#1 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

Which classes make the most of out of dodge/evasion instead of defense?

Of course any class would make use of some good dodge, but some classes are more benefited by pumping def instead.

Also, I'm not talking about a class that takes evasion after it hits the defense cap easily.

More like, it would seem it was actually made to dodge.

There aren't really many dodge-based skills in the game, are there?

This is the closest supporting question I can think of:

If you are choosing between a defense or dodge buff, which class would likely take dodge?

-_-

I can't explain what I'm asking about very well, so please bear with me. I'm expecting the answer to be maybe one of the Archer or Thief classes.

Thanks for your two cents! :v

#2 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

Imo the classes that benefit the most from dodge at the moment would be beastmaster, rogue, ranger and..... monk?! Lol pretty much yeah thief and archer classes :v

#3 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

^ Would you mind explaining why these classes exacly? And yeah, monks, wut, they're generally very tanky because of skills, yes? D:

#4 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Mainly because they are the highest agi demand classes meaning most of their gear if not all gives a lot of agility, also because of the special stat thing they get such as rogue ' s gaining 2 dodge to every 1 agi. Monks are just tank as -_-. Starting out well over defense cap, and having skill's that decreases how much damage they take by a percentage, increase their defense by a large amount and increases their dodge.

Edited by deathdelete, 18 September 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#5 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

How about the archers?

I just also noticed that the stat bonus for assassins is very different. Lol

#6 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

Well since atm after all the nerfs rangers received, they are a very crit reliant class, needing a lot of agi to have decent dps in a pvp scenario, which means they stack a -_-ton of agi just to be relevant, Beastmaster is idk.... they dodge a lot it seems even though they generally stack vit because of their above average hp when in tank form, assassins I would say don't stack agi for dodge mainly for crit (idky that's dumb they have retarded high crit to begin with) but dodging since aov was released is like a dream for sins I rarely see their dodge rate take effecr, probly a trade off for shadow armor giving invincibilylty, and the fact that they have high movement speed to begin with so they are a pvp kite class anyway

#7 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

So basically, they benefit from agi, not really dodge.  Are rogue and monk really the only dodgier classes?

Sounds about right for sins though. But really you just feel can't help but feel they're dodgy when you look at them, shadows, pose, and all. Then you charge at them and realize the shadow is solid. XD

Slightly offtopic: Between BM and Monk,

1. Which is tankier/harder in general? Harder to kill or die, I guess.

2. Which fulfills the tank role better? (Since being hard to bring to 0 hp doesn't necessarily mean better tank)

#8 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

If not by use of class but overall tanking, I would say beastmaster because they have a good self heal and a damage nullifier, they can become healer non reliant for a period of time, whereas a monk may take less damage but they are still healer reliant at some point

Edited by deathdelete, 18 September 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#9 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for your inputs. :3

#10 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

Monk gets 3 dodge per AGI (which really needs to be lowered to 2), the highest out of anyone, and it's kind of total BS in PvP. Anyone who's fought extensive sets against a monk can tell you it's not a very fun experience to have half your attacks miss even when you're STR/INT (hit) built. They also hit the defense cap naked I believe, lol. The discussion kind of turned into best PvE tank though and I will agree it's BM. They hit defense cap naturally, have tons of health, self-sustain options and an awesome as hell 30% armor rip and defense party buff (randomly).

#11 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

Yeah monks are bs to fight, but I guess as rogue I never see the higher end of dodge on most classes having such a naturally high hit rate lol.

#12 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

Contrary to popular belief, Beastmaster doesn't hit the DEF cap naturally anymore. But on topic, we do get a healthy chunk of Dodge. I think we have more than Assassin? Currently have about 4k uninvested (ML 30, Himmelmez Sets + Cazar Spear)

Edited by Arbalist, 19 September 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#13 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

So, are there any other classes worth mention in relation to this topic? As of now, it looks like it's really just Monks. D:

I'm guessing that's the case since if there were others, it would've been mentioned by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users