Improving the quality of our forums - Page 3 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Improving the quality of our forums

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:39 PM

Ironically nobody likes a dumbass either :p_smile:

Nobody likes a know it all, and nobody likes a dumbass. Where do you draw the line?  Most people play dumb when in most case scenerios because I have noticed they do not want to share their knowledge with anyone, they are afraid you might steal away their secrets and go off taking their authority power and privilages; most importantly their opportunities.

Don't you think that is a bit too selfish on their behalf? But then again... Who am I to speak and judge right? This whole community is filled with a lot of instigators, they will attack you no matter what the circumstance is; just because they dont simply agree with what you say or because they dont embrace the reality, so why not be prepared and learn how to defend yourself?

Just like that whole "Thick skin" when you are roaming in the internet. "You don't go up the mountains without a coat."  It's true...

And you are forgetting the fact that most people are on drugs; whether it is illegal drugs or prescribed drugs, it alters their mind, their ego, their mentality and personality/ whatver.

I understand most of you are seeking world peace. Just like many of our predecessors

i.e. John Lennon "Give peace a chance" but look what ended up happening to him? His obssesed fan ended up killing an iconic legend.

I wouldn't doubt there are freaks in here who would do the same just to get revenge on someone. Imagine... Someone killing someone in real life just because they KS them?

:heh:

Anyways, I really tried being "nice" to the whole community in general. But I have to thank a few special individuals who made me stronger in the trolling department. :thumb2:

Keep up the good work.

Hello,

I believe there is a huge difference between a know it all and "dumbass"(assuming i understand the context). A know it all can benefit us greatly whereas a dumbass has comparatively little to learn from. People playing dumb on the other hand is a totally different game.

I would not compare seeking forum friendliness to world peace. I am almost certainly sure no one will come and kill me for better forums.

:)

#52 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

Everyone needs a thick skin to forray into the internet if they want to survive. You wouldn't go to the mountains without a coat would you? If you're not prepared to be assailed by the environment, don't go.

Hi there,

At this stage, I wouldn't describe out forums as a walk in the mountains but more a war field with a machine gun.

Notice I did not mention that we should be nice or sugar coat our posts.

It is human nature to prepare oneself for the so called harsh environment (self preservation). This may sound cliché, but we are the ones creating the environment in this forum.

We do not have to be nice to have a better forums.

Good day to you.

Edited by kiddomaddo, 24 September 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

We don't have to be Mayberry NICE to everyone on the forums, but mutual respect of differing or opposing viewpoints goes a long way towards building a lasting peace. 

they pay well enough for Oda to take trips to hawaii and japan...

Credit Cards are a wonderful thing. 

#54 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

No, they are hell.

#55 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

I don't like debt ):

#56 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

Credit cards are fine as long as you stay on top of it and pay it off every month. People are only in debt because they think it's free money and get lazy and forget to pay off their cards.

#57 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Credit cards are fine as long as you stay on top of it and pay it off every month. People are only in debt because they think it's free money and get lazy and forget to pay off their cards.

and then they pay off one credit card with another...

l2budget

#58 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

they pay well enough for Oda to take trips to hawaii and japan...

I think Suze Orman might disagree with your spending habbits!

#59 belmarmaduk

belmarmaduk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

edit: thought better of this

Edited by belmarmaduk, 29 September 2014 - 09:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users