Renewal WoE TE - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Renewal WoE TE

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#51 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

hey ayin, you're mexican?  :heh:

#52 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, the sunday morning time is awful, I'm tired all day on sundays now (it sucks, but WoE TE is way more fun than the other WoEs).

WoE TE is just a bad version of Classic WoE. Way more pre cast friendly (long cast times), and no SE.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 01 October 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#53 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

calm u boobs everyone xD, WOE TE time wont change never, stop it :heh:

We are looking at the possibility of changing up the times every 3-6 months.

I think it's about time :)

#54 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Would be nice to have a new poll for times just to see. The last poll was really close & you can see which options to throw out this time.

Edit: Plus ( http://forums.warppo...me-poll-mk-iii/ ) we got the 2nd as the time and not the 1st.

Edit2: I repeat myself too much.

Edited by Ambur, 01 October 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#55 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

You're the one who has replied the most and doing all the QQing, please stop with the troll rhetoric.

In no way is it trolling. I'm replying to the ones crying that woe is during their nap time. Yes it's crying when I'm telling people to suck it up. Sunday morning most people can play. It's just most people can't make sacrifices and wake up a bit earlier.

It's good to get a good night of sleep and wake up early.

#56 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

hey ayin, you're mexican?  :heh:

lol no you want me to be a cool mexicano dont u lol

#57 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

WoE TE is just a bad version of Classic WoE. Way more pre cast friendly (long cast times), and no SE.

WoE TE: has what every WoE from Pre-Renewal to now has lacked that was required. Maya Purple Card and Golden Thief Bug Card Disabled! :3

#58 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

In no way is it trolling. I'm replying to the ones crying that woe is during their nap time. Yes it's crying when I'm telling people to suck it up. Sunday morning most people can play. It's just most people can't make sacrifices and wake up a bit earlier.

It's good to get a good night of sleep and wake up early.

In every way you are trolling, perhaps you could modify your message with less pointed verbs.  Quoting and then telling people to "quit crying" and "suck it up" is nothing but an elitist attitude designed to piss people off and you know it, cut the crap.

#59 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

WoE TE: has what every WoE from Pre-Renewal to now has lacked that was required. Maya Purple Card and Golden Thief Bug Card Disabled! :3

Just because they don't have MP doesn't mean they're not using MP ~.~

#60 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

no GTB is nice

#61 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Gods too!

#62 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

your money is no good here.

You wanna ask warpportal? ;)

#63 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:08 AM

your money is no good here.

but honestly, the game is catering (and rightfully so) to the majority of the playerbase. it's unfortunate that the times are not good for some people, but it's also impossible to have an ideal time for 100% of the population since you have players in every single conceivable time zone.

Correct. That's why this time fits most of the world if the Americans can wake up. Not many people has mentioned but this timing fits EU and also ASIANS, TE is 11pm for asians and 4pm for Europe. Asians already have to wake up on work days or they can't even play as its 7am. Changing the time will make it MONDAY morning (working day) for Asians and middle of the night for EU. Don't be a wuss and just wake up like Asians do for woe 1&2. Eventhough the servers are based in America, "i" still stands for international. Changing the time will KILL peeps from TWO timezones.

BUT If you lazy Americans are desperate just change the time to an hour later, 9am PST should be more "bearable" to wake up, 5pm EU time and 12pm Asian time not too late except school kids. This was the original TE time and attendance was pretty good

Edited by celestience, 02 October 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#64 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:36 AM

What I don't get is why we have a time that caters to the Asian and European communities...

There's what, 7 guilds WoEing in TE (Animosity, CS, Sinergia, Smokies, Redemption, Antarctic, +13 Muramasa), with an average attendance of maybe 35?  That's only about 250 people WoEing.  Of those 250 people, probably about 200 are in the Americas somewhere.  There are a few other guilds that WoE, but I've never even seen them, so I have no idea if they're just 2 people going around breaking emps or not.

So we picked a time for WoE:TE that caters to 20% of the TE population?

WoE:TE should be two hours later in the morning.  TE would be 10am-11am PST, and Classis WoE2 would get started an hour later at 12pm so people that want to do both can have a full hour of prep.  If we later decide to make TE a two hour WoE, instead of one hour, we could do 9am-11am.  Those two extra hours of sleep would make the world of a difference for US west coast players, and would even make it easier for European players, at the cost of select few people coming from the other side of the Pacific Ocean that can't be up that late being unable to make it.

#65 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

I believe +13 Muramasa is an Asian (Japanese) guild

Also, I would be displeased if WoE ran into my Sunday football-viewing schedule (no change till after Feb, thx)

#66 byliew2

byliew2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2449 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

What I don't get is why we have a time that caters to the Asian and European communities...

There's what, 7 guilds WoEing in TE (Animosity, CS, Sinergia, Smokies, Redemption, Antarctic, +13 Muramasa), with an average attendance of maybe 35?  That's only about 250 people WoEing.  Of those 250 people, probably about 200 are in the Americas somewhere.  There are a few other guilds that WoE, but I've never even seen them, so I have no idea if they're just 2 people going around breaking emps or not.

So we picked a time for WoE:TE that caters to 20% of the TE population?

WoE:TE should be two hours later in the morning.  TE would be 10am-11am PST, and Classis WoE2 would get started an hour later at 12pm so people that want to do both can have a full hour of prep.  If we later decide to make TE a two hour WoE, instead of one hour, we could do 9am-11am.  Those two extra hours of sleep would make the world of a difference for US west coast players, and would even make it easier for European players, at the cost of select few people coming from the other side of the Pacific Ocean that can't be up that late being unable to make it.

Why? Just because it is an INTERNATIONAL server?

I'm playing from Asia region and TE starts at 11pm here, I do not wish for a change to a later time that would be like 1 or 2 am midnight. The fact is, regular woes 1.0 and 2.0s start at 7AM here. Come on how is 8am on a Sunday comparable to 7am on a weekday? Also, TE only lasts for 1 hour and its easy to just get back to bed and not having to strain your eyes at 7am in the morning for 2 hours. To be honest 9am is not that bad considering that its the time ppl wake up and get off to work. IMO woe times are already inclined towards the US time zones whereby there're no woe-ing during odd hours like in the middle of the night. I have to agree that the European timezone faces a little problem there for regular woes since I have been playing from the GMT timezone before.

Edited by byliew2, 02 October 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#67 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

Ya, let's make 200 people wake up 2 hours earlier because less than 50 people can't stay up another two hours.  WoE times are made to cater to the majority.  A business that doesn't lean in favor of their majority demographic of customers doesn't understand how to be a business.

Not to mention that by delaying the start of it for 2 hours that 200 number would probably go up to at least 250, and we'd have bigger guilds WoEing.  One of the reasons TE got off on the wrong foot is because every guild was so small individually that everyone just merged down to the 7 guilds we have going right now.

You could make a case for 9am being a good time to start instead of the 10am I suggested.  Not just because it's a compromise between the current and proposed times, but also if they ever extend TE to be 2 hours instead of 1, they can add an hour to the end of it, instead of making it start earlier, which should make that transition easier.

#68 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

I prefer Friday 8-9 pm PST.

#69 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

I think they would be making a mistake just pushing the time some hours without getting votes from the community. They should just have another poll, it would be nice to see what people want now.

#70 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

Right. Because polls' results on these forums are accurate and resembles the REAL WoE population. Maybe the in-game poll is better.

#71 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

Right. Because polls' results on these forums are accurate and resembles the REAL WoE population. Maybe the in-game poll is better.

You'll end up with the same result tbh if not worse due to alts and alt accounts, it would have to be tied to a WP account.

#72 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

Wtf? That's a really self-centered comment. TE times right now is really only inconvenient for PST/CST folk.

This thread makes Americans seem very conceited, it's kind of embarrassing. If TE matters enough to players they will wake up for it, pretty simple. 

I deal with waking at 7am for TE, occasionally sleeping past it, really not a huge deal. That said changing times to accommodate more players is def a good thing, but being inconsiderate to people from other time zones is pretty uncool.

#73 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

Don't get on her bad side =o

#74 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

I know they aren't and I know how past polls have gone (never said I didn't) but it's better than randomly picking without any sort of idea what people want.

Edit: The current time may actually be the best but considering the last poll was 50/50 nearly on 2 times that were 10hrs~ different it would be nice to see what it is now. Even the last poll had duplicate voters but it still shows where the majority wants the times.

Edited by Ambur, 02 October 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#75 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

You'll end up with the same result tbh if not worse due to alts and alt accounts, it would have to be tied to a WP account.

Wonder if they can do that, but then again nothing stopping players from creating multiple WP accounts -> game accounts. Unless they restrict in-game polls by creation date of the said WP accounts. For example: New accounts created after xx/xx date can't participate in this particular poll. The same could be done for character creation date or class type (novices can't participate in poll)..etc. If its not that complicated to implement it would be great imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users