The Great Leveling Game: Round Two Registration Now Open! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Great Leveling Game: Round Two Registration Now Open!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Okay, it's that time again. Although we lost Tea, our guild leader, I recreated the guild and got a handful of the current members to join. We are still in the process of cleaning up this messy situation, but we feel it's time to start moving on. Therefore, without any further delay, ROUND TWO HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN! (Sorry for no fancy text formatting or anything.) New recruits can get a hold of one of the current members in the guild for an invite.

Rules for new recruits:

-No alts allowed. You cannot borrowing zeny or items from alts, nor can you use an alt for buffs, vending or leaching. You can, however, ask a guild member to vend for you. The ONLY exception is using an alt for storage too keep from mixing up items with other characters on the same account.

-No asking for help from outside friends or members of any guild your alts are in. You can ask for help from new people you meet or from one of us. This is to emphasize meeting new people.

-No Kafra Shop.

-No upgrading using anything except regular elu and ori. (No HDs, enriched, or safe certs.)

-No Eden Group, bounty boards, Eden boards, etc.

-No battle manuals or any other leveling aides.

-Have fun!

If interested in this challenge, Leave a post with the name of your character and a screenshot of your newly created character on the boat headed to Izlude.

Rules for those transcending:

The rules get a little relaxed, due to how expensive gear can get. So here are the changes:

-Your allowed to have 1 alt. It can be whatever you want. I'd prefer it not be in the guild, but SHOULD follow GLG guidelines. This could be a priest you can use to buff yourself with, or (preferably) a merchant for vending.

Current members:

HeronMarked BladeMaster/FeralKitty

maskros/stabby pants

`Aevrian Zullich

Bubble Keychain

~ Xerafina ~

Zariana

Kenta Musashino

Zaraash

RynaGLG

*+YukiCross+* (Ezra's new Character)

Slania

Zhairus

Ai Konsong

Emizel~

Kebob Bun

Stoop Kid

Sadore

Xandak Darksbane

That's all I can think of off the bat. If you have any questions of any feedback, let one of us know.

Edited by belld1711, 27 September 2014 - 11:31 PM.

#2 Kersya

Kersya

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

Yay overlook XD

You forgot me in the members list

#3 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Joining the new guild tomorrow (and still haven't hit 99) >_< I'm kinda got distracted perfecting my Kagero lol, sorry.

#4 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yay overlook XD

Fixed. I think your character joined around the same time I made that post. Spike, if your on, at least log into your character so I can invite you. lol We tried to wait for everyone to hit 99, but we couldn't any more. We figure the easiest way to fix the situation was to get going with the second registration. A more active guild invites people to be more active, ya know?

#5 Lexy1016

Lexy1016

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

I wish things would stop changing every few mins >.< First it was about the transing together that I have now missed.. and now some of the rules too. I don't think we should be allowed Overlook as that is part of Eden group and that was a big no-no before - am just worried that it doesn't encourage the people from first round to play with the new people?

Either way, it'll be great to have new people in the guild :)

Zariana

[Edit: forgot my name]

Edited by Lexy1016, 18 September 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

I wish things would stop changing every few mins >.< First it was about the transing together that I have now missed.. and now some of the rules too. I don't think we should be allowed Overlook as that is part of Eden group and that was a big no-no before - am just worried that it doesn't encourage the people from first round to play with the new people?

Pre-Trans chars are NOT allowed to utilize Eden whatsoever. Post-Trans, considering how HARD it will take, are allowed to utilize SOME, not all, Eden thingies.

#7 Zaraya9

Zaraya9

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:24 PM

I'm not happy with the new rules either, things have now changed a lot from when we all started.  I agree with Zariana about Overlook as this means we won't be able to level with any new people joining the challenge.

I was also going to make a new char for round 2 but as I see second chars aren't welcome in the guild I won't be bothering although I see some exceptions have been made.

Pre-Trans chars are NOT allowed to utilize Eden whatsoever. Post-Trans, considering how HARD it will take, are allowed to utilize SOME, not all, Eden thingies.

Transing is not hard, and if the original idea was that no Eden Group was allowed, then we should have stuck to it.  This is meant to be a challenge after all and if it's now made so much easier then it stops being a challenge.  What next... TIs allowed when we hit third class?  

~ Xerafina ~

#8 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

Transing is not hard, and if the original idea was that no Eden Group was allowed, then we should have stuck to it.  This is meant to be a challenge after all and if it's now made so much easier then it stops being a challenge.  What next... TIs allowed when we hit third class?

I don't really mind about it in general. Some or no Eden at all, I'd still try to participate.

#9 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yay overlook XD

I have not forgotten you.... You delicious tasty Zaraash!!! :D :rice:

I see the gods gave you new arms and legs... Thats good! :D :p_laugh:

I am looking forward to eat you again.... :gg:

Jokes aside...

I am kind of slightly concern about the overlook dungeon as well because, it will kind of ruin the point of having the sense of adventure! Thats just my concern.... :ani_swt3:

Edited by LawrenzTyr18, 19 September 2014 - 12:41 AM.

#10 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, I think that as much as I like how fast Overlook is, I am not going to use it on maskros. Besides, Overlook is VIP only and that just isn't fair to those who aren't VIP.

I have an aco in there just in case nobody new joins wanting to be a priest. If we get another priest or two, the aco is out.

I will log in and hang out in Izlude for a little bit for anyone new wanting to join, after that I will take her out leveling but can still be pm'd if someone wants in.

Edited by rockymom, 19 September 2014 - 12:47 AM.

#11 puref2p

puref2p

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

OvsPliy.jpg?1

Hello people! Aspiring Knight Here!

IGN: RynaGLG

EDIT: How do I put images on my post? I keep getting an error message that the image extension I'm using is not allowed :/

EDIT: NVM found it!

Edited by puref2p, 19 September 2014 - 02:34 AM.

#12 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Thanks and welcome to our 5 new members that have joined today so far. I will be back on again later to see if there are more people looking to join us. It's really pretty fun.

#13 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

Overlook isn't really Eden, it's a VIP perk that even non-VIPs can use (with a reset stone.) I didn't consider the cost to Non-VIPs, so I'll remove it.

I just figured it was a one-time thing, and it would be a good way of getting a phen card for magic users who'll need it.

EDIT-I'm keeping the other exception. It's so hard making zeny in the game without a merchant, and when we get to third class, it's going to get expensive, especially if your trying to +9 expensive/rare gear. What's the first piece of advice for new people? "Make a merchant and sell your drops." So a newer player would already have a merchant by the time they transcend. That, plus some people have already made second characters...

Edited by belld1711, 19 September 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#14 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'm not happy with the new rules either, things have now changed a lot from when we all started.  I agree with Zariana about Overlook as this means we won't be able to level with any new people joining the challenge.

I was also going to make a new char for round 2 but as I see second chars aren't welcome in the guild I won't be bothering although I see some exceptions have been made.

~ Xerafina ~

The reason why I asked that second characters not be allowed in the guild is due to room. It's a request, not a rule. You can have yours in if you want.

#15 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

Ok. so oops I was ambushed by a wild nap after dinner. I should log back in and sit myself in Izlude again for a bit, though I also need to be leveling.

Meh, if I am not in town, new folks wanting to join should please read the first post so they know the rules and then pm me on maskros and I can come to invite you.

Those already in, feel free to make parties at anytime you are on. Let's see those levels climb :D

#16 Kersya

Kersya

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

Overlook isn't really Eden, it's a VIP perk that even non-VIPs can use (with a reset stone.) I didn't consider the cost to Non-VIPs, so I'll remove it.

I just figured it was a one-time thing, and it would be a good way of getting a phen card for magic users who'll need it.

EDIT-I'm keeping the other exception. It's so hard making zeny in the game without a merchant, and when we get to third class, it's going to get expensive, especially if your trying to +9 expensive/rare gear. What's the first piece of advice for new people? "Make a merchant and sell your drops." So a newer player would already have a merchant by the time they transcend. That, plus some people have already made second characters...

Nooooo my precious overlook, now i wont be able to enjoy getting one hitted by water ball XD

Oh well, i only wanted a phen card to sell it since im broke anyway

Hell i have 3 toons in the guild so if you need room let me know, Heron tax my stalker again so i can lvl the guild XD

Aev if you come near me ill smack you with a stick, you demon :heh:

#17 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

Nooooo my precious overlook, now i wont be able to enjoy getting one hitted by water ball XD

Oh well, i only wanted a phen card to sell it since im broke anyway

Hell i have 3 toons in the guild so if you need room let me know, Heron tax my stalker again so i can lvl the guild XD

Aev if you come near me ill smack you with a stick, you demon :heh:

Tch...Bring it on....I have a new mace just for you! :D

*laughs maniacally as if all of his consciousness left him or did not exist at all...... :ani_glare:

I have enjoyed eating you.....I...I...I WANT MORE! More!! More..More..more...More...and more :gg:

Looking forward to hearing your agonising screams Z........ :gg:

Edited by LawrenzTyr18, 19 September 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#18 Lalo93

Lalo93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hello~

im back in town so i will start playing again.

--- Sadore

#19 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

Welcome back, happy to see you again :D

#20 Lalo93

Lalo93

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

Add meeeee to the list!!!!!

---Sadore.

#21 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

---Sadore.

...list to being eaten alive? :gg:

#22 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:26 PM

we can use gramps?

#23 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

Nope. No Gramps, no bounty boards, no Eden boards, no Kafra shop.

#24 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

---Sadore.

Updated the list. I didn't bother until now because the topic made it's way to the second page, and I didn't think it would have gotten revived. Sorry.

#25 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:10 AM

So yeah, my own fault to make a non-cookie cutter build at all (no actual killing skill, BAD stat distribution, heavy demand of pot, etc), and I haven't made it to 99 and sadly I can't even solo Dark Priest.

I'm still a 97 Bard, gonna need a Priest/HP duo/trio/whatevs to help me out to 99 (and yeah, actually stressed out due to low DPS and losing EXP/h a lot since I had to go back and forth to GH due to dying so much).

And I think I'm really gonna forfeit once I hit Maestro since this char is originally to try out a build I've never played before, which I've prepared and got most of the gears on the storage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users