6 replies to this topic

#1 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hello everyone ...

I just recently transcended my old monk and I was kind of unhappy with his old stats.

I had a total of 90 agility and to my dismay RTB would override CD procs as well as RTB had a freeze period in the animation waiting for the combo.

How practical is it to just skip agility stat all together? (besides buff of course)

I am basically looking to get to 90 vit / 90 str / 90 int as fast as possible.

Is this wise? Or is having some agility almost a no brainer?

Thanks!

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

are you usually soloing all the way? or doing TI parties?

if solo you will need at least base 50 AGI (supplemented by ASPD gears/pots) for decent DPS with combo skills;

base 50 AGI is a good minimum for end-level shura anyways (i posted general stat ranges on your previous post);

skillwise, you can go full combo (even get CCC-10, but leave RTB and GF at prereq levels), since you should be able to get free skill resets from prontera hypnotist if lvl 99 or below (unless NPC was removed);

you can probably manage to solo until you can join TI parties w/ no AGI at all, and you probably won't find any use for it anyways while MS tanking (which is what shura usually do in parties, all the way to lvl 150);

however, even if you decide to focus on the main stats first, i still suggest getting some (50-70 base) AGI at the end

if you plan to do solo tiger cannon leveling at some point as shura, you should get AGI first (at least get it to it's end-level value right before you get to TC soloing); AGI (and DEX, though 1/2 the effectiveness of AGI) reduces combo delay so you can get to TC in a shorter period of time (also means shorter time tanking the mob)

at end-level AGI's benefits become more prominent - ASPD for less animation delay (mobility w/ snap and chaining skills), plus additional status effect and masquerade resistance

so yeah, getting some AGI is quite common;

if you do see shura with no AGI at all, it's most likely pure MvP build (120 STR, high INT, 95 VIT, rest to DEX and LUK) - which is setup/gear dependent to maximize damage;

CD in mouth is more of a novelty item and should not be really relied on for DPS;

should focus more on combo skill as champ (then reset skills to remove unneeded combo skill before changing to shura); after changing to shura, you will be mostly MS tanking or snap pulling, or be using skyblow when soloing at early levels, then switch to tiger cannon later on (job 40 is ideal for TC but you can get it earlier than that);

originally, i made 3 shura [so i had GoH, KA, and revit builds (before the major balance patch), now they are all the same skill-wise (GoH)]

1 has 70 base AGI (well rounded stats overall), the other two have 90 base AGI which i actually prefer playing (not much INT for them as i don't bother GFisting with those two)

Edited by ka10, 01 October 2014 - 01:30 AM.

#3 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

interesting info.... maybe i will take agi to 90 just for my HBP .... the decisions ....

#4 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Ok, so here is my new plan. Currently mid Champion level.

Current stat plan for 100 is ::::: 

str 1

agi 90

dex 60

vit 10

int 90

luk 1

Stat plan for 150 is ::::

str 90

agi 90

dex 70

vit 100

int 90

luk 13

My equipment planned for 100 is :::

Rideword Hat

CD

+9 Heroic BP

Ring of Fire Lord

Valyrian Shield w/ High Orc (Reflect damage to proc more autocast)

Variant Shoes

2x Hunter Fly Carga

With this build I am fully utilizing my amazing HBP with almost every stat there is.

At 100, I am hoping to use my agility and reflect to proc my autocast while having good SkyBlow damage from high agility for massive AE and/or single target potential. From there I will solely work on vit to get to 100 asap in preparation of using tiger cannon and further my reflect/tanky awesomeness. 

I am not too worried about getting to 100 due to having so much good autocast damage from my int it will easily carry me to that level. My main concern is how much your STR affects skyblow once i hit 100. I am hoping that my Carga Mace will make up for a lower STR due to its higher damage. If this is the case and my skyblow damage would be bad, then I will probably rethink pumping up my agility so fast and split it between agi and str.

Thoughts? =P

**Edit** So after reading what Sky Blow damage is based off of, I might hold off on cranking my intelligence up so high. I would lose an insane amount of damage off my autocast though...... so I dunno .... Having a really good heal + sp regen + autocast damage is really cool for the low level TIs as well. I just dont know what I want to stat up first... maybe I will lay off some agility in favor of STR.... 

Edited by LoLitsNeal, 01 October 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#5 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

try getting STR to base 90 at lvl 100;

pumping up base INT too early for MATK just to increase autocast damage is not worth it;

(also you could just use staffs for magic autocast damage instead of using base INT stat);

really once you get skyblow, i would ditch any autocast gears since skills that have delay will prevent you from spamming skyblow;

should try to have 435 HIT once you decide to go TCing in scaraba dungeon; 

i would say you would be fine with around 50 INT as mid-level shura, since SP isn't really a problem with RD+PA; INT and LUK would probably be the last stats you add on;

Edited by ka10, 01 October 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#6 LoLitsNeal

LoLitsNeal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

Oh, interesting .... I do not know why I did not think of reflect triggering autocast not allowing me to use any other abilities .... hmmmmm...

#7 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

if planning to stick with 90 AGI, suggest 150 stats be

90 STR

90 AGI

95 VIT

86 INT (the 90 INT MATK bonus from HBP doesn't really benefit shura at 150)

80 DEX (more HIT, cast time reduc)

15 LUK

otherwise, by lowering AGI (down to 70-80), you can squeeze in more points for DEX, INT, and maybe even VIT; 

Edited by ka10, 01 October 2014 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users