imbalance. New and bigger alliances can be forged with as much coordination as what is already established but unless this is an -every woe- event and someone breaks through the existing barrier, there is never going to be competition unless there is another way to obtain such high seeds outside of WoE.

I'd be more way more happy with the rng being fixed here before the transfers start so everyone can at least make an attempt to get the same % runes as them instead of a handout. Give EVERYONE a fighting chance against the beast. EVERYTHING is going to be effected by this, not just WoE. Lets put the petty differences behind us and work together for the good of the WHOLE server.

^Best way to put it

#18 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

She couldn't have said it any better. Literally what I was thinking too. I'm one for wiping all seedrunes as they were originally meant just for chaos gear and not spoil us with seeds on every single future set. But if removal of them is not possible, then give everyone a fair chance of obtaining them. As many pointed out, anyone can just farm seeds no? The map is open. Can even buy from AH if one wants to. So why not increase the %rates of higher seeds? SEA already had it. This way we won't get  a few being literally handed out those blueseed50 and screw the rest; its gonna be a fair chance for everyone to roll one or not, as it is now, but adapting to what several of the SEA players are potentially bringing with them.

This is all depending on "what" they can bring, of course.

#19 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

ROFL!

Two guilds that once had to form an alliance to overthrow the "easy to take over" permanent castle ownership by Exodus (and got luck on their side that "Urgent Recall" was removed) are now in a public stabbing... kind of funny.

We could simplify things:

All participants should print their seed runes and hones here and we will see how important this extra reward really is. F.e. if it turns out that most players have runes with a value of 35% or higher already, this request makes no sense at all. The additional benefit would be marginal. Especially since:

"If they would get organized and recruit it's perfectly possible for another guild to get a castle."

So why does the SEA merge make up for an argument, if it's that easy to take the castle and doesn't dependant on p2w gear? So what's the truth behind it? Who fears what? Is this the request of a smaller guild that can't get enough free seedrunes or is this a request of a castle holder?

IMO...

• seed runes
  • honing
  • refinement
  • costumes with sockets
  • refined cards
  • p2w titles
  • Kafra items

... are all truly unbalanced things, totally unnecessary (or better implemented via skill effects) and often just a lame excuse for better "player skills". That's why it was intended that these things cease to work in Coloseum. So an easy question would be: Why not ban these things from WoE as well? Then no extra seed rune reward is needed and players don't have to fear the SEA merge at all, right? Quite easy! Wouldn't this support "smaller" or "newer" guilds as well?

But to make things even more simple: Why not get rid of these things completely?

If everyone has a +20 weapon, there is no benefit at all in it. And since many players got theirs from "free items" or by farming scarecrows, queens, etc. (instant refinement stones, event infinium or "daily" lucky powder), there shouldn't have been such a high income for WarpPortal either. Instead, these items create a hard limit for every new character (I haven't said "player" on purpose).

The same thing is true for seed runes as well. Originally, the green-seed gear tokens had a higher stat values. So it would have taken a 20% or higher red/blue seedrune to balance out the starting drawback. Somehow that fact got lost in all the QQing about the dayr desert issues. In addition, the gear parts back then gave quite the same stats to every class. And if the runes were planned to be a customization option, the developers should have never made runes tradeable and never implemented rune removers.

In regard of WoE specifically:

Any rewards given to the castle holder should be strictly for WoE use only and should last for as long as that guild owns the castle. Special respawn locations are already one of these "rewards", but there are others imaginable. As it was a mistake to make Coloseum gear useable outside of WoE, permanental WoE rewards like refinement stones, etc. don't help to stabilize the game.

Edited by Greven79, 15 September 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#20 Kirhito

Kirhito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

Haha..nope!

This is stupid suggestion. Ive been reading what most of your guilds posts and they are all pretty much only will benefit youre side.
Ive read a post about nerfing the guardians coz you guys cant take over a fort. Now that youve taken it was it mentioned by the person who wanted it? NOPE! Haha..

Like always you probably should stop only focusing on what you or a group of peoples interest only. The game should be fair to everyone.

Suggesting more imbalanced gameplay to a broken game while you realize your group is in a good position that will benefit this idea is plain stupid and selfish.

Could you suggest this when it was the time you guys couldnt take the castle from the previous owner? Dont think so.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users