Is this really justified? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is this really justified?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Digs

Digs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:26 AM

During the Sept. 5 rollback, the server reset left my characters and a few friends' stuck in limbo inside the GH instance. When we got Oda to remove them from the instance, I discovered that a +12 Double AK Carga Mace disappeared. While inside GH, I dropped the carga mace from one of my characters for my sura to pick up. This item belonged to a friend, so I immediately submitted a ticket asking the GM team to recover it.

Now this was the first reply I got back from the GM team:

Greetings, 

Please know that on 9/5/2014, the server of Renewal for Ragnarok Online was rolled back to 4am at 12:30pm PST due to server instability issues that occurred. An exp event was implemented immediately following this rollback to compensate for time lost. I am unfortunately unable to compensate further for this matter with regards to experience, zeny or items lost. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

I asked the GM team to look into it more, asking them to review the item logs/trades between characters, and to no avail, I got the same response.

Hello,

I am terribly sorry but as previously stated, unfortunately, we are unable to provide further restorations for this issue. I seek for your understanding regarding this matter. If you have any unrelated concerns or questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

I then asked them the reason for drying the item recovery, stating that the item had been on the server for months, that it existed prior to the rollback,not gained at the time, and that it makes no sense for them not to be able to check the trade logs and recover it.

Greetings, 

Please know that I have forwarded your request on for further review but unfortunately the restorations with any items lost during the rollback has been denied. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thank you

In my latest reply I repeating everything that happened, and also stating that Campitor mentioned himself in this forum post http://forums.warppo...toragecart-bug/, that all items that disappeared during the rollback should be restored.

Hello!

I understand your concern regarding your missing items due to the 9/5 rollback issue, however we reviewed your request and I am sorry to inform you that we cannot restore your items. We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

Should you have further concerns or questions, feel free to contact us again anytime.

Thank you.

Can anyone tell me how or why the GM's response to this situation is justified? Does anyone know the reasoning behind their interpretation of a policy that I am not aware of?

#2 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:39 AM

The CM's will be in the office in a couple hours, just PM Oda/Camp and see if they can check logs themselves and pull any strings.

Good luck.

#3 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

Well, their resolution of this matter is far from perfect.

#4 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

It sounds like it's your own fault for drop trading an item instead of using the trade window. 

#5 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

I discovered that a +12 Double AK Carga Mace disappeared. While inside GH, I dropped the carga mace

Why would you drop a +12 (anything) AK Carga mace?

I mean, red potions is one thing, but a +12 Carga mace - and in an instance? IN RO?

No offense but that's asking for trouble...

#6 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

Why would you drop a +12 (anything) AK Carga mace?

I mean, red potions is one thing, but a +12 Carga mace - and in an instance? IN RO?

No offense but that's asking for trouble...

Or maybe people don't expect gravity to throw a roll back that moment.

In hindsight, if the person knew there were going to be rollbacks, of course they wouldn't drop it. But an unexpected server problem caused an unsuspected player to do something that cause them to lose a valuable item of theirs.

Blame it on the servers, not the victims.

#7 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

did you just recently acquire the item? if you already have it before 4am PST on september 5 then after rollback it should've been on the inventory of the original holder. before that time. anything that happened between 4am to time issue was fixed was reverted back to original status at 4am. i don't know but i'm not really buying "losing" this item.

#8 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

the problem is that  at 4am PST his chars was in the GH instance. The trade had occured IN the instance.

And they were locked in the instance when the rollback happened and server was restored. And had to be moved out of the instance by GMs. 

Before the rollback occured the item was successfully returned to the owner but because of the rollback, the item was deemed not returned, therefore not in possession on the original owner any longer, but could not be found on any of his chars either. everything else that he borrowed was returned and could be found after rollback except this one item. 

It is an item that's been on existence on this server for years prior to this and have survived renewal server merges, so the item is not a new item in any sense possible. 

Edited by WeissCeres, 15 September 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#9 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

if that was the case then the items should be returned then.

#10 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

Yeah forward it to the CM.

#11 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

I'm not saying anything should be done about the lost item... I just think it would be cautious

to avoid dropping anything of value on the ground, at any given time - In RO.

Drop trading has always been a big no-no in this game. Nothing new honestly.

Any veteran will confirm this to be true, if they're honest.

#12 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm not calling OP a liar, but I just find it funny how every time there is a rollback someone just happened to drop a rare item, or just happens to get an MVP card or w/e.

While we are on topic, I brewed 5 million slims right before rollback. Will GMs please fix the alchemist list to show that I am #1 alchemist?

And also magically create a storage that will hold 5m slims.

#13 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

^ Yes, because these serious server issues never cause issues. ...........

#14 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

^ Yes, because these serious server issues never cause issues. ...........

Of course they do, but c'mon. How often do you just drop a +12 anything on the ground? Yet whenever a rollback occurs, we get a bunch of post like this, and I'm sure there are 20 tickets sent in we never even hear about.

Again, not calling OP a liar, I just think it's quite a coincidence, don't you?

#15 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

Lol, sadly I am the outlier of that argument....I myself drop expensive crap all the time....never really on purpose though. I just think benefit of the doubt but I may be too nice =[

#16 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

During the Sept. 5 rollback, the server reset left my characters and a few friends' stuck in limbo inside the GH instance. When we got Oda to remove them from the instance, I discovered that a +12 Double AK Carga Mace disappeared. While inside GH, I dropped the carga mace from one of my characters for my sura to pick up. This item belonged to a friend, so I immediately submitted a ticket asking the GM team to recover it.

Now this was the first reply I got back from the GM team:

I asked the GM team to look into it more, asking them to review the item logs/trades between characters, and to no avail, I got the same response.

I then asked them the reason for drying the item recovery, stating that the item had been on the server for months, that it existed prior to the rollback,not gained at the time, and that it makes no sense for them not to be able to check the trade logs and recover it.

In my latest reply I repeating everything that happened, and also stating that Campitor mentioned himself in this forum post http://forums.warppo...toragecart-bug/, that all items that disappeared during the rollback should be restored.

Can anyone tell me how or why the GM's response to this situation is justified? Does anyone know the reasoning behind their interpretation of a policy that I am not aware of?

I have asked the GM team to look into your case because the item existed long before the rollback issue (2012 I believe) and this isn't a case of a trade/vend reversed. Instead due to the drop trade the item went *poof* and no one has it. That being said. Please don't ever drop trade an item. I personally have seen too many tickets where an item that was being drop traded was eaten by a monster, picked up by other players, lost due to lag, lost due to the user not logging into the second account quickly enough. Its just not worth the risk. 

#17 Digs

Digs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

Yeah forward it to the CM.

I did send Campitor a PM a couple of days ago, but I don't think he's read it yet. I've been checking everyday :/

Of course they do, but c'mon. How often do you just drop a +12 anything on the ground? Yet whenever a rollback occurs, we get a bunch of post like this, and I'm sure there are 20 tickets sent in we never even hear about.

Again, not calling OP a liar, I just think it's quite a coincidence, don't you?

I traded the carga mace back to the owner after the instance. The rollback just happened to place us back INSIDE the instance, causing us to ticket to get them out of there. I wouldn't be so naive as to drop a valuable item in a place without people I know, but then again I do admit that wasn't the best decision.

#18 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

man, i drop trade so many gods and mvps in instances lmao

Digs, it seems like you guys were just so unlucky that the exact time they rolled you back was the precise moment you dropped the carga.

#19 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

Personally, from responses I've gotten to tickets, there doesn't seem to be tons of consistency from one GM to the next most of the time. Almost like a lot of the stuff they are just winging.

#20 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Personally, from responses I've gotten to tickets, there doesn't seem to be tons of consistency from one GM to the next most of the time. Almost like a lot of the stuff they are just winging.

Honestly the best practice is to just keep ticketing until you get a GM that lets you do what you want to do. I know so many people that skirted rules like that for server transfers back in the day.

#21 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

I am way too lazy to keep ticketing because Summoner glitched out on me. I got the EMB used back, but the 7 day wait they said I need to be patient about.

#22 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

Drac, before you go sitting and waiting and then SCREAMING when 7 days never expires.

Make instance on an alt acct or have friend make the instance as leader and bring you along, this erases the glitch

#23 Digs

Digs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

I have asked the GM team to look into your case because the item existed long before the rollback issue (2012 I believe) and this isn't a case of a trade/vend reversed. Instead due to the drop trade the item went *poof* and no one has it. That being said. Please don't ever drop trade an item. I personally have seen too many tickets where an item that was being drop traded was eaten by a monster, picked up by other players, lost due to lag, lost due to the user not logging into the second account quickly enough. Its just not worth the risk. 

Found the carga in my inventory just now. Thanks for doing this, and yes, I'll remember not to drop any more items in instances. :p_swt:

#24 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

Damn, this was my normal method of trading for a long time between my alts and mains. I felt like doing the trade window thing took too long. 

I don't know if this is a good method between player to player though. I mean, before the server started screwing up and it was safe to drop things like this, I would only recommend it between player to player if there weren't anyone else around to pick up your -_-. Or if you were around a lot of friends you could trust. But this was in an instance with your friend OP, so I can see how you thought it would be safe.

For me though, everytime I dropped something for someone else,(mainly noobs to help them out), in a town or maybe a field, they would let the item sit on the ground for five -_- minutes before they picked it up, either wondering if they were suppose to pick it up(even if I let them know beforehand in some kind of way), or their reflexes not being fast enough to click on the item before someone coincidentally swooped by at the moment to pick it up(this would happen to many times).

In any case, I'm glad to see you had your problem resolved. The GMs should be able to take care of something as minor as this or I would lose even more faith in them.

#25 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Taking the server stability condition and the random lag spikes either server or user side it would be wise to add a frequent yellow announcement in game to warn of the consequences of dropping items and gears to trade. While its fast to do so in the user's eyes its just not worth the trouble if something gone wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users