RO2 Upgrade

6 replies to this topic

#1 Hendrick10

Hendrick10

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Just make it monster leveling like the first RO and this game would be ideal!  :thumb2: 

#2 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

That's how it is right now.

And everyone hates it.

#3 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, the grind phases on Condor/Muka/Osi are so reminiscent of RO1 levelling parties. I don't love them, but I don't dislike them either. :v

#4 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

To elaborate on my opinion, there's no point to monster grinding unless  there's a lot of content.

That is: lots of options. Maps with different characteristics that favor some classes and builds over others, different options for each group and some stuff to get on the side that might make you choose an option instead of another.

Variety. Options. Incentives. Otherwise, monster grinding is just a long, boring, repetitive, neverending task.

#5 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Not a bad idea to make the grinding feels like RO since the devs already dipped one of their feet into that with ML.  

#6 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:50 AM

To elaborate on my opinion, there's no point to monster grinding unless  there's a lot of content.

That is: lots of options. Maps with different characteristics that favor some classes and builds over others, different options for each group and some stuff to get on the side that might make you choose an option instead of another.

Variety. Options. Incentives. Otherwise, monster grinding is just a long, boring, repetitive, neverending task.

I absolutely agree.

When I started the game, the thing that disappointed me most was the missing variety between monsters. Sure, I fought flips, porings, etc., but they all had the same stats and no significant special. A 'baby' monster has the same stats as a normal monster, a pagan priest the same hitpoints as a warrior. That's extremely lame.

Later, when you hunt condors, mukas, etc., there is no real variety either. In fact, it's just 'luring-n-AoEing'. Of all the skills a class has, you only need one. That's what I call 'killing a game'.

Just imagine, if the Condors / PecoPecos were runners. That means that they will flee as soon as an enemy approaches rather than fighting. That would make it difficult for melee classes to hunt them, but quite easy for stealth characters. And if the KI would be good, it would be a hell of a fun to invite some frineds to go out for a "chicken-hunt".

On contrast, Gorems / Golems could be really, really tough. They could have a resistance against ranged attacks, against critical hits and/or an immunity against DoTs. (Would also work, If skills would have a certain element - not just weapons).

Finally, Scorpions could have a deadly poison (even a stackable one) and the ability to "burrow" themselves (either getting a high damage reduction or becoming invisible for a few sec). In that way, they can wait for the poison to do the maximum effect.

But there are other options as well:

I made a test recently, to check how much MPs I'll get when I do the Sandstorm H // Sandarman H dungeon. At weekends, it's ~1.5 MP per monster. On contrast, I'll get ~3.0 MP per Condor (and they have a certain element). IMO, that's a lot of unused potential. I'd love to do RHD (random hard dungeons) instead. Even SpHD (specific hard dungeons) would do the trick... as well as the typical raid dungeons like PvE, Bapho, CoA, AoD and CD.

That's why I suggested to make the Dayr Desert ML11+ only, but it suffice, if these dungeons would grant a similar amount of MPs per hour.

You could even revive the Union Quest system just by changing the rewards (or the stats of the reward).

But it all comes down to how 'buggy' the game really is. If it's well done, it should be as easy to to change gear stats, drop chances, rewards as modifying an Excel sheet. And it should be an easy copy-&-paste thing to give a monster a certain special attack. Then, all it would take is an ambitious programmer who wants to spend a weekend to improve the game significantly... and in a stress-free way that isn't just bug-fixing.

#7 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

I'd love to do RHD (random hard dungeons) instead. Even SpHD (specific hard dungeons) would do the trick... as well as the typical raid dungeons like PvE, Bapho, CoA, AoD and CD.

i think 90% of the player base agree on that

devs if you could make that happen a lot more people would play this game

i miss rhds, i really really do

i miss all that content that was great and it's useless today 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users