Return OUR Turtle Island Map in low TI - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Return OUR Turtle Island Map in low TI

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

please return our beloved turtle island map at low ti!

#2 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

no, i like the new map.

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

http://forums.warppo...ance/?p=1904601

http://forums.warppo...ance/?p=1904540

posted before the maintenance was finished

be careful what you wish for :D

#4 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

yeah,please free us from the penalty  :sob:

#5 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

They should, i used my tkm heat skill in there.

Just cause they are never changing it.....

Now thats gone.

#6 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

Rather than changing the map, I prefer increasing the spawn rate a bit.

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

The spawn rate will be increased this week. In the meanwhile, we have a number of bounty board quests you can take http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

#8 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

My tkm cant really do anything out of its heat maps and the heat skill isn't even working on some of it heat maps.

Bugged.

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

The spawn rate will be increased this week. In the meanwhile, we have a number of bounty board quests you can take http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

but that involves actually going out onto the world maps... they simply cant handle that

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

harpies are already in the juno bounty boards so people can't really complain about the double dipping, especially if spawns get increased this maint.

#11 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

i imagine players have been asking for increased monster spawn rates in world maps in hopes of a gradual transition of levelers from TI-maps to the real maps

#12 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

Great!

I hv been leveling my char using both TI and Bounty board for two months.

Looking forward to the Geffen board.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

i imagine players have been asking for increased monster spawn rates in world maps in hopes of a gradual transition of levelers from TI-maps to the real maps

the GMs would need to come down hard on the bots if this was ever implemented.  Bots generally don't make an appearance in TIs (although there have been some instances in the past :3)

#14 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Thanks Oda

can you also make sure the spawn rates are even.

#15 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hey Oda can I have all my chars to 150/50 pls?

Oh and some zeny too please, playing the game is really hard.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

yes Oda, please change low TI Map to something bigger than lhz_fild01 like roween map east of Rachel or anacondaq map or kiel hyre camp map! please

#17 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Right now I'm finding it faster just to go to juno to do my harpies. But I also know the two spots people almost never go. Running between those two killing the huge mobs everyone else lets build there I can get my TI really quick.

#18 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

Oda, please PLEASE change the map to this:

Map.png

And reduce the number of mobs to 20 each please!

#19 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

thanks Oda for replying!
Hope we can see significant difference in the mobs next maint!!

#20 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Or you can save the trouble of increasing spawns by just reverting the map? Why change it in the first place? Nothing was wrong with the map but you guys basically got involved and ruined something great for the community.

This change honestly reminds me of years ago where GH GY was the hotspot for new healers but for some odd reason,zombie prisoners were removed and included hunter fly and mimics. Thus making it way too hard for acolytes to go around and heal bomb. That community was destroyed and I was sad to see low TI disintegrate simply due to a change of map.

I appreciate what you do Oda, but these changes are frustrating since I feel they're so unecessary. Sure some people might like it, but who gives a crap if you see such a sudden shift in people participating in low TI.

Edited by Demeris, 22 September 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#21 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

Or you can save the trouble of increasing spawns by just reverting the map? Why change it in the first place? Nothing was wrong with the map but you guys basically got involved and ruined something great for the community.

This change honestly reminds me of years ago where GH GY was the hotspot for new healers but for some odd reason,zombie prisoners were removed and included hunter fly and mimics. Thus making it way too hard for acolytes to go around and heal bomb. That community was destroyed and I was sad to see low TI disintegrate simply due to a change of map.

I appreciate what you do Oda, but these changes are frustrating since I feel they're so unecessary. Sure some people might like it, but who gives a crap if you see such a sudden shift in people participating in low TI.

What I think Oda is trying to do and maybe it sounds crazy but maybe JUST MAYBE hes trying to make people to go out and explore the world ! (crazy isnt it?)

#22 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, south juno and amatsu is a nice place to explore. Plus, barely anyone do the grinding maps anymore because of that reason, it's grindy.

There are no incentives to go solo a map unless you're looking for something specific. It's rarely ever for exp. And the population is so low that you're not going to have an easy time making parties to "explore" some of these places.

So yeah, lets change the TI map so they can go explore? Well, maybe there are A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO GO EXPLORING. If the people who really want to go explore, they can just do that on their own and not care about TI.

#23 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

So yeah, lets change the TI map so they can go explore? Well, maybe there are A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO GO EXPLORING. If the people who really want to go explore, they can just do that on their own and not care about TI.

Thats what people who dont like TI do... and thats why they dont want gramps... because everyone does gramps only... and gramps gets boring after killing the same monsters 4000 times on the same map... and they want people to make parties and go to different maps (someone use the booking system pls)

Edited by SuperScar, 23 September 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#24 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:19 AM

I understand, it's a Catch-22. Grandpa is the problem but he's the solution to the problem as well.

Simply put, there are no reasons anyone would go venture and explore places. Look at MVP loots, the majority of that gear is crap and outdated. Only the card is worth money.

Look at your gear, most of it requires Kafra in some way... especially head gears. Popular gears like HBP, FAW, Chibi Pope, CoD, etc.... ARE ALL KAFRA ITEMS. Even good pvp and some pve weapons are from KVM but that requires merits to get... which means you have to either do KVM or TIs.

So yeah, there are no reasons to go explore the world. It's nice to see, but that's it. It doesn't help you advance your character like hunting for a specific item... which is what RO was found upon. Back in pre-trans, you would have chicks going around killing smokies because they want that kitty band or mandragora for that 4LC to make that bunny band. You have no other reason to hunter monsters besides cards (and black rosaries).

Reducing the impact of TI isn't going to fix that. And trust me, this problem is far from the player's fault.

Edited by Demeris, 23 September 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#25 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

Obviously reducing the impact of TI isnt going to fix that and people are going to be like "oh TI sucks now lets go hunt in a regular map" but there are people in the community trying to find ways to make TI not the only option in the game PVM wise, you have the new bounty boards that encourage you to go to regular maps, maybe in the way of taking a quest you find someone doing the same quest and you make a party, you didnt have to wait with a damn chat in the entrance of TI and you can have a great time talking to him maybe.

I remember when I played pre-renewal servers that sometimes hunting on any map I just passed across someone a few times and then we were like "hey you want to make a party? yeah sure" and there you got a party and a new friend, wouldnt it be good to see that happen? to see people out of TI, using the damn booking system! doing parties to all dungeons in the game and meeting new people.

I know a lot of people meet their friends in TI and ive meet really nice people there but its just not the same, its not the same and it doesnt feel the same, maybe you just want to level really fast and go to pvp or woe or mvping I dont know but its not a race, for some people it can be fun going to regular maps maybe meeting people in the proccess, go to actual dungeons and explore some maps.

Btw, about the MVP thing, youre going to tell me that you never went to hunt MVPs just for fun with some friends or guildies? not caring about the loots?

Edited by SuperScar, 23 September 2014 - 12:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users