Is this really justified? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is this really justified?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

Hope you get your item back! I drop trade to myself all the time and if an item had been taken away from me because of a server side issue I would be furious. You were in an instance, meaning a controlled environment in terms of who else was there. Happy that CMs do take a part in issues like these so that they can be rectified when deserving.

#27 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Taking the server stability condition and the random lag spikes either server or user side it would be wise to add a frequent yellow announcement in game to warn of the consequences of dropping items and gears to trade. While its fast to do so in the user's eyes its just not worth the trouble if something gone wrong.

No, please!  Do not make that suggestion! The server's already flooded with global warnings, especially during WoE, that I hardly notice them any more, including the global announcements stating that an event is about to start.

This thread should serve as warning enough to the forum users. The ones who don't use the forums can fill out tickets. But please, don't add more announcements.

#28 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

The server's already flooded with global warnings

At the moment, It looks like 1 GM global announcement per an hour or so, I won't call that a flood. Warning threads never worked perfectly, from what I have seen players hop on forums after falling into some big mess to inquire or whine. Well timed In-game announcements are a must these days.

#29 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

He got the item back arleady.

I saw in really rare cases like these, items should be recovered. By I can understand that GMs can't restore everything on every character gotten after rollback (too much work). Increased rates are the only easy "solution" to compensate.

Dropping is never a good idea imo. Imagine you drop an item and your mouse batteries go empty and the item disappears because of timeout.

#30 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

Wireless mouses < wired

#31 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

use the touchpad if your mouse dies?

the only things i ever drop trade are things like pumpkins or carrots. stuff i wouldn't mind losing. (only exception is BBs when i'm giving them to the sura in a BB party.) everything else i always use the trade window, even if doing a bunch of little trades between my own chars.

#32 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:32 AM

I don't know what kind of wireless mice you people are using, but my tiny pretty red Logitech can go for a year between battery changes. 

#33 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

I don't know what kind of wireless mice you people are using, but my tiny pretty red Logitech can go for a year between battery changes. 

Less about battery life, more about input lag. At least from my perspective.

#34 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hmm, never had that kind of lag unless the batteries were low. I guess I'm fortunate. 

#35 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

Had my logitech mouse/keyboard combo almost 2 years(both wireless) replaced batteries in Mouse once...never replaced batteries yet in keyboard. Did I mention I never actually turn them off?

Also, I never drop trade any more. Used to when I first started and didn't have money for storage...but now with my alt accounts I transfer that way.

#36 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

since you can open multiple clients anyway, idk why some ppl still drop stuff. just open two clients and trade with the other account by yourself.

#37 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

Way back it was(as far as I remember) frowned upon to have more than one client open, and even for having more than one account(which I think I'm remembering wrong). I only had one account when I did drop trading. And even then it was very rare for me to do it.

#38 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

i used to play ro1 with two clients open, alt-tabbing like mad in mid TI between my ranger and AB. it was chaos. haha.

#39 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

i used to play ro1 with two clients open, alt-tabbing like mad in mid TI between my ranger and AB. it was chaos. haha.

This is totally off topic, but I have to ask, did white shorts win that fight in your sig? Those are some pretty epic dodge skills.

#40 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

Only two clients? I've done three. Wanderer, Maestro, and Baby AB...all in same party. And baby was the only healer keeping people alive. Was actually rather fun.

#41 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

This is totally off topic, but I have to ask, did white shorts win that fight in your sig? Those are some pretty epic dodge skills.

that's 35y/o muhammad ali vs 19y/o michael dokes in a 3 round exhibition match in 1977. not sure if someone won but it does remind me of my early years of playing ragnarok (circa 2003). me being a low dex knight fighting a 99 agi assassin xD

Only two clients? I've done three. Wanderer, Maestro, and Baby AB...all in same party. And baby was the only healer keeping people alive. Was actually rather fun.

oh wow that was insane. i could barely handle mid TI between ranger and ab. tabbing between AS and heal. i died a lot too. haha

Edited by TontonAlarcon, 17 September 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#42 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

Only reason I could do it though was wanderer using Gk and Maestro using Strings. Was a camping party.

#43 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:14 AM

that's like 1 and a half clients :P

#44 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:25 AM

Lol, Ali was giving him that rope a dope.

I wanted at one time to make that my avatar, but I decided no because way too many people I have seen on other forums had it.

#45 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:08 AM

from what you're describing, i am not sure why that would constitute a perma ban.  It looks like you've raised a support ticket already, try PMing Campitor or Oda with it and see if they can help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users