7 replies to this topic

#1 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

How do physical damage drop and magic damage drop equipment bonuses work? Do they reduce the damage by the perecentage no matter what? (so in theory stacking to 100% makes you invulnerable)

What exactly is absolute defense rate? The wiki says it's the same thing as block rate and is only for knights but I got a bracelet with absolute defense bonus even though my character is not a knight. :Emo_22:

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

What exactly is absolute defense rate? The wiki says it's the same thing as block rate and is only for knights but I got a bracelet with absolute defense bonus even though my character is not a knight. :Emo_22:

Because a bracelet is usable for all classes it can have this stat without actually affecting your class. So you should simply ignore this stat if you aren't a knight.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 29 September 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#3 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

Because a bracelet is usable for all classes it can have this stat without actually affecting your class. So you should simply ignore this stat if you aren't a knight.

Thanks for the reply. I think you're wrong, though. This Bracelet of Dark Dragon Lord is class-specific. :p_swt:

tahfsm.jpg

Edited by Laburey21, 29 September 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

I only could find the following official information (this is an official text from the old EU-Server forum after the last Galaxia Update posted by a CM there):

(taken from the old EU-Server forum)

The Block Chance rate has been changed as well. Currently, the Block Chance rate is displayed as a value with the name "absolute def rate". In addition to this, there is now a new attribute: Block Chance. Both of them can be viewed in the new "Unique" attribute category in the character window. In order to check your Block Chance rate in % (vs. an enemy of your level), simply hover your mouse cursor over "def rate".

• Absolute def rate (Block Chance rate): First, you'll need a base value, since all percentage-based Block Chance rate bonuses are relative. This means that nothing can be increased without a base value to go on. This base value can be acquired through equipment that can be used to block. Several shields and katars already have received the attribute "def rate".

• Block Chance: This is a percentage by which the damage you take from a blocked hit is reduced. If you have 50% Block Chance for example, you will only take half of the damage you would usually take. This also includes elemental damage!

Against enemies of the same level, a Block Chance rate of 40% can be achieved. The damage received from a blocked hit can be reduced by up to 99%, meaning it can be mitigated almost entirely. Thus, "absolute def rate" and Block Chance remain very valuable attributes that can have a tremendous effect on combat.

I can't guarantee this is completely right, but the only reference I could find. Nowhere is written that this stat is only for knights, but if someone knows more, please correct this info.

How useful this stat is for any class I can't say. 

Edit: Also, I see that this stat you're speaking about is the "SoulCraft" effect.

As far as I know, Soulcraft effects are completely random and not bound to any class. So if it's right that this stat is only for knights, it's just a useless stat for your class you got by unsealing this bracelet.

But I'm not 100% sure regarding this "only for knights" thing. 

Maybe some other players hanging around here have more experience with this stat and can clarify this?

Edited by VModPopcorn, 29 September 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#5 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

Yeah, I know soulcraft bonus is not class-specific but it's usually item-specific, so I think it's a bit odd to get a worthless bonus like this. :p_sad:

But nothing to do about it now. Thanks for taking the time and replying.

#6 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

how's it odd? Magic weapons can get max min physical attack soulcraft and Melee weapons can get min max magic attack soulcrafts so its to be expected

#7 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

how's it odd? Magic weapons can get max min physical attack soulcraft and Melee weapons can get min max magic attack soulcrafts so its to be expected

I see what you mean, but all classes have attack and magic attack stats. I didn't mean it's odd that a bonus doesn't fit the item. I meant that it's odd that a class-specific item has a bonus for a stat that the class can't have.

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

I see what you mean, but all classes have attack and magic attack stats. I didn't mean it's odd that a bonus doesn't fit the item. I meant that it's odd that a class-specific item has a bonus for a stat that the class can't have.

This are two sides of the same coin:

On the one hand it may be odd, that you can get stats that doesn't fit. On the other hand the soulcraft effect is a random stat. And it's randomly for ALL items, also for such which are not soulbound and can given to use for other classes. The developers have decided to make it randomly for all kind of items. And so you've the risk to get an effect that does not fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users