Sura questions for maximum awesomeness - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sura questions for maximum awesomeness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hello everyone...

I have been playing an auto cast arch bishop and am currently level 110, however having absolutely no good ae is painful for soloing (which i mostly do)

I decided to make a Sura and currently have just become the monk class.

My stats are basically

1 str

50 agi

1 vit

40 dex

30 int

1 luck

I have been pumping agility because i am using my CD and snake head from my autocast build which is working amazingly so far, not to mention the flee rate is good.

My question is this.... when i begin to max stats.... where does most of a Sura's damage come from? I see some build with very little agility, yet in Renewal agility feels very very powerful.

I am basically just trying to figure out where to mostly put stat points..... will going too much agility hurt a Sura in the long run?

I have read some guides and they mention a lot of moves that I am unfamiliar with due to not having any previous monk experience... also i read the Guillitine Fist ability and it does not sound very practical except for extreme situations? ... not sure.... i know im missing something.

Appreciate your thoughts!

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

general sample range for shura base stats

STR 90-105

VIT 95-105

INT 80-100

DEX 80-100

AGI 50-90

LUK 30-60 (total)

AGI's main purpose for shura is animation delay reduction (mainly for faster snap = enhanced mobility), additional status effect and masquerade resistance, and also to shorten combo delays (faster combo, mainly for TC leveling)

50-70 base AGI should be pretty good overall; 90 is usually the max anyone would get; flee becomes quite useless as you progress [will be dealing with mobs once you get shura AoE skill(s)]

since the addition of 10 sec no-SP-status after usage, GFist is currently only really used if you are quite sure it will connect and 1-shot (or at least seriously damage a boss monster for MvPing); it's still quite common in PvP (instant cast GFist w/ bellum claw, although damage is weak compared to glorious morning star) but less in WoE (due to skill damage reduction and cursed circle being more important in GvG)

Edited by ka10, 27 September 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#3 Energystar

Energystar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

LoLitsNeal, best for autocast melee maybe sorc...

easier to get max aspd with Ventus give 5 ASPD

Hindsight skill autocast any bolt in high %

Energy coat make sorc can handle damage well

#4 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

dont forget a soullink can make that hindsight even more deadly :p_idea:

#5 pickleee

pickleee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:13 AM

like ka10 said, stats build for Sura generally would have the spread of what he showed.

the "general" build usually would not have you go over 100 stat points so as to maximize the available stat points and spread it evenly (somewhat) to other stats so you can have the benefits from other stat gains.

AGI is justified on Suras for the reasons ka10 stated - a smoother snap, masq resistance, stat effect resistance and combo delays (affects your timing)

However, if you do have reasons to not get AGI, it is perfectly viable, for example my Sura build for fisting + tanking has 1 AGI only.

To answer your question of "when i begin to max stats.... where does most of a Sura's damage come from? I see some build with very little agility, yet in Renewal agility feels very very powerful."
I'd tell you that AGI is definitely not the primary stat for Suras for damage, but it definitely is a good secondary stat for a well-rounded Sura.

Have fun~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users