Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

Hey guys,

I am just getting back to playing my GX, im only level 107. THis is my first character I made years ago, and have the urge to get back to being an assasin.

What I want to do: Tons and tons of crit damages.

I saw in south pront the other day and this GX was doing over 10,000 crit damage with basic attacks?!! How was that even possible?

Right now I have a Sapha set, wild beast claws (ugpraded and enchanted), rogues treasure, and I have high Agility and luk, working on upgradting str and vit.

Interested in buying a decent Chakram with Assassin Handcuff to use with my Sapha set. Do you think this is the right step to take? I am level 107 currently. Please tell me what I can do to make my GX amazing.

I should also note, I'm not terribly interested in WoE, looking to MVP eventually. I have about 100-300m willing to spend to get my build on track.

#2 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

Anyone? Lol.

Also, can I put 2 Aunoe cards on my Chakram and have them stack?

I ended up buying a Chakram and Assassins handcuffs.... but im sad not to be using rogues treasure anymore.. so limited with the sapha set.

What cards should I be looking into buying? I also have a +9 rwh that needs a card.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

You'll want to focus on aoe (rolling cutter) gear first before focusing on CRIT since you need to focus on leveling first.

Sapha's set is good on weaker MVPs but you'll need other gears too because Sapha uses the garment slot which will be your main damage reduction source other than armor element.

#4 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

i dunno... critical build is good for 135+ above. (the flee rate of some mobs are really high, DEx stat will be competing  with STR, AGI or INT if your not critical uild). to solve that problem you end-up being a critical build.

but not in level 135 below... i dunno it depends on you...

in leveling-up my low level GX in the past week you need to use alot of skill (90% used) than a normal attack (10% used).

10m exp per/ 30-45mins

lol555552_zpsc68545a6.png

2 scalpel hunter fly+90% steal HP  (5,400 steal HP in level 1 counter slash 5x5 cell 6k damge).

2 M-dagger  (18 SP recover is 2 sec).

I cant tell my new current location

but this is effective in killing agrresive mobs, short range type, many spawning like TI. (I manage to finish wakwak & rider in past TI solo as level 105 everyday).

some players gain 40m in noggrod (lv 90 deleter) in 30mins, i dunno if that's a VIP with BM3

but 10m exp/30-45mins is my mininum exp for my low level GX  when its same level you in the past.

the different is that my LUK is 1 bcoz skill dont crit. (level 5 weapon blocking & level 1 counter slash).

EDIT:

in weapon switching problem...

-you always need to switch in katar to reset the holding of R & L hand in dagger so you can able to use 2dua pairl set of dagger you need.

e.g.

-2 huntefly scalpel (I notice that my SP is 15% left)

- press the katar (if the katar is in place) then follow by pressing M-Dagger 2 times. same goes in getting back 2 scalpel.

and level 5 counter slash is not worth to used , even it has double damge attack compare in level 1 but the SP is 3 times comsume.

I only used that if my HP is 20% below.... to steal 12k HP instantly.

Edited by Spooky34, 13 September 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#5 allastorm

allastorm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

Thank you for the info! I didnt plan on using Daggers though...

#6 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

i dunno  but still depends on you

there are some level 135 below GX still grinding exp in critical damage (LUK stat ↑)

1 by 1 killing high HP mobs. but the damage in so high in those critical GX. (but i dont have info how many exp in 30mins, and if they really do it manually 1 by 1 grinding or they are bots).

#7 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

Spooky I have given your above posts a like =P

#8 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

Spooky I have given your above posts a like =P

thanks 

-I sold my scalpel so i can use malicious  sandstrom[4]/desert[2] (+10 HIT)

w/ oni horns  (ATK+ 20, HIT + 5.) badly need hit stat 410 :pif: 

#9 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

spooky, i also want to make counter slash GX (after i 150 my chaser, now 148). i encourage you to make a guide, u seem to have good research about counter slash.

Edited by fuyukikun, 16 September 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#10 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

hmm why use malicious when  you can have proper racial cards and do alot more dmg for counter slash?

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

hmm why use malicious when you can have proper racial cards and do alot more dmg for counter slash?

cutting pots usage i think

#12 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Using counter slash means eating hits from mobs. Sometimes it procs quickly, while sometimes it never procs and you die...

To increase survivability, hunter fly cards are very useful. With earth deleter in armor and tons of HF cards(I use 7) you can use oni horns for damage while at the same time be able to survive hardly using any pots.

Element should be taken advantage of as much as possible. As a gauge, with the right element I do 13k or so as a level 104 GX with the right element without EDP. With EDP, damage roughly doubles to 26k.

Oh, and that's without using racial cards, purely hunter fly cards. 3 in mainhand twin edge and 4 on offhand main gauche.

#13 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

Using counter slash means eating hits from mobs. Sometimes it procs quickly, while sometimes it never procs and you die...

To increase survivability, hunter fly cards are very useful. With earth deleter in armor and tons of HF cards(I use 7) you can use oni horns for damage while at the same time be able to survive hardly using any pots.

Element should be taken advantage of as much as possible. As a gauge, with the right element I do 13k or so as a level 104 GX with the right element without EDP. With EDP, damage roughly doubles to 26k.

Oh, and that's without using racial cards, purely hunter fly cards. 3 in mainhand twin edge and 4 on offhand main gauche.

^ weapon block still activate even mob hit is miss. (I haven't try this in 100 perfect dodge maybe soon xD).  

cutting pots usage i think

I still do bring HP potion but in low as 15% count. especially if my HP down by 5% HP less.

because sometimes hunter-fly is less active in counter slash IF the mobs around you is 1-2mobs. 

( in 5hrs grinding Exp in certain map like kobold mobs.. i died 1-2 times). 

In this past photo its a close call because of that lag, almost die in minimum 5 kobold (but Im sure gonna die if that's 1-2 mobs around me, bcoz HF card less active in counter slash if around 1-2 few mobs around me is gonna hit.) but if not lag i can survive more than 12 kobold at once. 

HF1_zps8648449f.png

my Counter slash level 5 in the past is weak (I only got 11k HP steal).

Edited by Spooky34, 17 September 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#14 Mnm10

Mnm10

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Can you use a +9 RWH as a substitute for HF weapons?

#15 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

not to knock on anyones build/playstyle but yea hunter fly on both weaps sounds overkill

#16 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:59 AM

It does seem overkill to have so many HF cards, but I have actually managed to die before due to the blocking not working...

I am aware that dodging will sill proc blocking, but when you're mobbed it doesn't matter; you will end up eating hits anyway.

Based on my experiences, I feel that pdodge doesn't proc blocking. I can't say it was an accurate test, but I haven't seen it proc on my pdodge yet and it felt like it activated fewer times, so I swapped to main gauche instead.

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:21 AM

triple mali RTE+vanargand+shield rather than quad mali MG offhand? anyone?

#18 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

You could do that, though your counter slash damage would drop a lot since you aren't wearing the oni horns headgear. 50% is a huge amount after all...

Mobs I could 1 shot previously become 2-shots if I switch to vana, and sometimes 2 shots with the horns becomes 4 shots without, depending on the mob you're fighting against.

If you don't mind using a lot of pots, you could ignore using leech gears and instead focus on firepower so you can 1-shot everything easily though. I'm considering the idea of using a shield but I'm not sure how it would work out. Just have to try I guess.

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 18 September 2014 - 05:34 AM.

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

interested in seeing how viable this would be in scarabas.  would the 7x HF route or pure dmg route work better?

#20 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

The gap in damage is as follows:

With blue twin and oni horns, roughly 15~16k ish.

with vanargand helm instead, 7.5~8.5k~ish.

Based on this, we should consider that the damage we do would roughly double on scarabas as well when using the horns. With EDP I hit the deleters for 30~32k ish at the moment.

Element seems to have an extra huge effect for the damage. Perhaps it's the way the horns increase the damage? On neutral targets I do 1.5x the damage as compared to without the horns. Weird.

80k on scarabas sounds very much possible if we use a similar setup in the video, except with oni horns for headgear. Biggest issue I'm facing now is sp though.

#21 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Wouldn't RTE be better on scarabas since they're all earth property?

#22 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

Yes it is. I was using blue because magma dungeon had mainly fire enemies...

Sorry for the confusion @_@

I was hitting deleters there and comparing damage. On the other hand, the nightmare terrors were a bit weird. Damage with the horns did 6~7k ish(due to shadow property and water weapon), so I expected to be able to 1-shot them with edp, but damage only went up to 7~8k ish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users