CyndaquilLover

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

I realized that you can only buy pets in the Cash Shop or a few of them for free from the Pet Merchant Ami by completing some of her quests. The Cash Shop does not sell any Pet Equips or Pet Items and neither does the Pet Merchant Ami in Port of the Winds. How can Ami be a Pet Merchant if she doesn't sell any Pet Items or Pet Equips? I would like to suggest the Cash Shop to sell Pet Items and Pet Equips that supports the character and give the pets some battle stats and create new Pet Skills. Also, Pet Marketer Iona in Canyon of Oblivion own a Shop but when I click on Shop nothing happened. 

Pet Items:

Item Picker- the pet owner's pets picks up item drops the defeated monsters dropped.

Revival Item- an item that allows the user to revive their pet that had their life expired.

Pet Equip:

Shell: An pet equip that increase the user's defense stats.

Pet Skills:

HP Recovery- the character's pets replenishes the character's HP while his/her pet is in use and still have some lifetime. If the pet's lifetime had expired the skill will not take effect on the user.

Edited by CyndaquilLover, 27 September 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

There are no pet equipment or pet items at the moment.

It was planned, but never inserted so far.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 27 September 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

There was a time, when this game was young and full of developing spirit - yeah true story - as the developers had an idea to bring in battle pets that can evolve. So you and me can do pet battles all around the game. With all the fancy stuff. Like clothing, armor, weapons, special battle skills and even.......evolving pets. (Similar to pokemon or digimon). But on another day the development team just got another idea, whatever that one was I dunno and scrapped the whole process of creating these kind of pets and never returned to it till today.

There were rumors it got skipped cause they thought there wouldn't be as much interest in this aspect within DragonSaga itself (not enough interest in it to get enough money out of it? - just a thought) and so they just left this idea (and the work they already had done for this - the little buggy Panda pet is one good example).

I know about three pets that are actually in the game, but none of them can be made "active" because they are bugged to death - the Panda Pet, the Lion Pet and the Pig Pet. All three of them are able to evolve - there are three forms of each pet in the game - but all of them are bugged. Bugged in the way of not working at all, even their first form is bugged that much, that even this form can't be brought to in game life. I mean even not just as normal pets, not evolving and all. I know there is a GM version of this, but that one is just for looks and does nothing. As far as I know it wouldn't be worth it to bring this one to life, or it can't be brought to a  normal pets life because of missing data. If I remember correctly it's both......however I know they tried multiple times on here to bring them into the game as just plain normal pets. But I think didn't get that to work till today. 

Pet Items:

Item Picker- the pet owner's pets picks up item drops the defeated monsters dropped.

Revival Item- an item that allows the user to revive their pet that had their life expired.

Item picker:

All mount pets (as far as I know it are all of them) have the skill "this is mine". That skill does exactly what you describe. It picks up automatically all items in the grab range of the pet and puts them into the players inventory.

The only"normal" pet I know of that has the skill is the Poring, but it uses mount food too - but you can't ride it.

Revival item:

It is called pet food or mount pet food on here.

Normal pets like the woodia do use normal pet food (1 day - 10 days - 30 days). And it adds exactly the amount of days to the pets lifespan that it says. So when you feed your "dead" pet 10 day pet food, it will resurrect  and go on living for the next 10 days.

Mount pets like the Griffon/Dark Flip for example do use mount pet food ( 1 day -10 days - 30 days). And it adds exactly the amount of days to the pets lifespan that it says.So when you feed your "dead" mount pet 10 day mount food, it will resurrect  and go on living for the next 10 days.

You can get 10 day mount pet food and 10 day normal pet food at the vending machine on the floating island in Port of the Winds. Each does cost 20 silver coins (at the moment).

You can get all mount pet food items in open market for gold, or in the item mall.

You can get all normal pet food items in the item mall only.

So when you feed your "dead" pet 10 day mount food, it will resurrect  and go on living for the next 10 days.Pet Equip:

Pet Equip:

There is no pet equip available in the whole game (yet). Like mod Popcorn already told you correctly. I explained the reason why, on top of this post.

But some pets and mount pets do come with stats like for example +2 health/ +8 agi/ +12 int.....and so on.

These stats are given to the player as long as they have the pet with them. It could be there is a pet stat for defense too, but I'm not sure on this. I never had one myself. This is the only thing mount pets and normal pets have in common - both of them have stats they give to their "owner".

Pet Skills:

HP Recovery- the character's pets replenishes the character's HP while his/her pet is in use and still have some lifetime. If the pet's lifetime had expired the skill will not take effect on the user.

There is a mount pet - it is called Flix - that I know of has a skill like this. It constantly heals the player 100 hp points each. Does do it automatically. But it has to be a level 40 and above Flix.  All kinds of Flix pets do this. 

I'm not sure if there are more mount pets with that ability....

One last important thing:

Only mount pets of any sort do have pet skills (like a simple attack skill , the slow heal skill, the item pick up skill and so on). Normal pets don't have any skills at all, just stats and their only purpose is to follow you around in game and to be cute.

But like mod Popcorn already said correctly, at time being there a no pet items of any sort in the game. And won't be till the developers feel like going on with their scrapped project of the past. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users