Real purpose of the genetic in WoE Stats/Skills - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Real purpose of the genetic in WoE Stats/Skills

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

I think we all know that the WoE Genetic wasnt made for kiling purposes, so i just wanna try get a clear build for the Genetic in WoE.

Skills:

I was making a little re-research I found some interesting facts.

Actual useful skills:

- Blood Sucker

- Mandragora Howl

- Items Sling (Banana and Coconut bombs) - To my opinion only this 2 worth it

- Thorn Trap

My doubt came out on the following skills:

- Hell Plant, why the people use this really?, how much can you hurt someone with a good int based build like 15k top? Not using godequip.

- Demonic Fire (lvl 5) and Fire Expansion (lvl1 - lvl 4) : Why no one use this combination? I was checking and from lvl 3 to lvl 4the effects are pretty helpful.

Lvl 3: Becomes Purple Gas: Reduces Range damage by 50% and Melee damage by 15%, increases Flee rate by 20%.

Lvl 4: Becomes Gray Smoke: Reduces Flee and Hit rates by 50%. Drains 5% HP every 2 seconds. Forces the use of /cry emote every 3 seconds.

- Spore Explosion: 500% 11x11 aoe, looks good not awesome but good comparing to the damage of cart cannon which is 300% based on the same damage atk influenced by the player's int, it could be a skill that make a good damage to a significant group. Just to be clear I am exponing this skill because it caught my attention the damage compared to the CC.

Taking this is consideration which could be a good stats build for woe? It should be based on INT, VIT, DEX.

Lets say DEX: 120 for temporal set, VIT 100, INT 110, and some STR for carrying things.

I am not familiar with WOE stats build so, this is what i think could work based on the skills that actually work for WoE.

I will appreciate all the comments, thanks.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

You missed the most important skill (other than FCP, ofc) - Crazy Vines. 

CV10 is essential for both offensive and defensive operations - you use it to shred ground effects (usually the enemy's, but i've seen it used to remove AoE debuffs too). Without their pneumas, the enemy will drop quickly to your guild's ranged attacks - and many priests are lousy at reacting to this, despite the fact that CV has been in the game since renewal. 

Spore explosion damage is miserable even outside of WoE. It is utter crap with woe reductions - plus it's super awkward to use. Cart cannon with realistic stats has higher base damage - and people still don't use CC in WoE because the damage sucks. 

Hell Plant is the only thing genetic can do that actually inflicts damage on people in WoE - the key is that it bypasses reductions, and can be spammed at attack speed if you have full cast reduc. 

Demonic fire takes a lot of points for junk prereqs, and is awkward to use. Also, normally you have pneumas up, so the smoke screen's range reduction is less relevant, and I don't think it reduces dragon breath either (which is the main source of ranged AoE DPS). I've seen some people try to use it - I think the conclusion was that it was kinda neat, but not worth sacrificing at least one other WoE skill to get. 

120 dex for temporal boots doesn't make a lick of sense; none of the genetic's key WoE skills (except for FCP, lol) have fixed cast time - though high dex might make sense for reducing cast, particularly if you have a friend with a hammer.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 September 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#3 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

120 dex for temporal boots doesn't make a lick of sense; none of the genetic's key WoE skills (except for FCP, lol) have fixed cast time - though high dex might make sense for reducing cast, particularly if you have a friend with a hammer.

Could be useful on a SPP Gen. Or is that useless in renewal WoE?

#4 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Yeah I didnt include Vines on it, my bad, why vines on lvl 10? It didnt make any difference, may be damage and the cast time that is increased.

But the effect is the same on the floor, isnt? Or the amount of vines have something to do with how much of floor is cleared up?

Ignoring Temporal Boots, then the build for Woe should something like:

Vit 110

Int 110

Dex 100

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Could be useful on a SPP Gen. Or is that useless in renewal WoE?

I don't think the shorter cast time is enough to make it useful, and certainly not enough to base gear and stat decisions around.

Recall that SPP wasn't very good pre-renewal, when it was instant (or near instant) cast and (due to lower max hp) it healed a larger portion of people's HP. 

#6 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

Yeah I didnt include Vines on it, my bad, why vines on lvl 10? It didnt make any difference, may be damage and the cast time that is increased.

But the effect is the same on the floor, isnt? Or the amount of vines have something to do with how much of floor is cleared up?

Ignoring Temporal Boots, then the build for Woe should something like:

Vit 110

Int 110

Dex 100

Each 3x3 vine = floor being cleared. The floor is only cleared by the number of vines proccing in different areas.

#7 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

Each 3x3 vine = floor being cleared. The floor is only cleared by the number of vines proccing in different areas.

I asume something like that, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users