1 day a month for free Honor\Valor trades - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

1 day a month for free Honor\Valor trades

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:58 AM

Could be a good idea, just saying.

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:44 AM

i think its difficult to create, but nice idea :)

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

eh. I think it just might cause more frustrations / issues then it solves. Imagine the list of tickets + complaints like
"I wasn't home for the day, trade my stuff please"

or
"I didn't know it was today" etc.

This list could go on and on. 

#4 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

eh. I think it just might cause more frustrations / issues then it solves. Imagine the list of tickets + complaints like
"I wasn't home for the day, trade my stuff please"

or
"I didn't know it was today" etc.

This list could go on and on. 

It´s a nice idea, and you could fix this issue you are claimming easily. Just make that 1 day a month random! and dont announce it, until the same day. So noone is prepared or know when it is going to occur and then you cant complain. (Also add a giant dissclaimer at the end saying complains about this topic will not be answered and done xD)

About how to make the gears tradable for 1 day.. That would need an update the said day i think :P(kinda like revert the patch) and then when the day finishes , another patch takes place making them lock again. (I dont know if this works, its just a suggestion).

Edited by xultrax, 13 September 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

Tho I can understand why people would ask for this, I think it's pretty unlikely to ever happen.  Even if it was possible, as Feuer said, there would always be someone complaining that it wasn't fair because they couldn't log in on that day or w/e.  In this case it's just best to accept that the restrictions are here to stay and then start earning the gear on your other characters if you need to. 

#6 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

The "im not going to be there that day" excuse would be, like i said, just an excuse. If they cant be there too bad, they'll live. Its not like just because i wasnt there on saturday for the super boss i sent a ticket asking for postponing. Not everyone can be 24/7 online.

It could be interesting and helpful. I myself have a courage raptor set stuck on a cleric, i wouldnt mind moving it to my scout or raider. Besides it could help struggling players get decent gear for pvp.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

The "im not going to be there that day" excuse would be, like i said, just an excuse. If they cant be there too bad, they'll live. Its not like just because i wasnt there on saturday for the super boss i sent a ticket asking for postponing. Not everyone can be 24/7 online.

It could be interesting and helpful. I myself have a courage raptor set stuck on a cleric, i wouldnt mind moving it to my scout or raider. Besides it could help struggling players get decent gear for pvp.

Ok really? you didn't say it was an excuse I did, stop giving yourself credit for everything going on around you, seriously. 

Also, why the hell was your courage set on your cleric again? Just curious why you didn't move it when you had a free trade on it, or move it before the locks took place in the first place? Seriously, this seems more self serving then it does for a function call. 

#8 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:37 AM

Ok really? you didn't say it was an excuse I did, stop giving yourself credit for everything going on around you, seriously. 

Also, why the hell was your courage set on your cleric again? Just curious why you didn't move it when you had a free trade on it, or move it before the locks took place in the first place? Seriously, this seems more self serving then it does for a function call. 

I had said it 3 words earlier....I was referring to that....................

My courage set was on cleric because I came back a month ago after a year away from the game, and when my inventory used to be full my cleric used to keep the set so i could trade it for some gear from my inventory when I went to farm.

Honestly I could care less about the courage set, I no longer farm and I could farm in Honor gear anyway. It's just an idea, you just like it or dont, it can help people get gear or maybe it can't. It's gonna get ignored anyway.

ps: leave your personal rage towards me out of every single thread I post in, you're annoying.

Edited by Gojio, 14 September 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

I think a good compromise, would be for the customer service team, to provide one free switch, like they did when you wanted an item unrefined. After that, you're on your own. This would help with those who are just coming back into the game, and don't realize that those gears are now character locked.

#10 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

I took a break during the summer and hadn't logged in for around 3 months and ended up with honor gear stuck on characters I didn't want it on either. Ie my champ has ALL of my honor aurum gear when I would've wanted to put some on my knight and my cleric has ALL of my honor orlean gear when I'd want to put some on my mage. Same goes for my bourgeios and artisan

#11 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

first of all, I think it's a reasonable suggestion considering so many people cannot access their gears anymore. if people aren't there for that one day it would be their loss, they can wait for next month. nobody complains about the pvp game arena daily quests being rotated each day o.O sure, some people might complain, but I think that having this opportunity available at least far outweighs not being there for that one day of the month. now they will be able to get those gears rather than not at all. I think this would make most people grateful, not whine more.

as for awareness, word gets around quickly in the rose community, and it's not difficult to spread awareness facebook, in game announcements, word of mouth, forums are not the only method of getting information. I agree assuming is not really helpful, so maybe don't assume what people may or may not be ok with as fact.

is it possible you could have your input without calling people names? it undermines your arguments and prevents people from listening. also, try not to take every disagreement so personally. this whole thing became a downward spiral because of it -_- not sure where this "violent retaliation" is coming from o.O if you re-read the first few posts, sure he didnt agree with you but he wasn't violent or aggressive to the extent you're being -_-

#12 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

its not like the gears people obtained before these restrictions were not earned o.O

and of course i am assuming, i said "i think" didn't i? YOU are also assuming how people are going to react to this suggestion, "They're going to get pissed when they" etc etc.  im saying we both are making assumptions. you don't have to agree with mine, just like we don't have to agree with yours. thats how discussions work lol. 

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

Earned: 1 Player farms 1 set of gear, on 1 character, shares it with both their alts, then sells [to someone who probly bot farmed for 2 weeks #no effort] who then uses it for their alts, then trades it off, so on and so forth. You see the problem there? 1 Person did the work, dozens of characters get to use it, even if that character didn't earn it. That's what is being prevented. 

Them being pissed, isn't an assumption, it's a hypothesis. One generated from evidence of past examples. There's a difference in assuming you know how people feel about something never done before, vs making an educated guess based on past examples [aka fact]. 

By the way, a discussion, simply means an exchange of words / opinion / signs etc. a discussion in general has no emotional value, what you're attempting to describe, is an argument, that's what a discussion is when people don't agree. Much like a debate doesn't contain emotion, only representation of both sides to see which side has more viability. 

What I would intend to have, is a debate, not an argument, not a discussion. But people can't seem to grasp that concept, so I gave up on it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users