Essentially new player undecided on class - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Essentially new player undecided on class

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blazeraider

Blazeraider

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

I played ragnarok on a private server many years ago and really liked it, I want to try it again, but I have no idea what class to pick. I am planning on starting in the chaos renewal server, and was wondering what class would be good for a new player who wants to participate in woe.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

Rune Knight

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:15 PM

RKs need a fair bit of gearing to be effective, don't get their main leveling skill for a LONG time, and those runes aren't cheap. You'll be in the thick of it and chugging pots (or whatever, any healing items) quite a lot as an RK, which cost a fair bit. Potting can be avoided with an overupgraded Rideword Hat and some Hunter Fly cards but those aren't cheap either. DB is also crap without MHP+ gear.

Therefore, I say Ranger. You can kill from a distance and therefore don't tend to get hit much, you have the most overpowered AoE in the game bar-none, your gear is plentiful (everyone has an alt AS Ranger for cheesing PvM and WW sets are everywhere) and relatively cheap, arrows can be made in bulk from monster drops, and you can be a real bitch in WoE if you have the skill. You can also trap dangerous enemies, stat them and immobilise them for easy kills.

The only problem with Rangers is that they have to go through Hunter and Sniper first, which aren't that great on their own. Not particularly desirable for TI parties either, unless you have FAS (and no one seems to get FAS anymore). Also, AS Rangers burn SP at a stupidly high rate; make sure you're prepared for that.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 19 September 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#4 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

AB/Sorc/Sura these classes can do whats needed of them without funds 

Archbishop AKA AB Buff/Heal

Sorcerer AKA Sorc SP slave/Strking/Endow/ETC

Sura (just sura  :heh: ) Mental Strength tanker(mental strength reduce incoming dmg by 90% so even without gears you can tank better than other classes)

Edited by YangeWenli, 19 September 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#5 stphung

stphung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

AB!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users