Please comment my planning build for Sorc [autocast build] - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please comment my planning build for Sorc [autocast build]

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

I have the plan to build a new character, the Sorc, but I want to play something different from my WL one.

I would like to build Battle Wizard but the build of the game is very difficult to do that one, so, I am planning to build Battle Sorc instead and I would like to play one with high aspd.

A Sorc with a book should be good with most aspd and I am planning to let her use "+10 Ledger of Death"

According to previous topic about the build that fit the book for sorc and I have been advised something very useful.

Here is my build

Gear

+7 Leo Diadem

Filir's Pinions

CD in Mouth

+9 iHBP

+10 double Ancient Ledger of Dead (Enchant FS FS)

Orlean's Gown

Temporal AGI Boots

Ring Of Flame Lord

Ring Of Resonance

Stat build

Lv99 = Str60/Agi90/Vit30/Int40/Dex60/Luk1

Lv110= Str70/Agi90/Vit45/Int50/Dex70/Luk1

Lv130= Str90/Agi90/Vit65/Int50/Dex80/Luk1

Lv150= Str93/Agi90/Vit90/Int91/Dex80/Luk3

Skill build

http://irowiki.org/~...lajQkOeBjNjNIn1

Thanks for every comment.

Edited by armourer84, 23 October 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

+9 Magician's Night Cap will rule any other upper headgear. For AoE you already plan to get Bloody Knight, and you can also activate Fire Ball Hindsight.

Consider a shield, maybe a Bison Set with Siroma/Imp card that you can switch depending on your opponent.

Honestly, reduce your AGI to 90ish, and get the INT to 90+ instead. FYI, my Lv100 Sorc with 90 AGI can reach 193 ASPD without Temp Boots. +9 HBP, +9 MNC, Awakening Pot, passive Ventus. Encyclopedia without Bison Set. With Bison Set, I had to switch to my +9 LoD or I have to stay with 192 ASPD. xD

#3 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

More question.

Should I get 2 bloody knight or only one is enough?

I want to play dex build for my ledger of death, worth it or not? Or i should invest in luk for critical and enchant all with sharp instead?

Without Spellfist, is it worth to use MNC? I plan to play this Sorc do physical damage instead of magic and focus to use Agni instead of Ventus.

#4 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

One Bloody Knight is enough.

STR/DEX build is less viable than the Linked build. I personally go with LUK over DEX since it benefits from HBP. If you wanna go with LUK build, enchant your LoD with Sharp5/5 instead of FS.

+9 MNC's real benefit is the +5 ASPD. With a passive Ventus, you'll get another extra +5 ASPD. Which means you can get flat +10 ASPD from headgear and summon alone. ASPD is crucial for every kind of Hindsight/Spellfist build.

I generally won't recommend one that focused on physical damage. Just think of physical damage as an additional damage boost. Otherwise, your DPS would be far behind and you'll have a hard time leveling.

EDIT: Almost forgot that my ideas of Hindsight build is mostly taken from here.

Edited by spikexp, 22 September 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#5 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:29 AM

If I build Crit-build, how many CRIT is needed?

I plan focusing physical damage because I want to play Agni and Tera. Boost as much ATK for autocast "Hell Judgement" is my 1st priority.

I think if I focus on Ventus and INT, I may be forced to use Aqua for MATK and then be forced to focus on INT and invest in Spellfist skill and then I may have to discard my LoD to use TSoD instead, according to your suggestion from the previous topic.

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:44 AM

Depends on how much ASPD you can achieve. With 193 ASPD, 80~90ish crit should be fine. Less than 190, you'd might want to achieve ~100 reliable crit.

If you could get a reliable damage output from HJ then it's cool. Of all autocasts I've tried, CD and RoFL/RoR are the three most reliable proc on iRO. Anything else, without 193 ASPD, is far from reliable.

My Sorc actually planned to get Fire, Water, and Wind Insignia, and ditch Earth. Solely for MvP purposes.

It's up to you if you wanna go high STR. But I'll say, reduce your AGI. And still get +9 MNC over +7 Leo. It'll boost your ASPD as well as (iirc) CD's bolts.

Also, may I ask why you're so focused on HIT-adding gears everywhere?

#7 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:54 AM

According to description, Leo can splash damage that I can assume as an AoE. btw, i'll reconsider after i obtain +7 leo. After testing HJ, it has very large AoE that can lead all monster toward me when activate. Planning must have autocast AoE as much as possible and Tera. May be optional to boost high def for survivalibity.

About agi101,i'll edit the post and change to 90 after I simulate the stat points that I'll do it later. +7 Leo provide 3aspd. If i use Firir's Peon that +2aspd, it can do equivalent to +9MNC. Also, both gears are cheaper than a +9MNC btw.

My character is just ready to transcend. I want to be confirmed my possibility to play my build. If someone comments my build that can lead me to change my mind to play another build, so, i can change it without using reset stone. Because this build is focus on agi in early game compare to caster build that focus on pure int. This is very different how to decide to invest the stat point and the gears since high-novice.

About HIT gears, I have tested that the auto-cast will not activated if it is not hit. It is simply in my mind to increase the HIT rate for successfully auto-casting. I think that is reason why CRIT-Autocast is exist.

#8 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

The filir's and Leo gives % aspd that is different from the +5 aspd from +9 MNC with 5% from the 2 you wont get even close to the +5 base aspd ;) i would suggest you to use double bolt as well if you didnt thought about it yet.

#9 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

Pretty much like LoD's HJ, Leo's splash also a proc. HJ's AoE is the whole screen, around 14x14 I suppose. Mobby maps will still overwhelm you (unless you're linked and got Kaahi).

Both gears are cheaper than +9 MNC since, as vividort said, +5% ASPD is A LOT different than +5 ASPD. +5% might not get you close to +1 ASPD. The calculation of ASPD is a bit complicated.

If you wanna go with HIT gears, that's fine. You might be able to solo Hazy and actually kill Angra Mantis xD

#10 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:43 AM

Your skill build link does not contain any skills selected, its just a link to the front page. You need to click the url link, right next to save load and reset.

You should think of nothing else than magicians night cap for your headgear item, unless you're going purely physical.

If you want to deal physical damage, then you should use +9~12 RWC Knife with the RWC Accessories, enchanted with related enchants. You should be able to reach sufficient attack speeds with MNC and Venatu if lacking. In the dagger you should probably put a sidewinder card. Snake Hat is a good alternative, if you cant get +9 MNC.

Personally I would not put a Bloody Knight Card in my weapon, as the cast delay from the proc will hurt you more than the damage it really brings. You have enough trouble getting off your Indulge when you're doing auto-attack with bolts and the fireball procs. I've noted that Mummy Cards seem to be quite effective. They also allow you to reduce your dex investment.

#11 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

Skill-stat edited

Searching more effective gear

#12 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

Skill-stat edited

Searching more effective gear

Striking has increased damage based on your endow levels. If you're going physical damage based, I would suggest you look into placing more points into them. The damage increase is significant, since the weapon portion caps at 72 on a level 4 weapon (weapon level * 18 at rank 5), while the endow skill damage increase goes up to 100 (total endow skill level * 5, there are 4 endow skills with 5 skill levels each, 20 skill level * 5)

Personally I would revisit on what you want to do exactly. If you want to be hindsight, you should go with higher intelligence and maximize your attack speed (193 minimum really, venatu or aqua as spirit) and if you want to deal physical damage, focus on agni, endows and high physical damage gear (RWC set seems best) and possibly double attack (snake head or sidewinder card). Note that going dagger allows you to drop study to 5, giving you much needed skill points to invest in your endows. I would also drop Tera, since you have to waste a lot on sage side to get there (5 on earth spike) and use those skills to get blinding mist instead. Going physical of course does not mean you should ignore the magical aspect completely (which is why RWC Knife with matk is preferred).

You might want to maximize the HBP bonus at 90 str 90 int 90 agi 90 vit rest to dex. Or might want to look at FAW with +1 aspd enchant, as it would probably win over HPB with additional enchants and the base stat bonuses and ignore the whole 90~ part on your stats, going to 80 and 100 as needed.

Edited by Koski, 22 October 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#13 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

Recently, I have tried equipping Queen Leg (EQ proc), but with Thorny set, I can't keep my ASPD at max. Ofc, keep the +9 MNC and CD. EQ proc is MUCH more reliable than LoD's HJ. It's also based on ATK so when you have high STR, it's REALLY dangerous.

#14 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:00 AM

Striking has increased damage based on your endow levels. If you're going physical damage based, I would suggest you look into placing more points into them. The damage increase is significant, since the weapon portion caps at 72 on a level 4 weapon (weapon level * 18 at rank 5), while the endow skill damage increase goes up to 100 (total endow skill level * 5, there are 4 endow skills with 5 skill levels each, 20 skill level * 5)

OMG, wiki does not mention about endow skill for striking skill.

Let me re-arrange skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users