pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

I just wanted to say that at first I was really happy about the change to the Valor Reward Bonus Skill. But after having given it some thought and running a few dungeons, I must say this is just too much. If I complete all the quests for Cave of Ulverick, I can come out of there with 233 Valor points, not counting the ones that fall from the mobs. I imagine HoO is much the same and SoD would be even higher. I am not premium either, if I was I would get even more Valor points. I feel this is making the goal of obtaining Valor items much too easy. They also have this for Honor now, although I do not have that skill, and it is temporary rather than permanent. So now Honor Points are obtained a lot easier also. I am not sure what the fix is for this, but I honestly feel like it makes things way too easy. Perhaps they should put it back the way it was, at the very least make it just for quests, not the actual game itself. The challenge is being lost.

Edited by pdfisher, 21 September 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#2 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

I farmed 3 survey for half hour today and got 600 IM points and got plenty of these valor reward bonus on many of my dungeon characters, so please don't nerf them!!! :p_cry:

ok, seriously this skill isn't even considered as convenience, more like a necessity if you are planning to play dungeon more than once, you NEED to have this skill or you are wasting your own time, that's why I decide to spend half hour to farm some surveys.

50% is indeed too much, 5 - 10% might be balanced

#3 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

aww i love how it is, nerf would be like :( for me

but i understand if it will be only for the daily dg quests and not the dg itself

Edited by angeltje, 21 September 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

I farmed 3 survey for half hour today and got 600 IM points and got plenty of these valor reward bonus on many of my dungeon characters, so please don't nerf them!!! :p_cry:

ok, seriously this skill isn't even considered as convenience, more like a necessity if you are planning to play dungeon more than once, you NEED to have this skill or you are wasting your own time, that's why I decide to spend half hour to farm some surveys.

Those surveys actually work?!

#5 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

As long as that change is for dungeon only and not all valor quests that's fine with me but the regular valor quests in the game would be pointless to do if the reward is less than it already is, even with the IM passive.

They sure do work but you have to be a little careful about which ones you take ... some seem to not pay or not pay very fast while others it's almost instantly

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

It depends, I have never gotten any of the surveys to work for me. I used to do the videos, but lately I don't get credited for watching them anymore, so I quit that too.

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

I remember like years ago when I tried to do them cause I was too young to have a bank account to make any payments.. Thought it looked suspicious and ended up never trying them again, didn't seem to work. Well, good to know, but if I need IM right now I'll just pay for it.

#8 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

I agree on the Valor Reward Bonus skill. 50% is just too much, and not to mention, it's permanent. Sure, it's a convenience, but I think it's too convenient.

#9 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

I actually bought the skill for that very reason, nerf it? and I want a refund, even if its only costs 100 IM points. If you haven't noticed yet, It costs 80,000 valor to get all the passive skills from the valor store.

Edited by bl0b, 21 September 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#10 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

You're looking at it from a veteran's POV. I haven't been here long and I've only hit 210 yesterday so I totally missed the valor/honor gear trading time, which means I have to farm everything myself, for all six chars. For that very reason I got this much needed passive. No nerf!

#11 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

The new valor/honor reward bonus, dont get me wrong, I love the idea. The item gives 50% more honor/valor bonus.

But let se the '' negative '' things about this item.

For exemple Cleric.

Cleric these days gets around 160+ points. But if this Cleric buy this honor bonus, she/he gets 160 + 80 = 240 points and dont forget the daily quests for the pvp arena! So a honor quest gives 30 (I guess, I dont remember). So 30 + 15 = 45. But there is 3 quests so 45+45+45 =135. So in one only game the cleric can get 375 points and the other games the cleric can get 240 points (without the daily quests becuse they are 1 time per day.) Of course the Cleric sometimes only get 20 points but if the user is premium. You can just simple play over, over and over and over again and simple get 5,000. But it dosen't really matter becuse you get so many extra points, so you can also simple buy Honor to Energy, and are abel to be as a premium user. (Becuse one energy item coast 15 Honor points) and you need 3,000 Energy to play one crystal defender game. So you need to buy 6 Honor to Energy items. That is 90 Honor points.

In dungeons you get 50 points (From the final king) and (Premium Serivce gets 55), with this item you will get 75 points and premium serivce will have 82.5 points. so you just need to do 14 dungeons and you will have 1050 points for players that dosen't have premium  service and people that have premium service will get more and they can do it over and over again. But I think people that dosen't have premiums service can just buy Valor to Energy and they will get a bit less points as a premium players but they can play over and over again as a premium player. But dont forget the small bosses, valor quests and the 1+ valor drop from the mobs.

I haven't forget the other classes but as I see on this item, it will make it TO easy for all players. There will be no challange.

I dont have a exempel what to do with this item but something needs to be done. This item is to over power.

and if they nerf the item all players that bought it should get a refund.

#12 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

I don't see anything negative about the valor bonus.

#13 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

i agree i dont see something wrong either, but if they really nerf it pls not too much :p_swt:

#14 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

Guys, I am not saying that it will be nerfed. This is just my opinion. This game has almost no challenge to it anymore. Everything is being handed to us, and this is not a good thing, even though it might look it. Valor points were never hard to get to begin with. Now it is ridiculously easy. The one thing that kept me going in this game, was having a goal. When they brought the trade restrictions in, it made it that much harder for me to achieve my goals, and I was glad quite frankly. Now they just took that away, and I am back to where I was. I really hope the devs start adding some HARD stuff into this game. Without challenge, the game gets easy and boring, and after awhile, it gets hard to find a reason to log on.

#15 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

well i like the valor bonus thing and i do dg cuz i want to and also cuz i like the points but that isnt my main reason, so well then make valor stuff 2%-5% cost more or something if you want more to work with. cuz this bonus skill did cost money and then afterwards nerf would be kinda unfair.

btw i love the new gem stuff ect that makes dg/cd more active :no1:

#16 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

how about increasing the bonus of the valor skill? Wouldn't it be a way cooler if it would give a +70% boni instead?

#17 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

how about increasing the bonus of the valor skill? Wouldn't it be a way cooler if it would give a +70% boni instead?

what about no

#18 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:59 AM

what about no

Why not? You don't like getting valor? O.o

#19 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

Why not? You don't like getting valor? O.o

I like getting it as reward or with a bit as bonus reward but not so much..

#20 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hi everyone, I understand the various concerns, but to help ease some worry, here's what's what. :)

First, the +50% is not being changed.

Second, +50% is the same as doing 1.5 dungeons, or quests, or whatever you gained the valor points from. So, for every 2 things you do that gives the reward, you get 1 for free. The time this cuts down on farming the points is notable, but that's not really much worse than what we have otherwise in the Item Mall for helping speed up aspects to game play. The experience medals double your leveling rate, it is a lot, but we also have many levels to go through. :)

So we're not worried about the 50% bonus. It's helpful and eases the rate of point farming for whatever you may wish to spend the points on. With the recent expansion to what one may purchase, we feel it's given it more value.

#21 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

Leo, that may be so, but I still feel that once again, people are being handed things. You said you wanted Honor/Valor items to be earned, for us to feel like we accomplished something when we got them. This takes that away, it just plain makes it too easy. If dungeons were harder, it would be one thing, but it is nothing to run them, some can even be done without a cleric.

#22 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

Keep in mind those dungeons were made before the skill update and the new gems, so of course as things have progressed they've become less difficult, as players get stronger. We can help adjust that in time, but for now, we don't want to throw too much in to the difficulty machine. ;)

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

Keep in mind those dungeons were made before the skill update and the new gems, so of course as things have progressed they've become less difficult, as players get stronger. We can help adjust that in time, but for now, we don't want to throw too much in to the difficulty machine. ;)

Please please, throw something into the difficulty machine! We can handle it!  :no1:

#24 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:03 AM

dungeons can be easy or super hard depending on who you are with and what class you are with

P.S.

can you fix this thing that happens sometimes when you queue in dungeons you get teleported in the dungeon and then teleported back out,you were not kicked and you're still in a group. It just wastes my energy most of the time

Edited by kwayan19, 23 September 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#25 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:26 AM

dungeons can be easy or super hard depending on who you are with and what class you are with

P.S.

can you fix this thing that happens sometimes when you queue in dungeons you get teleported in the dungeon and then teleported back out,you were not kicked and you're still in a group. It just wastes my energy most of the time

Hard for some, I solo them easily. Cleric + knight thats it, yes it takes awhile but I enjoy having 50% valor on each character so it's worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users