• 125 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hi there,im just wondering how the loot system is implemented here

I was killing turak boss at ruins from the moment it appear,

it was already 20% down,and came a raider hitting the boss

and he hit it till the mob dead and he pick up the loot.how is this possible its not fair.He could have kill me 1st so i dont see what it drop.it was a gem! not fair.!

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

That's harsh :(

#3 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

very unfortunate, maybe Leonis or Genesis can confirm that it was a bug, I haven't experience that to be honest.

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Kings have always been exempt from any ksing rules on servers I've played in the past. Especially now with the recent change in the drop system, it would be difficult to enforce a ks rule because technically any level player can get drops from any level mob. At my old server, it was possible to steal the drop from a mob if you got the last hit, even if you didn't fight the mob at all up till the end. Not sure how it works here but from what you said, it might also be true here.

In any case, it's a pretty lame thing to do but I don't know any way to prevent it other than making sure you always get the last hit... and that you are fast at picking up the drops. Hopefully this won't happen to you again. 

#5 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

Rough, that sucks things like that happen

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

You can't KS kings has been the rule on this server for years. As for the drop, I think it differs. Some are first hit, some are last hit, some are most damage dealt.

#7 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

You can't KS kings has been the rule on this server for years. As for the drop, I think it differs. Some are first hit, some are last hit, some are most damage dealt.

Are these written rules? If so I would like to read 'em!

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

Are these written rules? If so I would like to read 'em!

LOL ofc not. It was just an understood thing as far as I know. I have been playing for over 4 years, and that is just how it has been.

#9 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

And how is a new player supposed to know that x) There are actual rules like botting that don't even work

#10 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

Well I learned it from my friends and clan mates. If a new person doesn't know, there is no need to get your panties in a bunch over it. Just explain it to them.

#11 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

There s noway it could be illegal to KS a king, Rose has been a farming and KSing game since it exists, be it irose, pre evo, and evo. I'm not saying KSing a king shouldn t have consequences, and this is exactly why we have pvp areas (really not enougth as it is right now, DoD is useless, noone ever uses clan fields, ruins is obsolete). The game dynamics was made this way to encourage a living story (sandbox style) where the players and clan would decide the way they wanna play the game, who their ennemies are, + it enhances the competition between players.

It's true that nowadays Boss Drop are pretty much -_-, but once upon a time you could have the best equipment ONLY farming bosses, and this was definitly the "golden time" in the ROSE history. One could argue about it, but when you look at how populated was the server when the things were working this way. Now what? gotta farm valor.... honor.... 50% of the servers are buttbuddies and there s barely any true wars (two big alliances against each others is NOT a true war, when we are talking about a game where every single clan was used to compete and fight for glory)

Now if you wanna know how farming works in ROSE, well, no, it s not a casual carebear feature. Be sure to be in a party (size of the party don t matter at all), try to make sure to have the first hit but do not worry, First Hit basically represent only 25% of the work. The system absolutly does not care if you deal the most damage. The next important thing is to manage to have the last hit while "overkilling" this will allow you to pick up the drop and even to see the drop dropping faster than you other oponent due to some latency/refresh issue. Then you do have to have a decent movement speed because, overkilling only grant you the possibility to pick up, it will not assure you that the drop is only yours.

I would not suggest the "devs" to even think about changing this core feature of the game, would represent much coding i guess and would again anihilate a competitive aspect of the game. They changed things around already way way to much while the only resonable thing to do was, after the "evolution" fiasco, to go back to a pre evo like system, system that thousands and thousands of poeple enjoyed. Stop changing and messing around things, go back to the source, would be what i would tell them.

#12 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

There s noway it could be illegal to KS a king, Rose has been a farming and KSing game since it exists, be it irose, pre evo, and evo. I'm not saying KSing a king shouldn t have consequences, and this is exactly why we have pvp areas (really not enougth as it is right now, DoD is useless, noone ever uses clan fields, ruins is obsolete). The game dynamics was made this way to encourage a living story (sandbox style) where the players and clan would decide the way they wanna play the game, who their ennemies are, + it enhances the competition between players.

It's true that nowadays Boss Drop are pretty much -_-, but once upon a time you could have the best equipment ONLY farming bosses, and this was definitly the "golden time" in the ROSE history. One could argue about it, but when you look at how populated was the server when the things were working this way. Now what? gotta farm valor.... honor.... 50% of the servers are buttbuddies and there s barely any true wars (two big alliances against each others is NOT a true war, when we are talking about a game where every single clan was used to compete and fight for glory)

Now if you wanna know how farming works in ROSE, well, no, it s not a casual carebear feature. Be sure to be in a party (size of the party don t matter at all), try to make sure to have the first hit but do not worry, First Hit basically represent only 25% of the work. The system absolutly does not care if you deal the most damage. The next important thing is to manage to have the last hit while "overkilling" this will allow you to pick up the drop and even to see the drop dropping faster than you other oponent due to some latency/refresh issue. Then you do have to have a decent movement speed because, overkilling only grant you the possibility to pick up, it will not assure you that the drop is only yours.

I would not suggest the "devs" to even think about changing this core feature of the game, would represent much coding i guess and would again anihilate a competitive aspect of the game. They changed things around already way way to much while the only resonable thing to do was, after the "evolution" fiasco, to go back to a pre evo like system, system that thousands and thousands of poeple enjoyed. Stop changing and messing around things, go back to the source, would be what i would tell them.

yea i agree with this, as for our current population. I just hope they merge servers soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users