Question regarding etiquette in TI - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question regarding etiquette in TI

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

*sigh*  

See mob and start killing.  :p_idea:

See grimtooth spikes.   :p_swt:

No one goes home happy.

#27 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

Officially KSing is terrible in TI, but unofficially if you are standing in the recruit area, or if the homun party is parked in the recruit area, it's fairly accepted that things are going to die by whatever random hand that sees them first. A party with strong homuns should move out farther if they're really concerned about kill counts.

If you're elsewhere in a map, try to avoid other parties and especially soloers unless they ask for help. I would rather die than have someone 'help' me repeatedly by sniping the monsters I was perfectly capable of killing.

Also, people need to learn how to mob. So many times this week I've been mobtrained by a lazy peco. My rule has always been if it's hitting me, I will kill it. However, this depends on the monster. If it's a messy monster that switches I usually wing away.

And a final note, don't solo with grimtooth in TI. Just don't do it.

This. Mostly the parts about staying clear of other parties, and rather die than be "helped" when it isn't needed. Heck, if there is a party in my way when leveling my RK, soloing and pulling mobs to get more or get off gutterlines, I would usually wing because they are in the way and I could collect more and move faster than most parties do.

Edit: And those Grimtooth users...usually dropping mobs on me and trying to skill said mob. Then cry because they are basically breaking Terms of Service by dropping mobs on others so the random person they see tanks their mob without asking if they will(if I recall back in 07-09 it was HIGHLY frowned upon and bannable offence).

Edited by Draciolus, 16 September 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

I remember when I used to solo TIs because parties wouldn't take a useless class.

Same parties that would KS me after refusing on the basis of job class.... 

A lot of grimtooth users are freaking stupid I'll admit that, but in an atmosphere were you are just winging around from kill to kill, it takes about the same amount of time to see the "grimtooth!!" words as it does to see another player and doesn't really make the mob any less valid because they are using an actual skill belonging to the class.

Talking about the mob switching to you in a gwingfest is stupid, just wing away like you would from any other mob............... or not because it's a TI and people in TIs are pretty much terrible people.

#29 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

agree with xellie on this one

#30 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

Usually when they would drop it on me I'm already gathering a mob into a congested stack so I can BB them, the sin usually walks onto screen, cloaks, and then proceeds to to Grimtooth mobs already on me. Usually ehile waiting for his mobs to get attached to me.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Well yeah he's dumb in that case.

But then again, you dunno how many times a sin has had their mob stolen by LKs. I know it happened to me a lot and there reaches a point where the mindset becomes "KS them all because they're gonna be jerks anyway."

Not justifying it, just know there are always two sides to it.

#32 Karaisoke

Karaisoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

I feel like being butt hurt over your homun getting "KSed" in a TI "wait area" is someone being nit picky or don't really understand how it works down there. I feel like you can just "Hey. Sorry man." and move to the other side. Unless you are actively following people and taking their kills, it's not that big of a deal. We all have to set our homuns to KS anyway. It's mostly just a free for all and it's a beautiful system. Whiners ruin it for everyone. 

#33 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

TI shoudl be abolished and increase monsters in all the maps

#34 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:17 PM

TI shoudl be abolished and increase monsters in all the maps

This till the end of time. And proportion the EXP gained from some of the higher level mobs if possible, since the EXP they give normally is such crap.

#35 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

I think we're beating a dead horse with that one. :v

#36 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

It still has some air left in it though(and will until I quit for good).

#37 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Then I wasn't talking to you :P

I have three genetics, a biochemist, and several alchemists, but I have never afk'd a single one of them.

Two of them were 99'd before homunculus or renewal ever even happened, so I get a little annoyed in this day and age when leveling is 100x easier than it used to be, when I see lazy afkemists. Especially the ones who complain that leveling is so slow. 

That I have to agree with. When I see anyone say leveling is slow (That are playing renewal) I'm like :p_err: Your Kidding right?

#38 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Only thing I find slow leveling wise in Renewal, is job levels above 40-ish 3rd class. But that is really all I find to be slower at leveling....almost like trying to get from 98-99 back when those were the highest levels(pre-Trans release). It seems like it takes forever(and it sort of does if you don't play every day, every hour), but it really does fly by when you have the right party/leveling area.

#39 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

This till the end of time.

A land without TIs must exist somewhere, in the endless Star Ocean.

#40 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Somewhere, across time and space...let's all hop into this conveniently placed Blue Police Call Box, and find it, shall we? Never know what adventures you might come across in one of them there boxes.

#41 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

I only KS people when they are just off screen, and I barely see a mob(not intentionally KSing, but accidentally because I don't see the person just off screen), or when they walk their mob onto the tank that's in my party. I try not to KS people, but I do admit, it does happen every now and then. I try to say sorry to the ones I do accidentally KS, but unfortunately, some party leaders like to really spam the GWings.

So do you plan to stop doing that or is it already some kind of habit of yours?

#42 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Stop doing what? Your question needs a bit more clarification since there  is a bunch of different info on what you quoted.

#43 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Somewhere, across time and space...let's all hop into this conveniently placed Blue Police Call Box, and find it, shall we? Never know what adventures you might come across in one of them there boxes.

Nonono! Wrong reference!

I meant this:

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 16 September 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#44 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, but there are some much better adventures when there is a mad man in a blue box....

And now I want to play that game again...I don't think I ever even finished it. o.o

#45 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

Stop doing what? Your question needs a bit more clarification since there  is a bunch of different info on what you quoted.

Shooting monsters that are at the edge of your screen.

#46 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, I try not to, but sometimes there are a bunch that look like they are idle and are so tempting, and that's sometimes when I accidentally KS people. It's like a 50/50 of me KSing someone, or getting them while they are actually idle.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:39 AM

A land without TIs must exist somewhere, in the endless Star Ocean.

Greetings from the land where TI are an unpopular lifestyle choice, not a necessity.

Edited by Xellie, 17 September 2014 - 01:56 AM.

#48 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:41 AM

Should I Kill This Monster?

Is the monster an MVP? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster summoned from a Dead Branch or Bloody Branch? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster from Hocus Pocus or from Polymorphing? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster currently attacking you? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster idle and not attacking anyone? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster not an MVP, from a DB, BB, Hocus Pocus or Polymorphed, being tanked by someone else, and they have specifically asked you for help in killing the monster / are in your party? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster not an MVP, from a DB, BB, Hocus Pocus or Polymorphed and attacking someone else or their Homunculus? -----> LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

Is the monster not an MVP, from a DB, BB, Hocus Pocus or Polymorphed and moving toward someone else or their Homunculus? -----> LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

Special cases arise if people are holding up the spawn by not killing what they're tanking (coughcough HPs holding Mini Valks for their party to kill eventually coughcough) or holding up the spawn by gathering large mobs, but those cases are more for the CMs / GMs to decide on.

I use poison is that ok :)

And a final note, don't solo with grimtooth in TI. Just don't do it. 

I use grimtooth ALOT. I pull a mob to a corner then grimtooth. People would come and attack it while I'm attacking it. By the time some one ks me,  i do enough damage that i get the kills for them anyway so when ever some one does do it i just send them a pm thanking them for helping me get the kill counts. and for some reason they get mad for helping me. Well news flash! Don't attack a monster if you don't want to help me get kill counts my grimtoothe is stronger than u. Infidel!

#49 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

I use poison is that ok :)

I use grimtooth ALOT. I pull a mob to a corner then grimtooth. People would come and attack it while I'm attacking it. By the time some one ks me,  i do enough damage that i get the kills for them anyway so when ever some one does do it i just send them a pm thanking them for helping me get the kill counts. and for some reason they get mad for helping me. Well news flash! Don't attack a monster if you don't want to help me get kill counts my grimtoothe is stronger than u. Infidel!

you only get credit if you get the killing blow; you could have inflicted 99% dmg on the monster but if some guy walks onto screen and does an AoE you don't end up with the count; you would end up with the bulk of the exp but that's it...

you've just been lucky enough to get the last hit most of the time.

#50 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

Should I Kill This Monster?

Is the monster an MVP? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster summoned from a Dead Branch or Bloody Branch? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster from Hocus Pocus or from Polymorphing? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster currently attacking you? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster idle and not attacking anyone? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster not an MVP, from a DB, BB, Hocus Pocus or Polymorphed, being tanked by someone else, and they have specifically asked you for help in killing the monster / are in your party? -----> KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Is the monster not an MVP, from a DB, BB, Hocus Pocus or Polymorphed and attacking someone else or their Homunculus? -----> LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

Is the monster not an MVP, from a DB, BB, Hocus Pocus or Polymorphed and moving toward someone else or their Homunculus? -----> LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

Special cases arise if people are holding up the spawn by not killing what they're tanking (coughcough HPs holding Mini Valks for their party to kill eventually coughcough) or holding up the spawn by gathering large mobs, but those cases are more for the CMs / GMs to decide on.

^

So TI = KS-able

Thanks for stating that when camp said it wasn't with that altered chart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users